The Combine Forum - View Single Post - AgOpenGPS
Thread: AgOpenGPS
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 06:38 PM
torriem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
That's really cool. When you get the code in shape for people to look at, I'd love to see it, just to learn about how it's working! So if I understand you right, you're essentially using OpenGL triangles to record the coverage and using OpenGL to calculate the collisions (overlap)? That's a very novel approach!

Seems to me that implement path calculation should be possible with some linear algebra (vector math). I was hoping to find some basic algorithm that could work it out, but I suspect it's more involved, as you are dealing with changes over time that are inter-related. I want to look into this more, but I seem to have too many unfinished projects that take my time and energy. I must be spectrum ADD or something. Nice to see you making so much progress!

I hear you about C# vs C++. Although actually C++ isn't as hard as people sometimes fear. I have to confess I do all my personal projects in Python these days (using PyQt for graphical user interface), which is the fastest language for development I've ever used. Though anytime you have to program a GUI, things get a bit more complicated.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome