Brussels bomb attacks>>becomes the god discussion - Page 46 - The Combine Forum
 684Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #451 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Gotta go. Likely won't be back until Monday. No hard feelings, I like the discussion. Carry on, y'all.

Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone95 View Post
Gotta go. Likely won't be back until Monday. No hard feelings, I like the discussion. Carry on, y'all.
I like your tone, I always bite to hard and then come accross all wrong. need a mentor like you!

post #453 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litefoot View Post
I don't doubt that things evolve. I thought I was clear on that in earlier posts. I think a cow can evolve into....a cow.....beter, different, but still a cow.

It is the species jumping part of evolution that I just can't agree with.

Which is why I say "God" did it.

Since bacteria and Virus are not very communicative, and don't appear to me to have a vast knowledge of what they are doing, they will fall into the Randomness of the statistical theories and how often meaningful change happens. but with statistics that low, the actual chance of it (species change) is so low, the chance of a school bus "materializing" out of nowhere is just about as possible (by the way, the school bus thing is talked about in published articles)

When we start understanding the DNA, rNA and changing it, then we are definately affecting the future evolution of the world. I just have to shake my head and go back to the good book "the bible" and have faith that it is all part of the "plan".

Another thing that people get hung up on is "time". In the larger picture, it isn't relavant! Time is only meaningful as a way for us to understand things....It is a way to measure, but from higher deminsions means nothing, and is irrelavant. Watch some good star trek enterprise and their encounters with "Q" my opinion of Time is that it is one of our feeble attempts to understand how things work. Like a 2-D animal that could only look side to side would have no idea that looking up and around would change his world! (but he can't look up and around!)

Probably waisting my time here, but I'm trying to show I am open to "higher" thoughts but just because I'm open to higher level of thoughts and ideas doesn't mean that a book that was writen so long ago isn't worth reading anymore and should be thrown away. I believe it will be one of the keys in helping us unlock our potenial in the future. And that "God" will have much to do with it!

hope this makes sense, and doesn't upset anyone, just trying to put forth why, in the end, I keep going back to the good book!

The God of the Gaps argument.
lynas likes this.

Living the dream,......one bushel at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
All things in moderation, including moderation.
Julia Child
tbone95 likes this.

post #455 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:48 PM

Quote:
All things in moderation, including moderation.
Sunlight causes the body to form it's own Vitamin D, yet gives you skin cancer. So is sunlight good for you or not. The highest rates of skin cancers are found on people who get way too much sun, however, Leukemia rates were highest in countries relatively closer to the poles, such as Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Ireland, Canada and the United States. They were lowest in countries closer to the equator, such as Bolivia, Samoa, Madagascar and Nigeria.

We need someone to explain Keith Richards ! The guy is 72 and has done just about everything that is supposedly bad for you, and he keeps on ticking and ticking.

post #456 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2 View Post
Nice!!! like I said, I'm firm in my belief, and as science changes, I am confident it will confirm my beliefs. But my beliefs weren't, and aren't being debated. (unless you are talking about my belief in what those theories or books say)

I was under the impression that it was a God vs Evolution debate....along with some bible trivia. I jumped into the middle without reading all the previous posts...which was STUPID!

After this long....drawn out debocle. I have found that to use the Term Evolution isn't even going to work for me anymore. So if you would like to specifically question me about my "belief" on a specific type of evolution theory (If you are an evolutionist, you should know what I mean) then I will gladly comment, and if It has been to many years since I researched that specific area or topic, I will go do a quick refresher. It isn't hard to find flaws, doesn't mean the theories are wrong, I just don't have to take god out to believe in science, which is what I thought people were trying to do.

If you will read some of my unanswered questioned posts. When I finally stoped including biblical info, and started asking more specific questions about the evolutionist "beliefs" that part of the debate was over very quickly.....And even Alberta was sucessful in his shut down once he started requesting information.

So I can laugh with all, can agree to disagree, but please don't condim those that don't have to kill god to "go along" with science! I think there are plenty of reasons that god doesn't need to die. But it seems that most non-believers think that we must kill god to accept them....must be some insecurity thing....not sure....if you don't believe in god that is fine, won't affect me as long as you don't require me to do the same! I don't believe I ever tried to convince anyone christians are right, just supported a few spots with information about what is said in the bible (they asked). I did however try to help a few people try to understand where they were a bit into the belief area themselves, but I was unsuccessful. I even tried repeating what they said, and then stated my belief of what the theory really said....there was no response.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I purposely try not to remember who Is saying what so I don't judge them later (I am not 100% successful at this by the way) but when my posts are left unanswered, and then vidios like this are presented, specifically to me, It leaves me feeling like I wasn't heard.

It could be they have found somthing...it's been a few years since I did any research at all on this topic. But honestly, finding bones, that the DNA is no longer good in, and using computer graphics to dress them to look like an in between isn't much final proof in my opinion. Just like all the Dino documentaries of TV. they get us so dumbed down, use big words to impress, and when you do just a little surface diging, you find that they really have no idea what they are talking about. they think because of x, and y, that probably Z, I don't call this proof. Many, Many, Many times they think they have the bones right, then they find out that it had the wrong head, or somthing else.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about these things, except that I used to really be interested, and did lots and lots of study, and I was so disappointed how easily it is to poke "small" holes in so many things. This has happened to me in many many different unrelated issues. Including Variable Rate farming tech. If I have to have faith and believe something, it will be in god, not man!

Thanks for the cartoon, I thought it was funny!

