Massey Ferguson Super 92 - The Combine Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Barn
Massey Ferguson Super 92

Bought a massey super 92 at an auction sale today..... been sitting under a tarp for 15+ years, home to a porcupine apparently. Paid $300 because:
#1 my grandpa was incredibly proud when he brought one home many many years ago.
#2 the thing is in incredibly good, complete and original condition.
I'll get some pics tomorrow... the plan is to wake it up from its 15+ year slumber and drive it the 6+ miles home [partly because I want to and partly because we dont have a trailer I think it will fit on]

I will keep you folks posted on how that goes for me if you like.

But the reason for the post is since my grandpa recently passed, I was hoping to glean any and all info about these combines I can while folks that know tidbits and may have operated them are still around. I want to carry this info forward to future generations and hopefully be able to run some material through this machine in the future.

Thanks all!

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
If you are interested in a parts combine I have one with a factory cab that was running years ago when parked. A;so have a new straight cut reel stored in barn for sale.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Dad had one. I drove it a tiny bit. I have the sale brochure from a Super 92. There are some specs listed there. These brochures are available on ebay relatively cheap, if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 09:36 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4689 Post(s)
Something about Super 92ís that invokes passion, itís very interesting.
A local farmer harvests a small area with one every fall as part of a harvest wrap up party, never been but hear itís quite a fun event!
Sure you will enjoy your new purchase!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Anvil I can't wait to see the pictures!
I first learned to run a super 92 of my grandfathers also.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Barn
Thanks for the responses! It really means a lot... I didnt think it would mean so much to me when we bought it but I find I'm getting emotional thinking that I wish I could see grandpas response to our purchase and hearing some stories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Moebis View Post
If you are interested in a parts combine I have one with a factory cab that was running years ago when parked. A;so have a new straight cut reel stored in barn for sale.
Where are you located?
The pickup header was included that appears to bolt onto the straight cut header... after we bought it the owner pointed us to a junk pile where the real was [which is in rebuildable condition]
But new is appealing if it's not too far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRiverEast View Post
My Dad had one. I drove it a tiny bit. I have the sale brochure from a Super 92. There are some specs listed there. These brochures are available on ebay relatively cheap, if you are interested.
Thanks, I'll have to start checking!

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Please post some pics when you bring it home. My neighbor has one out back that still runs....a little far to come for parts as it's at Winnipeg. We bought a pair of JD 55 that have always been shedded....they need to get home too except they are 75 miles away so too far to drive.

Last edited by kendalwpg; 06-17-2019 at 01:12 PM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Don Boles;3340073]Something about Super 92ís that invokes passion, itís very interesting.

I always thought so too! It was the big one! With the extra walker and the Chrysler 251 flat head six and the rad air intake that looked so much more modern than the straight up ones on the 90s. Dad had the straight 92 and it was the first combine I spent much time driving and fixing. We changed out the old 251 for the big 265 in hopes it would start better. As Anvil mentioned, the pickup bolted to the front edge of the straight header. The guards were still on the header where they didn't have to come off to mount the pickup. I had never seen anyone straight cut then and thought that would be a pretty cool way to harvest. Dad wound up in the hospital with a serious infection in his hand from a wood sliver in 1968, so I quit school to take the crop off with that 92. And do the chores and stack and haul all the feed for winter. Finished combining Dec 9th on the frost that year and drove the combine home 4 miles in the cold about 9 pm but we were done!

The Super 92 came with the 265 engine I believe

Last edited by Transaxial; 06-17-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: update info
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
super 92 should have the 265, the 92 maybe not, first ran one 50 years ago. overhauled a few engines, mainly because the shoe ran on bearings, when they go it knocks a hole in the air pipe.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
I see now you beat me to it makar! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page