The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   General Farming Board (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/27-general-farming-board/)
-   -   What’s your new model swag? (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/27-general-farming-board/330415-what-s-your-new-model-swag.html)

Don Boles 12-16-2018 06:05 PM

What’s your new model swag?
 
With just 54 weeks to the next decade let’s have a poll!
Which combine (header in Oz) manufacturer do you think is most likely to have a significantly new model out by Jan 1st, 2020?
Multiple votes are allowed.
Listed alphabetically.

Interestingly, if nothing happens in the next 54 weeks Agco votes win, hence the inclusion of Agco. Since we’re not sure what they will call their new machine but it is looking like Fendt. I guess Gleaner would also fly under Agco.
Also, could get into a “what does significant mean” discussion.
No question Agco makes that cut.

Jason Hildebrand 12-16-2018 08:54 PM

My guess is that Claas will introduce a new machine fall of 2019 and deere will be either fall of 2019 or 2020

SouthernSK 12-16-2018 09:27 PM

The new Fendt definitely will put pressure the other manufactures. With the current price of new machines you wander how big the market will be for new combines going forward.

kevlar 12-16-2018 10:29 PM

How come there is no Versatile in your poll????!!!!!

Don Boles 12-16-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevlar (Post 3301279)
How come there is no Versatile in your poll????!!!!!

Sorry, oversight.
Fixed.
Doesn’t alphabetically upset the poll, lol.

kevlar 12-16-2018 10:54 PM

I don't think it will upset the poll in any way!! lol


I don't see a lot of changes in the next year, maybe some tweaks here or there, but nothing too major. I voted for Agco with the Fendt?? as it seems to be the only thing with any real light being shed on it. Will it take off? I have my doubts. Not because of the machine itself, but the marketing of it.

ZEEMAN 12-16-2018 11:23 PM

By 2020 combines will be 700k, who will be able to afford one?
Tractor - $500,000
Drill - $550,000
Sprayer - $600,000
Combine - $700,000

Farming - Priceless

bjtjjl 12-16-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN (Post 3301301)
By 2020 combines will be 700k, who will be able to afford one?
Tractor - $500,000
Drill - $550,000
Sprayer - $600,000
Combine - $700,000

Farming - Priceless

Sorry to tell you, but pretty sure you can spend $700,000 on a combine now !!


Maybe DOT should be on the list. Suppose to be in the field seeding this spring, should be a combine soon !

Don Boles 12-16-2018 11:54 PM

820 for a Fendt T9 now. Cash.

ZEEMAN 12-16-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtjjl (Post 3301307)
Sorry to tell you, but pretty sure you can spend $700,000 on a combine now !!


Maybe DOT should be on the list. Suppose to be in the field seeding this spring, should be a combine soon !

Lol, yes you are likely correct!!
Come to think of it, JD track is in that $750k range, Case not far behind I’m sure.

MNfarmer85 12-17-2018 12:01 AM

Both Deere and CIH came out with new models recently, probability for something new is a bit less, rather pointless to put out new machines for only 1-2 years if they were close with a prototype?


AGCO more of a certain deal, as the Ideal is already in progress and known about.


Claas somewhat up in the air, been a bit since a new model # but who knows...


NH big things seem to come around 1 year before CIH does a big release, unless it only involves the threshing system.


Just my busted crystal ball predictions.

ZEEMAN 12-17-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Boles (Post 3301309)
820 for a Fendt T9 now. Cash.

$800k if you take 3 or more.

Don Boles 12-29-2018 01:01 PM

So far the average voter voted 1.23 brands, thought that may have been higher.
Already have Agco, which is definitely a significant change and CIH X150 and X250 which might be argued significant change units announced.

Anyone have any other leads/rumours on any brands in the poll?

rod 12-29-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Boles (Post 3303781)
So far the average voter voted 1.23 brands, thought that may have been higher.
Already have Agco, which is definitely a significant change and CIH X150 and X250 which might be argued significant change units announced.

Anyone have any other leads/rumours on any brands in the poll?

Rumour mill & unreliable grape vine says Case to have #10 twin rotor in 2020/21.

I guess someone will spot something in the field at some time in the future & post the pics here! :laugh:

Don Boles 12-29-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rod (Post 3303859)
Rumour mill & unreliable grape vine

That the same as the unreliable coffee shop?
Or the slightly less unreliable bar?

Don Boles 01-10-2019 04:43 PM

Opened voting again, will go to end Feb.

Which one has the greatest potential with current platform?

Which one needs the most work?

Don Boles 02-24-2019 09:56 AM

4 more days to vote!

Don Boles 02-24-2019 12:19 PM

No rumours floating around?
Not rumour but fact, Claas Omaha plant is closed to tours until end of July. Hmm..
Someone must know something about the others!

bjtjjl 02-24-2019 01:44 PM

What I know is with grain prices, our CAD and equipment prices, not a lot of people really care about new iron right now!
Can’t see Deere coming out with anything majorly different anytime soon.

