What do you think? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Re: What do you think?

At first:
Alex, CAT is out of the AG market since 2002. They had all the chances to come out big in the nineties. They sponsored the Bi-rotor and could have had their own unique combine but dropped it. Instead they tied into Claas. But the Lexions didn't take of as expected, because it took Claas way to long to adapt to american conditions. I am speaking from experience here. When Case and NH merged they had the chance to buy into the AG market big time. Versatile was for sale and other factories and lines CNH had to drop. But CAT missed it again.

Deere has the most aggressive marketing and the densest dealer network. While JD is closing some gaps, Case, NH and AGCO have all lost dealerships over the last years.

In general everybody is trying to catch up with some feature of the competition instead of coming with something really different and new.
Right now the manufacturers chasing after the most gadgets and gismos in the cab and controls, making the machine ever more complicated, while the farming income is on the decline.
Wouldn't it be nice if someone would step up and make a very basic and simple combine without computers, long lasting and easy to service, operate and repair? I bet the cash straped farmers would jump on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The AFX is far superior to the "STS Bullet (ya right) Rotor"

Jus my .02

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Administrator

I believe he was being sarcastic meaning that the Bullet rotor isn't a bullet rotor but rather just a copied AFX rotor...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

All I can comment on is my local area, J.D. has lost market share in new combines, tractors and swathers. Masseys have started to show up in farmer's yards that have been green for years. I haven't seen any change in the Case farmer's yards around here other than swathers, lots of Massey and Hesstons where Cases were. Massey dealers around Regina say they are selling tons of utility tractors to people living on acreages(J.D. backyard). In this case the price seems to be the driving force, Massey has an economy priced utility tractor line. That is what is happening in central Sask.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Man, that really makes me feel soooo good!!!

After all these years, it's great to see a comeback of the Masseys! Kind of like seeing the recovery of the magnifcent California condor or bald eagle!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 AM

Good for you, Shaulin. Personally, I've never had the chance to see any AFX 8010 up close and personal. Lots of talk here about them, but here, you're only the second one I've seen who actually owns one. I'd like to know more about these great machines, too. From what I gather, they are more like an Axial-Flow on steroids.

|
|
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So are you using one of the newer CHN 2200 series corn heads, or an older model? I've heard both good and bad about the 2200 series corn heads.

-Lance
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 10:30 PM

Hey RodBush, you got to be kidding me.....a CASE 1020 head better than a 900 series Deere Flex cutting the crop...yall must don't know how to set up a Deere combine or head since 1983, most farmers will tell ya,even tha farmers that run RED combines, who makes the best flex heads between the two. Now I like CaseIH combines, but I refuse to beleive that case heads are waaay ahead of Deere as you put it...give me a break....... lets be real now,this is fact. I'm not colorblind, I like CASES also. STSMAN P.S. I believe you would really like the new hydro-flex 600 heads, just make sure it is SET right...since you have not learned to set deere heads since 1983...ha,ha,ha.....just kidding. I hope ya have a good farming year in 2006 & have a Merry christmas RodBush.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:08 PM

sts man....

Weve run 1020's and 900 series..........I think there both junk! Including the f30 lexion we are running now! Ok, they might not be junk, but they are no better than anything else.
This is in beans only....no wheat here.
40 year old technology with plastic mods all over........There has to be a better way........Though I can't find one yet

I see MacDon flex drapers poping up all over here. I might have to demo one next year.

Merry Christmas
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:51 PM
hfh

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

stsman...ya gotta be kidding me. I HAVE a JD930F and a 1020 mounted on 9650sts and 2388 repectively. Now, they're both 2 years old after this latest harvest season. You can call me half green and half red if ya want, but this is how it was for my farming operation. 1020 is hands down the best flex head over jd's 930f any day of the week. Keep in mind, that this is all in beans. Wheat they are both comparative. Also, keep in mind that this is all I have ran on my farm..1020s and 930fs. I will be trading in those heads this winter for new ones. I am leaning towards the 36ft draper heads. I also got to say that the poly skids are in better shape onthe 1020 than the 930f after 2 years of use with approximately 6k acres thru each header. Maybe in your case it worked out differently than in my case, but eitherway whatever works for ya.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page