Apache Canada mailing out lease renewals - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Apache Canada mailing out lease renewals

Just opened the mail and found a rent renewal letter from Apache Canada offering a 10% increase for the next 5 years. Just sign on the line and send it back, done deal. Anyone else got a laugh out of that? Commodities have darn near doubled since the last increase, land values have probably increased 50%.

I like oil companies but FFS, at least send me a KY care package to start things out right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Wasn't Apache bought out by Ember in your area? They were here. Have to agree they can be some of the cheapest SOBS around. And the landmen they send out to talk to you would have no trouble sleeping in a grain auger.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillyreefer View Post
Just opened the mail and found a rent renewal letter from Apache Canada offering a 10% increase for the next 5 years. Just sign on the line and send it back, done deal. Anyone else got a laugh out of that? Commodities have darn near doubled since the last increase, land values have probably increased 50%.

I like oil companies but FFS, at least send me a KY care package to start things out right.
I don't have the privilege of having easy money, but from what I hear people say is that a typical lease is about 3000, on about 3 acres of land. If this is the case, a 10% increase would be 100 an acre, or over 5 years, 500 an acre increase. Not sure what land values are in your area, but that increase gets from 25-50% of the value of a large portion of land in Saskatchewan.

Maybe I'm missing something???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Would you prefer a reclamation notice hehe

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meritmat View Post
Would you prefer a reclamation notice hehe
Sure. I've got a couple orphan wells too, gotta love those.

No Apache hasn't sold in my area. They have been put up for bids a couple times in the last six months, no bites.

I've never seen a company mail out lease renewals, they have always sent out a landman. Oh well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:29 PM
bud

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Encana always sends out a lease renewal in the mail after you send in a request for a rent review. At least the last few years. Here the values have not gone up much. Annual rent is based on loss of use (bushels X $/bushel) and adverse affect from farming around the well which has gone up about $200-400.

In Alberta cost of production has nothing to do with the loss of use portion, it is just gross dollars. Machinery, labor and fuel affect the adverse portion, but it is very hard to calculate and prove in front of a review board.

Because yields and prices have been high for a while that value is not going to change much. Pasture land should show more value with high beef prices.

Last edited by bud; 12-23-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page