Don Boles 02-24-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtjjl (Post 3317329)
What I know is with grain prices, our CAD and equipment prices, not a lot of people really care about new iron right now!

Good R and D does not care about grain markets or equipment prices, competition dictates research must march on knowing they are in a cyclical industry that varies around the world.
It’s becoming pretty obvious Claas is lining something up, you think Deere wants to be caught flat footed because bjtjjl can’t get the prices he wants?

Tob79 02-26-2019 03:24 PM

I think Claas came out with something new. This year is the AGRITECHNICA in Hannover, so it's good to show something new. Maybe we know more when the harvest starts in Europe.

Don Boles 03-04-2019 08:11 AM

At 1.25 (ish) votes per voter looks like New Holland and Versatile gained the most on the last vote run.
While not getting into a what is “significant” discussion, Agco and CIH already have new models, seems Claas is close but no one has offered even any rumours for Deere, New Holland or Versatile.
If Claas does color change does that make it tied with Agco for most significant?
Or not because that will be only in North America?
Pretty sure none of the rest will change color!

bjtjjl 03-04-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Boles (Post 3317367)
Good R and D does not care about grain markets or equipment prices, competition dictates research must march on knowing they are in a cyclical industry that varies around the world.
It’s becoming pretty obvious Claas is lining something up, you think Deere wants to be caught flat footed because bjtjjl can’t get the prices he wants?

Not just me Don, when Deere dealers wont sell you a new combine because they want to sell inventory they already own, I think it’s more than a few farmers they are worried about. I like new **** as much as anyone, but I think the r and d will slow down for a bit.

Don Boles 05-18-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtjjl (Post 3319175)
Not just me Don, when Deere dealers wont sell you a new combine because they want to sell inventory they already own, I think it’s more than a few farmers they are worried about.

Was at local dealer the other day, asked if they’d be demoing a new combine at Matts (the people I harvest with) this fall.
Oh you bet, we’ll be out there with an S790!
Oh, not looking at something new, a new model?
Don’t think we’ll see anything this year.

Probably correct, usually on this site rumours lead actual events by a few months and it’s crickets so far.
Just thought I’d revive this thread to check the rumour mill!

Jason Hildebrand 05-18-2019 12:31 PM

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...sales-outlook/

I don't think were gonna see Deeres new combine for a while yet, I do think they have it built just waiting for the right market conditions to release a million dollar combine.

Don Boles 05-18-2019 01:05 PM

If that is the case 35.96% of the poll guesses will be wrong.
However, 30.34% will be correct.

SWMan 05-18-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Boles (Post 3334225)
If that is the case 35.96% of the poll guesses will be wrong.

I think that poll means that 35.96% of the people on this forum(who probably run JD combines) wish there was a new model.:wink:

Don Boles 05-18-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 3334239)
I think that poll means that 35.96% of the people on this forum(who probably run JD combines) wish there was a new model.:wink:

Quite likely.

Not sure there is a exact proper time to introduce a new model, say Claas introduces a new model this fall, starts building new model reputation.
Claas already has the fundamental reputation of the highest feed rates at the lowest losses in the industry, a good base to new model from.

Going to be interesting how well all of my (and others here) bitching moved Claas to action on the various complaints!

Don Boles 06-15-2019 08:55 PM

Now that we know Class will unveil with their “CLAAS is revolutionising the combine harvester“ plan August 1st at least 30.34% of us are correct!

SWMan 06-15-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Boles (Post 3339729)
Now that we know Class will unveil with their “CLAAS is revolutionising the combine harvester“ plan August 1st at least 30.34% of us are correct!

Actually not quite correct. Only 27 people who voted for Claas are correct and Jason appears to have nailed the date in post #2! He can text me the winning lottery numbers later.:wink:

As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim. Better be something good like a decent sized unload auger or steps in the grain tank on this model, that would be revolutionary.....ha ha ha ha ha

joesixpack 06-15-2019 11:15 PM

Shouldn't "new model" had some more definition than significant? Because the JD guy's consider a decal change significant......:troll-face-meme-smi

Speaking of that where did that green beast that was lurking around the NE get to? Seen some spy shot's and that's about it.

Don Boles 06-15-2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 3339745)
As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim.

That would be a wild claim from for any manufacturer let alone one that normally makes major changes without a word that would be two model changes for some.

Signed up for the Claas UK newsletter, they are always way ahead of Claas of America.

Don Boles 06-16-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 3339745)
As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim. Better be something good like a decent sized unload auger or steps in the grain tank on this model, that would be revolutionary.....ha ha ha ha ha

Since this is a worldwide introduction I guess a color change for North America (truckers hauling yellow ones are seeing green ones at the plant) wouldn’t cut it as revolutionary.
Perhaps Claas has jumped on the turbo charged marketing bandwagon?!
Once maybe.
It will be interesting to see how much attention Claas has been paying.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.