Bi-di - Page 3 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
That was almost another idea I had was a larger skid steer with tracks. Had a skid once and liked it for a lot of things and hated it for a lot of things. It was a older model though. My biggest issue with a skid is capacity.

I have a 7' bucket on the tractor I use now and takes 3 or 4 buckets to fill my larger feeders at times. Dont know how big of bucket they make for a skid that I wouldnt be doing a ton of trips to fill feeders. It doesnt weigh up all that much but is just a bunch of fluffy stuff. And at the same time I'd like one that could lift a lot to be able to do manure with it.
I have a really nice Cat 287B tracked skidsteer for sale. It will lift up a 1000 liter tote easy, so a decent size bucket for feed would be no problem I would think. I could see it being the thing to have for corrals and manure too.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Ya I think it would he nice, used to have one but it was to small for what i wanted to use it for. Only problem now is I ha e no idea how to spec these things out. That's a whole new world compared to tractors.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Use a TV140 every day to feed cows. I hook and unhook the bale grinder, use the tractor to load the feed wagon with. PIA to hook up to the engine end without help, can't see the drawbar. Reveserable fan is a must if doing that, or grind so the wind carries the dust away. Use to push a NH 2331 14ft discbine. Good luck finding one thats not pounded out. I also push a 25ft Macdon 960 triple delivery head for swathing. On a 90 degree day, I use to spent just as much time blowing the rad and coolers out as I did cutting. If you go with a TV series, the best thing you can do for summer use is take the muffler out from under the hood, a reversable fan, and make sure you take the time to charge the AC and clean the air ducks. They don't move much air. After I did that I was down to blowing out the rad once a day. As far as removing the muffler, I put a taller stack on, and it doesn't seem any louder in the cab than it was before. You couldn't give me a 9030 or older. I owed one for 6 months, just too small for what I wanted to do. Have 12,000 hours on my TV 140 and I would give my left arm before I would let that tractor go. That is unless it was being replaced by a TV6070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
The tv-140 always seemed like a sweet machine to me, only been around my buddies but I can see why guys like them. We are not cattle guys at all, but besides our farm we also own gravel pits so we have a fair bit of heavy equipment. Cat and komatsu, we used to have a bobcat t190, t250 and t300 skidsteer that were so-so. Went to tracked 289 &299c cats and I like them much better, they are animals. We also have a gehl tele-handler for moving/loading pro-boxes and stuff and that also is a handy machine.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck View Post
Pretty common for at least the older TV's to develop leaks around the articulation joint. Not sure if there was ever a fix as our TV140 got burnt around 1100 hours - none of us lost any sleep over losing it.
From my experience, that isn't accurate. Those things leaked everywhere. I'm sure we have an environmental hazard where our TV 140 parked in the shop. The problem was the way they connected the hoses, two machined surfaces, with an o ring. We were told that they had a problem at the factory, and the o rings weren't put into the groves properly and some of them got crushed. They would hold oil for a while, then a little trickle followed by a big leak. Ours went back for a re-call or change up to change all the o rings on all the fittings on the transmission, all the hydraulic fittings, and I believe new hose holders at the articulation joint, and a new oil cooler, that resulted in a new rad and ac condenser. That made it some what better, but there were still leaks. It wouldn't be so bad fixing the problems if you could actually get in around the transmission.

That one when away when at 900 hours it started getting antifreeze in the oil. I think they said it went to Texas once they got it fixed, and I'm still feel like it should have gone further away.

The 145 was much much better, and the 6070 so far has been even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMountain View Post
Also thought of a compact wheel loader in the same thought. Dont know what the pros and cons would be for them but I can see tire size for floatation being a issue right away when it gets muddy.
I had thought about one of those too. I looked into the largest case and cat compact loader. Those things were 45-50 thousand more than a tracked skid steer. You'd want to be sitting down when you get a price quote on one

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
RC is correct, they are a bugger to hook up too on the engine end without a second person. We mounted a mirror to the grill guard, so you can see the drawbar from the seat. If you don't have a grill guard, you probably should. Dealer says they have sold a lot of replacement hoods cause guys back into stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190131_102550_1548990451323.jpg (3.64 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20190131_102523_1548990516005.jpg (3.37 MB, 7 views)
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maver View Post
RC is correct, they are a bugger to hook up too on the engine end without a second person. We mounted a mirror to the grill guard, so you can see the drawbar from the seat. If you don't have a grill guard, you probably should. Dealer says they have sold a lot of replacement hoods cause guys back into stuff.
Thanks for the idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page