What do you think? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you think?

As much talk that has been going around, Do you think Deere has pretty much taken over harvesting? I have read that 8010 owners have pretty much given up on Case, and alot of farmers are thinking about swiching colors, I do not belive this is a good thing, even though I love Deere and will always stick with them, I dont think its good to have Deere take over everything, but its seems like they are. I think have other combines out is good to keep them all on there feet, but with all the talk all other comebines seem to be losing out in the harvesting world. I hope case and other combine makers step up and show deere that they are still around. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Re: What do you think?

I think Deere has an advantage right now, but as the sounds of it CAT is stepping up and trying to get some action. Gleaner is making a new combine or so is the rumor, Case still has it's tried and true 2388 and sells plenty I'm sure. New Holland also is adding to their lineup and is gaining momentum right now, but who knows. Deere will always have competition I'm sure but it's matter of the quality... my $.02 worth

Alex

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
stu

I do believe right now Deere has a good thing going. As far as far as the overall picture is concerned anyway. However things like their cab, aside from the layout is still 15years old, their new flex heads have alot to be desired and they still lack capacity. From what i have seen from CNH and Cat, deere is not that far ahead really, CNH just brought their machines out too early. Their cabs are nice and the CR I drove flew past the sts in wheat. However, I would not buy anything but a john deere if nothing more than to have their dealer support. I have not had a bad experience with them yet. I agree with the previous post that they should have competition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:07 AM
stu

We found the 3 630 heads we used were too light and couldn't cut very good. At first deere came and took ou the wedge kit, which after that finally we could cut the beans without leaving half on the ground. After that we kept having the dura twin sections chip off the tips and eventually breaking. We would change as many as 12 a day and usually 1 guard. At the end of the year all our paltforms were bent. It left us wanting the old 930's from last year. I will say that deere has always had the better flex head but these need some more work. The thing I did like about them was the amount of flex they gave and the speed that you could cut at in tall soybeans. I'm sure they will straighten these out in the next year or two. We weren't the only ones with trouble. Another thing I will point out is deere's HUR system. I love it and would never go back especially in corn.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I too will always stick to my Green and yellow roots, but its good to see the other colors out there to analyize and reinforce my decision to run Green. Makes me feel good to see that my machines are holding together and holding value through the years better than any other.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
kit

around here 8010 owners including us have not given up on them .sure the first few years had teething problems but now with the updates done they do not miss a beat. the capacity and quality of sample is excellent,the cabin is so quiet and second to none. the simlicity of desigin with the cvt reversable rotor drive self leveling sieves and hardly a belt or chain on it, i think if anyone had a ride on one you would realize its a generation ahead. i have had green and all colors but one has to give credit where its due and not color.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:16 AM

Kit, does your 8010 also have automatic sieve adjustment--from inside the cab, the way the Lexions do? This was basically the last bastion of manual setting conquered by E/M technology. The newer Deere's have it, and I knew they would, as John Deere continues its cutting edge technology and marketing innovations.

I will discuss some aspects of Deere's combine technology and marketing later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 01:36 AM
kit

to combines,auto sieve adjust is standard.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 AM

Hey, I am with you on the Lexions. They ARE impressive. I knew it would only be a short time before Deere caught up to the automatic sieve setting feature. The Lexions had it first, and that's been about 8 years ago. It was a season or two before the Lexions came to America.
I also believe there is a huge untapped potential for further automating the Lexion. I truly believe the "driverless" combine is just around the corner--maybe a lot closer than some think.

|
|
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 02:07 PM

Ralf, I have discussed that very topic here, but on another thread. I made the most details about this as option No.2 over on the Deere page of harvesting.com. It's on the Naegele [sic] thread. I agree with you. I also want to see just what i spoke of above, too.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page