Do you like your 2015 and newer Ford f series - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Bought a 2018 F150 Lariat last fall after driving an 09 F150 Lariat for 300k. Never an issue with the old one. The new truck is not near as nice for the ride, climate control, road noise and general comfort in the seats. I kept the 09 and just drive it for farm use and carry tools and operators around. The new one is a beautiful truck if I don't compare it to the old one. Reliability peace of mind is why I keep the new one. With so many options on trucks to buy, I'm not sure if comparing apples to apples like real axle ratios, suspension etc. I was a GM guy all my life until GM wouldn't lease in 09 so I jumped ship and never looked back. Great trucks!

460 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 View Post
If it's got a 6.2 GM you might be disappointed
Actually my wife got a Yukon this summer, has a 6.2. Switched from Ford there also, her last couple out of a handful of expiditions was a nightmare.

That 6.2 is the most fun stock vehicle I have owned ! And better on fuel than the ecoboosts.

My new one has the nicest interior in any new halfton, lots of legroom front and back, but no 6.2.

460 and jdhrasko like this.

Brent.
post #13 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 View Post
Truck is nice. I like driving the truck. Lots I like about it.

The transmission and four wheel drive clunk quite a bit seems to be getting worse. I can not get it to do it consistently so hard to pinpoint why it's doing it. Curious if others notice. The auto 4wd never seems to disengage. Rain sensing wipers seem erratic. The key fobs lock unlock seem erratic as well.

I change my own oil. The belly pan underneath is a pain. I left the back half off this time. Since I broke the first $5 plastic oil plug I quite like it now for changing oil.
Now that you mention the clunk thing he has it at the dealer for something similar, I could never hear what he was talking about as it all seemed quiet to me but most of the time I drive my 95 7.3 which bangs, shakes, rattles, clunks, vibrates, shimmies and just makes a lot of noise.

Things I do not care for on it (or new vehicles in general) are rain sensing wipers, key fobs, auto head lamps both on/off and dimming, self locking, seat belt chimes, stupid electric tailgate.

Adaptive cruise control is pretty nice and parallel park function is interesting but could never get it to work on the Explorer we had. Back up camera is pretty good but doesn't really alarm to quickly if your're gotting to hit something.

Ford certainly seems more refined and advanced comparing his 2015 F150 to the 2015 Dodge Journey we have now but isn't really an apples to apples comparison either.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Seat belt chimes can be turned off, as well as auto locks on almost all vehicles.
Rain sensing works ok when it is raining lots, light rain they seem to go to much.

Brent.
post #15 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
I hate the eco. Oil changes are a nightmare and 1100 dollar bill for spark plugs because of misfire at 110000km is stupid. Only good point of eco is fuel mileage.
post #16 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfarmer View Post
I hate the eco. Oil changes are a nightmare and 1100 dollar bill for spark plugs because of misfire at 110000km is stupid. Only good point of eco is fuel mileage.
Had a 2016 expidition ecoboost, drove it for around 100,000 km, average was always 15liter/100km. Now have about 15,000 km on a GMC Yukon with 6.2L, the average is 12liter/100km. Thatís both hiway, city etc average.

Brent.
post #17 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:59 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
In the last 23 months Iíve put 62,000 on a 17 and just hit 70,000 on an 18 with my F-150 Limited glorified grocery haulers. Although they do pull MacDon headers occassionly.
Both had the left license plate light fail, gravel rash, the 18 added an electronic module for passenger seat massage control.
Thatís it, all the warranty and trouble.
Not sure the 19 will show by Christmas, itís serialed, be interesting how the 450 hp/510 torque Raptor engined Limited performs.
Guess that says I buy another, doesnít help when daughter works at a dealer.

First world issues but here is what Iíd program different:
ALL normal night lights on all the time when driving
Setting for driving mode be remembered on power cycle
Eliminate cruise on/off switch
Be able to program your own tire pressure alarms
Rear door handles also be touch sensitive unlock
And...permanent elimination of that incredibly fucking annoying auto engine shutoff at stop lights!

My favorite feature is adaptive cruise down to zero.
jcalder likes this.
post #18 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
And...permanent elimination of that incredibly fucking annoying auto engine shutoff at stop lights!
That would drive me insane. How long do you have to be stopped for it to shut down and is there any lag when going from shut down to on throttle?

I have a hard time believing that it is good for an engine to turn on/off constantly instead of idling.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #19 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
In the last 23 months Iíve put 62,000 on a 17 and just hit 70,000 on an 18 with my F-150 Limited glorified grocery haulers. Although they do pull MacDon headers occassionly.
Both had the left license plate light fail, gravel rash, the 18 added an electronic module for passenger seat massage control.
Thatís it, all the warranty and trouble.
Not sure the 19 will show by Christmas, itís serialed, be interesting how the 450 hp/510 torque Raptor engined Limited performs.
Guess that says I buy another, doesnít help when daughter works at a dealer.

First world issues but here is what Iíd program different:
ALL normal night lights on all the time when driving
Setting for driving mode be remembered on power cycle
Eliminate cruise on/off switch
Be able to program your own tire pressure alarms
Rear door handles also be touch sensitive unlock

My favorite feature is adaptive cruise down to zero.
I thought you could turn it off permanently in settings, temporarily on the dash. I like it. The other thing I like is the cab fan slows speed when your on the phone.

Why not the litres used? Redundant DTE.

My header hauling story is good.
post #20 of 170 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:43 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
That would drive me insane. How long do you have to be stopped for it to shut down and is there any lag when going from shut down to on throttle?

I have a hard time believing that it is good for an engine to turn on/off constantly instead of idling.
Lol, my girlfriend Laura often says that, I point out driving her insane isn’t much much of a drive.

It will shutoff within a couple of seconds of a stop.

You nailed it, if you are turning left in the city and facing a steady stream of oncoming traffic with narrow breaks that one second delay in takeoff feels considerably longer than when sitting at the programming desk at Ford!

Done exclusively to lower fuel consumption numbers on the short cycle government economy testing the overall advantage to us country folk is irrelevant!

Is there a chance of increased failure of involved components that are used for this crap?
Don’t know but can’t see it adding to their life.

It can be shutoff and sport mode shuts it off but either have to be done every power cycle.
Some vehicles can’t be shut off at all.

Last edited by Don Boles; 12-02-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page