Thread: AgOpenGPS
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
BrianTee

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Brian, I got things working better in Wine. I had to ditch my 64-bit wine and go with straight 32-bit, and installed the official dotnet45 runtime. I had to do a registry tweak to get my pass-through serial ports to enumerate in windows, but they do now. Unfortunately, my fake serial device doesn't work (Wine/win32 says it's not a valid serial port) with AgOpenGPS, though I can get it to work with other software like putty... But the real serial port works. I'll try it on my laptop in a tractor when I get a chance.

I'm not sure if this is quite what I think it is, but there's a C# library and some software for Arduino to control the Arduino from inside of C#via the serial link. Arduino Playground - Csharp .
Yes I have, its the next step. While there are lots of ways to do this, the auto connect is really nice. Darn serial ports, it can be very frustrating. Always a problem, especially to go Bluetooth SPP.

The other challenge is tablets generally only have a one usb. Either everything goes thru the arduino including the nmea or a powered hub that may or may not work. The other problem is many tablets won't charge while using USB. The road is bumpy yet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome