Bi-di - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Bi-di

Question for NH bidirectional owners.

I've always wanted a bidi tractor. And I keep trying to come up with a way to pencil one in. But I can never seem to justify it. The biggest thing that's throwing a wrench in the plans is the fact that I drag around my shredder all winter. Use it every couple days and thought it would be to much of a inconvenience to drag behind a bidi with the way they're set up.

That being said, how do you guys who run them make everything a smooth operation. Do you have a separate tractor for a bale processor, or hook/unhook whenever needed? If you do run your BP behind them how are they for visibility and manuverability?

We used to have a 276 years ago, got switched out to a fwa when dad went to upgrade and the shredder came shortly there after. Pretty much only run one tractor all winter, been doing things a bit different this year and have my BP on a different tractor and my chore tractor is nearing a upgrade as well. So started thinking about my bidi dreams again.

Any insight on how people use them on the livestock operation would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 735 Post(s)
We don’t have one but From a couple guys who have a bi-di and from the dealer they say not to run a bale processor on one unless you like cleaning out the rad every couple of bales.

We have two tractors running everyday in the winter. Bale processor gets hooked up and unhooked everyday.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Reversing fan, and pull it from the engine end. No problems with the rad. This is on the TV series. The 9030 and older, in my opinion wouldn't have a heavy enough draw bar on the engine end to handle a processor.

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 712alberta View Post
Reversing fan, and pull it from the engine end. No problems with the rad. This is on the TV series. The 9030 and older, in my opinion wouldn't have a heavy enough draw bar on the engine end to handle a processor.
9030 and older I believe only had a hydraulic PTO on the engine end... so i dont think there was any way you could get the power outta them that way anyway, plus I think it's a rare option.

I have a blue 276, I love it but I primarily grain farm. Where I grew up we had a small feedlot and cow calf operation, dad always had a bidi starting with a versy 256, then a 276, then a 9030. And with that was a case 2090. The 2090 was primarily on the feed wagon and hooked up to the bale processor when we needed it, the bidi was strictly loader work for us.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Spose it would depend on how big and how often you use the processor. I have a smaller one and just leave it hooked up most of the time. I probably use it 2days a wk average in the winter.

I dont have it on a bisexual and know they dont recommend it.
Would be super handy tho!

They are super handy units and if I could in any way justify one I would own one.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Barn
Pretty common for at least the older TV's to develop leaks around the articulation joint. Not sure if there was ever a fix as our TV140 got burnt around 1100 hours - none of us lost any sleep over losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
I've heard the TV's have some problems. We never personally had one. But love the 256,276 and 9030. The cummins engine in the red one was bulletproof, the ford engines never gave us problems. My brother has a 9030 and has had to replace 2 or 3 axle shafts. But other than that and pins and bushings, we love them. My brother did articulation joints recently and theres enough slack in wires and hoses to just slide front and back away enough to change out wear components.

Keep calm and combine on....
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
So seems as most people would run another tractor for a shredder. How hard is it to put the loader on and off, did the system improve from the 276 I'd hope.

If I went to the tv series I'd need to be able to put it to more use than just feeding cows, has anyone ever run a disc head with it, how are they? Or would i have enough power to pull a 15' discbine with it? Dont need to go super fast, usually cut around the 6-7mph mark.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
We ran a bisexual on a dual haybine system a few years back, pretty sure it was two 14' heads, one pushing in front and one pulled along off to the side. Could cover acres ok, speed was lower than a discbine, but acres per day was completely handicapped by plugged rads. Would have to blow it out twice a day sometimes. Not too sure which model it was (I think I was in high school then) but it was a complete NH setup with power unit, loader and two hay headers. Traded it on a JD self propelled discbine and were much happier in regards to hay cutting and barley swathing, but do miss the fantastic loader capability
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
A little off topic but I always thought the perfect livestock tractor would be a 20000 lb wheel loader with sharp ag tires and a pto for the processor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page