The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Livestock Production (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/25-livestock-production/)
-   -   Wrong kevlar! (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/25-livestock-production/331175-wrong-kevlar.html)

cptusa 02-19-2019 08:56 PM

Wrong kevlar!

You suggested in another thread when talking about my pig issues to fry up some bacon and walk quietly through the barn starring the pigs down. It almost made sense, make them think that I'm crazy and mentally unstable... until tonight. Another jail break. This time was different. I had a dead in the alley by the door from this morning that I went to pick up tonight. Open door, pigs everywhere, again, this makes 5 times in two weeks. They took the dead from the alley to the back of the pen and proceeded to mutilate it, unpack it, whatever you want to call it. These guys are insane. I realize pigs are omnivores but generally if they have full feed in front of them and throw in a bunch of loose gates to deal with they won't tear one apart. I've come to the determination that they are obviously utilizing my blanket WIFI signal and somehow have obtained a device allowing them to view TCF therefore seeing your post and taking it up a notch.

There is no other logical conclusion.

farmshop 02-19-2019 09:17 PM

Not to be a tin foil hat wearing crack pot but the way genetics and feeding programs are pushed nowadays along with all the technology waves bouncing around why wouldn’t it affect animals. Heck we are probably lucky we aren’t all goofy

SouthernSK 02-19-2019 09:25 PM

Cptusa have you hung chew chains in the pens? Some genetics are alot more agressive than others. Some are just like sharks and will try eat you alive when you walk in the pen.

adsinaus 02-19-2019 09:26 PM

Be wary if they’ve been watching snatch...
(Language warning)

cptusa 02-19-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernSK (Post 3316333)
Cptusa have you hung chew chains in the pens? Some genetics are alot more agressive than others. Some are just like sharks and will try eat you alive when you walk in the pen.

There are actually two different flows in that barn and one is exceptionally aggressive. Chew chains do help but end up in pit and in agitator pump so I don't use them. Used tires work good but are a biosecurity issue.

kevlar 02-19-2019 11:46 PM

Get out! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE MAN!!!! Is there someone we can contact to go look for you in case we don't hear from you for a few days? Just PM me all your banking info and where you have all your tin cans full of money, I will look after it for you, it's the least I can do!

361turbo 02-20-2019 12:20 AM

Have you tried talking to them about it?

SWMan 02-20-2019 12:23 AM

Heard a story about a worker in a hog barn that got knocked out and when he came to he was missing a bunch of fingers! Captain you had better wear a helmet and a cup when you go in there next time...:wink:

farmshop 02-20-2019 08:24 PM

We raise turkeys and aggression is a problem. Sometimes it can be controlled by length of long day lighting. Sometimes different colored ropes and sometimes you just deal with it. There are flocks where you don’t walk the barn anymore than necessary and if you have to bend down to fix something you need a spotter to keep them from coming after you when you’re not looking

whtbaron 02-20-2019 10:04 PM

Do you control what goes into the ration or does your feed supplier? I've been out for almost 10 years now, but there were some growth promoters on the market that would make the pigs hyper. I think raptopamine was one... made them more aggressive, and in some genetic lines it would give them seizures and heart attacks.