On a totally other topic did anyone see the yahoo headline, they 3-D printed a small robot that could come out of the printer, hook up a couple things, and it would operate! this is so cool!
post #457 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
I went to church for many years. Over time it presented more questions than it answered, I got tired of it and quit going. It just doesn't present a good enough argument to convince me.

In the application to farming, if we sat down and you told me I could spray my wheat with roundup and it would be fine and you could take me to a field and show me that you sprayed wheat with roundup and it lived, but you won't do that, we'd have an argument.

Now if you stated you could spray wheat with roundup, took me to a field, let me watch you spray it with roundup and the field doesn't die, I'd believe you.
Obviously your are not alone in your experience. I think all your thoughts and input has been great on the thread. I'm pretty sure a lot of guys are wishing the thread would die and to be quite honest I was thinking and wishing it would end. Than someone new chimes in and away it goes. It's interesting to come away from a thread with more questions than answers. I don't know all the answers. One thing I do know is. I am weak, Jesus loves me. Everything I thought I wanted in life I have. Is there a few things on a bucket list I'd like to do, sure. As I get older I've come to realize those things really aren't that fulfilling. Seeing God work in my life and my families has been undoubtedly the most fulfilling thing in my life. Someone talked about how science has changed how we live so much. I say that's bullshit. Ask yourself are we any better off as a human race than 100 years ago. Are you living a more fulfilled life than your Grandparents did. I think not. Some advancements in healthcare have given people better quality of life. Really are we any happier as a society than 100 years ago. The depression rates in the developed world are astronomical today.

Like Don said and my wife pretty well took the words out of his mouth. "Nobody changes anybody's mind on the internet". Anybody else's wife kind of disgusted with them?

What I have enjoyed the most about this thread is getting to know the ones who posted. It's been interesting and motivating but more importantly to here from lots of guys on this subject. Even if lots of us don't agree. I would enjoy sitting down for a meal, coffee, or a drink with anybody on here. Maybe just talk farming though.
post #458 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2 View Post
Sunlight causes the body to form it's own Vitamin D, yet gives you skin cancer. So is sunlight good for you or not. The highest rates of skin cancers are found on people who get way too much sun, however, Leukemia rates were highest in countries relatively closer to the poles, such as Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Ireland, Canada and the United States. They were lowest in countries closer to the equator, such as Bolivia, Samoa, Madagascar and Nigeria.

We need someone to explain Keith Richards ! The guy is 72 and has done just about everything that is supposedly bad for you, and he keeps on ticking and ticking.
This will fit in good with my point also. Many people are trying to kill god, because they believe science has all the answers, and while they right, all the answers are there, we just don't know them all yet. So, In my lifetime they keep changing their mind on what is good for you and what isn't. I will say the wise person sits to the side, and takes most of it with a grain of salt, because, as you have pointed out above, moderation, in all aspects of ones life (as the bible also speaks about by the way) would be the best choice, rather than flip flop around all the time.

As with the debate about man and GMO's. There will be species jump now! I think if man can do it god can also, so I'm sure, somewhere in nature, we will find it, we are mainly disagreeing in principle about what caused it, an accident or god. and weather it is possible without god (can it really be a accident?).

The reason I find the accident hard to believe has been covered in the past, and I won't go over it again, but will say if humans now, or god then is involved, it changes the dynamics of the "natural change" I just can't see that without the god part!

cheers!
post #459 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 View Post
Obviously your are not alone in your experience. I think all your thoughts and input has been great on the thread. I'm pretty sure a lot of guys are wishing the thread would die and to be quite honest I was thinking and wishing it would end. Than someone new chimes in and away it goes. It's interesting to come away from a thread with more questions than answers. I don't know all the answers. One thing I do know is. I am weak, Jesus loves me. Everything I thought I wanted in life I have. Is there a few things on a bucket list I'd like to do, sure. As I get older I've come to realize those things really aren't that fulfilling. Seeing God work in my life and my families has been undoubtedly the most fulfilling thing in my life. Someone talked about how science has changed how we live so much. I say that's bullshit. Ask yourself are we any better off as a human race than 100 years ago. Are you living a more fulfilled life than your Grandparents did. I think not. Some advancements in healthcare have given people better quality of life. Really are we any happier as a society than 100 years ago. The depression rates in the developed world are astronomical today.

Like Don said and my wife pretty well took the words out of his mouth. "Nobody changes anybody's mind on the internet". Anybody else's wife kind of disgusted with them?

What I have enjoyed the most about this thread is getting to know the ones who posted. It's been interesting and motivating but more importantly to here from lots of guys on this subject. Even if lots of us don't agree. I would enjoy sitting down for a meal, coffee, or a drink with anybody on here. Maybe just talk farming though.
Very well said, and agreed! But my mother told me years ago that everyone moves a little with every conversation, so I keep on conversating! but yes my wife hates it when I spend this much time on here, and it won't be long till that won't be an option, guys are planting corn in my area full blast! so I'll start going in a week or 2

good luck
post #460 of 516 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalder View Post

Now if you stated you could spray wheat with roundup, took me to a field, let me watch you spray it with roundup and the field doesn't die, I'd believe you.
That wouldn't be wise, as it would mean you probably got scamed! there is only one place in this country that I am aware of that that has been successful, and it was an accident! So if it worked, it would mean you got scamed, and then you would go spray yours! an entertaining thought of how some people must learn though...sad but true! and some of the best cons can capitalize on exactly that type of person. but that ok, because seeing is believeing.

this is by no means meant to put you down, just pointing out a fundamental "flaw" with that ideology! good luck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page