Ritchie Bro's Regrets: post 'em here! - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
I agree. I can't believe what some stuff is going for on the farm auctions. Seems 4-5 year old grain augers and stone pickers go for about what they were worth when they were new. We bought a S670 during the middle of harvest last year from our dealer cheaper then what they were for selling for at the RB sale in Saskatoon during the winter.
Agreed. Seems like auctions have now become the most expensive place to buy equipment. Much better deals on kijiji

alta66 and bob123 like this.

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2667 Post(s)
I have always been a bit of a conservative auction buyer, been better off than not by far. In fact just a couple weeks ago I bought a CR250 ring ding for 400$ because the owner said it don't run, after it sold I turned the gas on and took it for a drive, it's been running a little rich but starts everytime!

I will really be testing my luck today as this morning I got the high bid on 8 anhydrous tanks, it will be a long road trip if I need to sell them for scrap!

God Bless America
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Cant beat the price of drills at RB auctions

Week Men Create Hard Times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
I agree Meritmat. Drills are the one thing that often does not go good at auctions.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
There are deals at auctions. You just have to be at the right sale at the right time. But I do agree, the deals are getting harder to find these days.

Just because a dealer takes a piece of equipment to a RB sale, it doesn't mean it's always junk. If something isn't moving in the lot and they get a good guarantee price, off it goes. But sometimes it is junk. You gotta take some time and look things over. Dealers sell good looking, shiny pieces of **** too...

My best auction buy was at a Kramer sale. I got 40 slightly used Honeybee guards for 15 bucks. That or the 3 working Norac height control sensors I bought for 5 bucks.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
What about the off shore pressure washers or generators that Richies sells that you can't get simple stuff like air filters for
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YHMARK View Post
What about the off shore pressure washers or generators that Richies sells that you can't get simple stuff like air filters for
Oh ya, been there done that. Bought an EasyKleen 4000 hot water pressure washer a couple years ago at a sale for $1800. Thought it was the best deal in the world until about the third time i used it. Burner wouldn't engage, fan quit, thermostat needed to be replaced, dead battery, flat tire, and more, and more.....We got some parts and fixed on it a few times but the problems just never ended.
Its gone now with a new Aaladin washer on order for next week.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 02:33 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I was at the last consignment sale and ya there were some deals on some of the larger equipment but the internet guys drove the price of the junk up like crazy. Everyone in the crowd would stand around with a puzzled look on there faces as 2 internet bidders bid each other up on the rustiest piece of crap at the auction. I am a believer that when you go to an auction and are bidding as is where is you shouldn't be paying a premium over a dealer with warranty and support, the price should reflect the fact that you are inheriting someone else's problem. At least as far as these consignment sales go anyway, buying from a farm dispersal sale of a good operator is a little different.

Nothing runs like a DEERE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, away from my AGCO.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:33 AM
jvw

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
I regret everything I buy at RB. Not because of quality, or price, but because it is just too easy to bid online on something 500 or 1000 or more km away. Then I have to go drag the item home. The bargains never happen next door, but always in the next province.
meritmat, SWMan and 8700 like this.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
[QUOThE=jvw;2847609]I regret everything I buy at RB. Not because of quality, or price, but because it is just too easy to bid online on something 500 or 1000 or more km away. Then I have to go drag the item home. The bargains never happen next door, but always in the next province.[/QUOTE]

You must be talking about the bargains in BC

Couple of my favorite quotes.

" Bigger isn't better. Better is better"
" Working towards a sustainable future in agriculture "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page