Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
WOW i cant even watch CBC or CTV its so slanted one way its disgusting
With whatever I have watched of it media wise, I have this constant urge to take the microphone from the respective reporters and stuff it deep up their A-SS's. I see it as the media creating and stirring up, feeding the racial card far more then what would otherwise be.

kevlar and Border Farmer like this.
post #183 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
This is a no win situation. Things are going to get ugly. The news networks are just showing one side as usual and as such pouring gas on an already raging fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
This is the best news I've heard all day! I feel very sorry for Gerald and his family that they had to experience this garbage all because of some useless scum. And as far as I'm concerned......all this yelling from the native population and especially his family about racism.....they are the problem! They are the ones who raised this scum and aren't willing to take responsibility for their actions. If my son acted like these kids did....I would hang my head in shame....not blame others! I'm very sure it is awful to lose a child.....but when your child dies commiting a crime.....hang your head low and don't blame everyone else. These kids were driving drunk out of their faces.....damaging property.....stealing..... assaulting innocent people....and carrying a rifle to boot.....there was nothing good coming out of that day.....just too bad that Mr Stanley got dragged into it for no good reason!
post #185 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Congratulations Stanley family, your peers, neighbours, and family were routing for you!! Justice prevails.
SouthernSK and Transaxial like this.
post #186 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz View Post
I am not going to say anything inflammatory about the recent events, but I can tell you as a land owner close to a major urban area, I see all manner of shenanigans on my land. Havent had a theft or vandalism yet knock on wood, but people walking dogs on my land, or shooting arrows and guns, taking pictures, blowing off fireworks, dumping couches and beds and misc garbage and kids mud bogging in my canola after a rain.

And although I cant prove it, I swear there are drug deals and prostitution going on out there as well.

So far its been just nuisance stuff but it cant be long before it gets more serious. I dont know why people get the idea that this land out here is theirs to do whatever they want on it. I mean somebody owns it. I dont come to your house in the city and use your yard for target practice.
Going back to the OP, you are missing out! You need to live near a BIGGER city yet! Since we have things like big oil money here and the fantasy land hotel, we get all sorts of undesirables coming on our lands.

-We had a high speed off road chase!, it was awesome, 3 cruisers cornered the stollen truck on a dead end, then he drove through the fence, through 1 mile of wheat, and onto the next road... well that was the end of it. He got away and later burnt the truck on a road.
-See drug deals ALL the time (they simply just pull off the highway to the closet field driveway)
-Seen a few kids have sex in cars
-Swung my sprayer boom over a car and woman since she drove into my crop to drop a deuce.
-Lots of punks driving through crop
-Combine tanks get emptied once and a while
-We've been successfully robbed about 6 times I think? Not including fuel thefts
-Lots of acreage owners around me who think everything in nature is beyond sacred and farmers are demons
-Soo much garbage and appliances dumped it's not even funny, one time a person dumped all their home renovations in our field, 2x4's shingles with nails, carpet.. you name it!
-I think about 3 stolen cars have been left in our fields so far. Too bad none are worth anything
-We had a massive grow-op in an old yard we were renting out, that cost us a lot of money, police took everything of value, then left us with the mess to clean up.. we should have took the gen-sets.. stupid us.

Unfortunately we haven't seen any prostitutes out our way, would be interesting!
-a neighbour found a bag full of guns and masks, obviously dumped after the crime was successful. Too bad he turned them in, some nice pistols in there.
-another neighbour woke up to find a strange man making himself a meal in his kitchen after he broke in, apparently he wanted a bite to eat before robbing the place.. no joke, police told us that! He actually got caught.
-Literally hundreds of people illegally hunting over the years.
-one time, one of those hiway sherrifs threatened to charge us if he ever seen us drive farm equipment on the hiway ever again! I asked him, "what's more important? Getting to the lake fast on a long weekend, or eating?" Lectured me about public safety.. (it's still legal on our hiway by the way, hiway 2, illegal).
-I have had acreage owners report me for having too wide of equipment, harvesting too late at night, spraying to close to their yards, clearing trees, driving too fast, using land scraper, and best of all.. scaring their horses.
never been fined for any of it, but it's annoying and I do get warnings from the county because there are more of them than us.

