Bi-di - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCC View Post
A little off topic but I always thought the perfect livestock tractor would be a 20000 lb wheel loader with sharp ag tires and a pto for the processor
I defiantly agree with you there. If I could get a pto and hitch on a payloader that would be the cats meow. For now the next closest thing is a bi-di.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have close to 14K hrs on a TV140. Push & pull 2 18ft haybine all summer. Has the bale shedder on it all winter. Dumped a few bucks into it a couple summer ago to fix oil leaks. Last winter the eng oil pump went, it was due for a bottom end & I replaced the turbo when it was in the shop 20+ grand later I got it back. Just put 4 new tires on it. As long as I have cattle I will have one.

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
Quote:
A little off topic but I always thought the perfect livestock tractor would be a 20000 lb wheel loader with sharp ag tires and a pto for the processor
I defiantly agree with you there. If I could get a pto and hitch on a payloader that would be the cats meow. For now the next closest thing is a bi-di.
How many PTO hp do you need. Those payloaders have quite a bit of hydraulic flow. A Deere 544k puts out 50gpm at 1000psi. We have run our graincart 22" auger on less gpm than that. Higher pressure. But if you really wanted to, AtomJet or someone similar could add a big hydraulic pump to that motor, then mount a hydraulic pto and hitch out the back. Tub grinder? No. Bale king? Maybe. Can one of those put out 100hp? I dunno. Project for someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Need about 120, big processor (high line fine cut) fed hard can kill 180 hp fendt dead
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Need about 120, big processor (high line fine cut) fed hard can kill 180 hp fendt dead
I think that would be a bit demanding of a hydraulic motor. Could still put a hitch on for pulling a bale wagon
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Barn
Would probably be cheaper to put a tuned compound turbo 4bt cummins on a bale processor than adding a 120hp hyd PTO to a pay loader.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnviL View Post
Would probably be cheaper to put a tuned compound turbo 4bt cummins on a bale processor than adding a 120hp hyd PTO to a pay loader.
Yup. And just a hitch on the loader. One trick pony though.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We feed cows with two tractors. a FWA that has a feed wagon hooked to it all winter and a NH Tv6070. The bi does all the loader work (loading silage, handling bales, cleaning snow etc). The bi di also pulls the bale processor. 99% of the bale processing is shredding straw for bedding. we shed about 8 bales ever 2 or 3 days depending on the weather. Having an articulating tractor on a bale shredder is very handy for directing straw into calf shelters or around the corner of a building or windbreak. Instead of backing up and going forward again (fwa) , just turn the steering wheel to position the processor. We don't clean the rad very often, not a problem in the winter. The one annoying thing about shredding with it is the position of the hydraulic levers. Our processor is a left hand discharge, and the levers are on the right side of the console which makes it awkward to look over your left shoulder. but you get used to it. We have stalled the tractor trying to shred a frozen bale. but that is rare , straw was baled wet. The tv6070 is a better tractor than the tv145. they corrected the problems we had on the 145 on the newer 6070.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
I have a IT28g cat wheel loader, its not the machine for cattle!!! Good visibility, lots of hydraulics, but my son told me he'd shoot the tires off it in spring as ruts get at least hip deep! And not very user friendly, a skid steer with tracks can carve circles around it. I use a S300, and a tractor hooked to processor, works for me, and I'd never be without a skid steer....ever!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
That was almost another idea I had was a larger skid steer with tracks. Had a skid once and liked it for a lot of things and hated it for a lot of things. It was a older model though. My biggest issue with a skid is capacity.

I have a 7' bucket on the tractor I use now and takes 3 or 4 buckets to fill my larger feeders at times. Dont know how big of bucket they make for a skid that I wouldnt be doing a ton of trips to fill feeders. It doesnt weigh up all that much but is just a bunch of fluffy stuff. And at the same time I'd like one that could lift a lot to be able to do manure with it.

Also thought of a compact wheel loader in the same thought. Dont know what the pros and cons would be for them but I can see tire size for floatation being a issue right away when it gets muddy.

Last edited by LittleMountain; 01-22-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page