The Combine Forum banner

Fresh Cab

11K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Combine Pilot 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why Fresh Cab isn't available in Canada anymore? I was in a local dealership today and they sold me a similar product and told me that Fresh Cab wasn't considered environmentally friendly. As far as I know its just some flowery herbs and spices.
Anyone know the real reason it's not available?

#2 ·
I don't know what's going on, can't find it anywhere here either, have heard it is on back order and I have heard they quit making it!

I just heard this today and called my supplier, he said back order after I had a guy show up looking for some because another place told him they are no longer making it!

I use that stuff like candy cause it works so I am nervous!

#11 ·
Peppermint Oil: Here's a good laugh. I did a good experiment with peppermint to prove a point - I baited several of my rat traps with actual peppermint oil as the bait! And yup, guess what - I CAUGHT SEVERAL RATS WITH PEPPERMINT - just as many as I did with peanut butter as bait - seems they actually LIKE to eat peppermint. I've seen this rodent peppermint repellent myth listed several times on other websites, and I've seen many customers try (and of course fail with) good old peppermint to get rid of rats. Uh, yeah - there's just something magical about peppermint that rats don't like.

A post I found this morning, from somebody with a vested interest

#14 ·
I have an electric rat zapper. Kills mice and rats instantly. Uses 4 aa batteries. I put it in my grain truck and this fall every morning I had a dead mouse in it for 7 days. I baited the trap with a couple morsels of hard cat food. Once it zapped one mouse I didn't need the catfood as mice follow other mice scent trail. I love this trap because you never have to touch that mouse. Just dump it out turn it off and then back on again to charge the capacitor which shocks them to death for the next mouse. awesome invention as far as I am concerned and worth the $70 if I remember correctly. Keep one in the camper all winter by the door. Once a week or 2 I check it.

#19 · (Edited)
I love the smell of fresh cab, i wish it was stronger in smell, but you only get like three months, i tried dampening with water to get more life, lol.
I left some new ones still in the bag in the shop over winter (froze) and the following year they were a lot weaker.
When i am in wall mart i grab handfuls of the tree type, royal pine flavor and throw 3 of them in all the cabs, a lot cheaper and i have no mice in my cabs, but, i cleaned up my yard and shop big time, and have a lot of those bait station from princess auto, one way door type of deal, and i put some canola in an old lid inside, and boy they climb in there baby. (mice love the smell of canola)
Your equipment has to be spotless, no food for mice, that seems to be what is working for me. Absolutely nothing laying on the ground to hide under or behind, outside or inside, skunks and weasels can crawl every where under buildings and the such seems to controlling them as well. i have no grain spillage beside the bins, i crawl on my knees and rake it onto a shovel with my fingers so the buggers cant eat.
i leave the yard lights on, and the shop has one right on top of the main door, owls sit on it at night and wait for them, lol, and keep the grass short everywhere. If you cant mowing it, spray it with round up, no tall grass any where, also i have no ticks on the yard. i am at war with them as you can see, every decision when doing yard work is "what about the mice, Julio, what about the mice". (stripped gopher that comes back every year and hangs out with me). Ha Ha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.