• 1 Post By Bar D
  • 1 Post By Beerwiser
  • 1 Post By grizzer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Bull sales

Boy would I ever like to start a forum on Bull breeders who refuse to stand behind there bulls. Unfortunately posting names of these rip off artists wouldn't be allowed. Had bought a bull from a breeder, he was lame when he came, he replaced bull without a semen test(horrible quality) and he ended up lame within a week! Half done calving and no tan calves from these white bulls, when I complained he shrugged his shoulders. Too bad, but can't help! So a warning to those who attend sales with multiple breeders involved, do your homework, ask around before you purchase from a breeder who doesn't take care of his customers!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Why can’t you name names ?

Brent.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
We are lucky that the guys we buy from have always stood behind them. Both private on farm sales and auction sales.

Not standing behind your bulls is bad and can cost your customer a lot of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Post the breeder

Somebody that does that won’t be in business long.

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
I’d be naming names every where I could the breeder will get the message. There’s a lot of good breeders out there who stand behind their animals. I had a guy tell me the other day it’s easier to keep old customers then it is to find new ones. Bulls are expensive but a bull wreck is even more expensive takes years to straighten those messes out.
Beerwiser likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Well put Bar D. Name names. Even with hay sales and pesticide application, I have no problem naming people or companies that don't pay as I am sure they would have no problem naming me if I did not hold up my end. My "competitors" have no problem with that either. If I get a new customer, I phone my competitors to ask if they had dealings with them and vice versa. Its a small world and to let crooks screw people over is just wrong. I am looking for a new bull too and I have enough problems. I don't want more.
Bar D likes this.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar D View Post
Iíd be naming names every where I could the breeder will get the message. Thereís a lot of good breeders out there who stand behind their animals. I had a guy tell me the other day itís easier to keep old customers then it is to find new ones. Bulls are expensive but a bull wreck is even more expensive takes years to straighten those messes out.
Oh I've dealt with a lot of good breeders on the simmental side. A few that were reluctant at times to fix the problem, but found a way to swallow there pride and deal with it. This was a Charolais guy, had a sale a few years ago with transcon and I now found out was punted from the sale. Was private treaty last year, and now will be selling in another sale as a new consignor. He gives the breed a horrible name, I know there are others out there....Could I get some refs for good char bulls? Thanks
Bar D likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 735 Post(s)
What area are you looking to buy from?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
What area are you looking to buy from?
North of Saskatoon, 45 min. But I've bought a lot of bulls through Dlms, and they delivered me a bull from Grand praire last year(Jay dawn farm) would recommend them if looking for a good simmental bull. I've heard Mcavoys, Palmers, Horseshoe E.....sounds like these guys sell for pretty decent money, but I guess you get what you pay for. I chose a different route last year, that's why I'm on here complaining. So its partially my fault!!! lol
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Grizzer we just bought one from Jay Dawn hasn't shown up yet, good to hear about them. We have friends that sell red angus and I'm always amazed at how accommodating they are with their warranty. Definitely buy from them when they get blacks. They went private treaty this year, going for the local and late season market. Bought our first nice bull last year from someone going out of business (no warranty) worked out okay.

Last edited by Lowmark; 04-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page