Yep, farming near Edmonton is the beessstttttt!
post #187 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Going back to the OP, you are missing out! You need to live near a BIGGER city yet! Since we have things like big oil money here and the fantasy land hotel, we get all sorts of undesirables coming on our lands.

-We had a high speed off road chase!, it was awesome, 3 cruisers cornered the stollen truck on a dead end, then he drove through the fence, through 1 mile of wheat, and onto the next road... well that was the end of it. He got away and later burnt the truck on a road.
-See drug deals ALL the time (they simply just pull off the highway to the closet field driveway)
-Seen a few kids have sex in cars
-Swung my sprayer boom over a car and woman since she drove into my crop to drop a deuce.
-Lots of punks driving through crop
-Combine tanks get emptied once and a while
-We've been successfully robbed about 6 times I think? Not including fuel thefts
-Lots of acreage owners around me who think everything in nature is beyond sacred and farmers are demons
-Soo much garbage and appliances dumped it's not even funny, one time a person dumped all their home renovations in our field, 2x4's shingles with nails, carpet.. you name it!
-I think about 3 stolen cars have been left in our fields so far. Too bad none are worth anything
-We had a massive grow-op in an old yard we were renting out, that cost us a lot of money, police took everything of value, then left us with the mess to clean up.. we should have took the gen-sets.. stupid us.

Unfortunately we haven't seen any prostitutes out our way, would be interesting!
-a neighbour found a bag full of guns and masks, obviously dumped after the crime was successful. Too bad he turned them in, some nice pistols in there.
-another neighbour woke up to find a strange man making himself a meal in his kitchen after he broke in, apparently he wanted a bite to eat before robbing the place.. no joke, police told us that! He actually got caught.
-Literally hundreds of people illegally hunting over the years.
-one time, one of those hiway sherrifs threatened to charge us if he ever seen us drive farm equipment on the hiway ever again! I asked him, "what's more important? Getting to the lake fast on a long weekend, or eating?" Lectured me about public safety.. (it's still legal on our hiway by the way, hiway 2, illegal).
-I have had acreage owners report me for having too wide of equipment, harvesting too late at night, spraying to close to their yards, clearing trees, driving too fast, using land scraper, and best of all.. scaring their horses.
never been fined for any of it, but it's annoying and I do get warnings from the county because there are more of them than us.

Yep, farming near Edmonton is the beessstttttt!

Ever find any dead hookers on your land? Did a brief stint working west of Leduc (worest career more of my life) and I was always looking to see if there was any in the ditch otw to work. No luck

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #188 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meritmat View Post
Ever find any dead hookers on your land? Did a brief stint working west of Leduc (worest career more of my life) and I was always looking to see if there was any in the ditch otw to work. No luck
None yet, surprisingly, either I don't have a good eye for it, or they hide them in the bush good.

Oh yea! That reminds me of another time..

A man and a woman were trespassing with their dirt bikes, they were playing chicken over a hill in our hay field and collided, woman walked to our yard looking for help (just before cell phones), help still takes over an hour to get here for some reason? We went to look at the man and he was in rough shape, he had a filleting knife attached to his belt and the whole thing was 90% buried into his stomach, with the knife case on even! I guess he landed on it. Both high as kites.

Ahh, the memories!
post #189 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
I can't believe the amount of people throw out their trash......... with all their personal mail in it! Makes it easy to track them down that way. Surprisingly though, it's not always deadbeat losers, sometimes people you would think are better than that. Don't always have to be near big cities for all those things to happen, goes on out here all the time, only difference is they are usually people you know. Always laugh when I catch people in "the act"! can't help but think I ruined their day! This past fall took the quad out to go swathing, had to go down a back road and there was a car parked in the middle of it, just thought someone out for a walk. Going past it two heads pop up from the back seat, I burst out laughing!! Never forget the look of the young guys face when they drove down the road past me when I was swathing, gave him a big smile and thumbs up!!! lol
letitgrow likes this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #190 of 568 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 02:07 AM

One time I got busted bad in a Safeway parking lot as teen, at least the late night security guards were good sports, politely asked her if she was ok and wanted to be there, then gave me a round of applause, we were so embarrassed, but we had a good laugh about it later.

kevlar and letitgrow like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page