LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
119.2 to 1
400 barrel would be 47,680.
Think Super B fuel tankers haul 40 cubes?

Bladders sound interesting, if no air wouldnít storage quality be easier to hold?
Wonder if the no containment on a bladder still stands for code?
After the last price war I stored diesel in the bladder for 2 years and it came out just perfect. If the bladder was inside a containment wall would it meet requirements? Cement wall 3-4" high with a steel roof would be awesome. Continental Rubber in Edmonton used to sell them. "What size do you want?" I would sell my 5,000 Imp gallon if anyone interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Looked up Petro Can website for Rack Price. As of today ULSD was 73.6 ( Edmonton ) 74 ( Regina ) and 76.1 ( Winnipeg ) . Local price for summer diesel .78 last week. Have to wait for a warm spell before they can deliver.

I think lots of people would be interested in increasing their storage but regulations are making it cost prohibitive. Not sure that a 400 bbl tank could get approived here without a bunch of mods and containment. Sounds like fuel companies can't unload into unapproved storage tanks or face penalties at least in Manitoba. Not sure what regs are in Sask or Alberta.

post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:30 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4688 Post(s)
In a slightly related item, why is diesel higher priced than gas at retail outlets?
Sometimes 20% higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
In a slightly related item, why is diesel higher priced than gas at retail outlets?
Sometimes 20% higher.
Even thou diesel is cheaper to refine than gas I think it boils down to demand. Diesel consumption has gone up but refining capacity has not increased at the same rate as consumption. Its the BECAUSE THEY CAN THEORY!!!

The anomoly I saw was in Vancouver. Was there over the holidays. Gas 1.30 to 1.40 range where as diesel was 1.20 range.
My brother told me that he finally saw pump price of diesel lower than gas at some USA locations last winter.

He also told me the company he used to work for that had a construction and trucking division quit order dyed diesel because they were getting clear cheaper at the cardlock with their volume.
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4688 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmich View Post
Its the BECAUSE THEY CAN THEORY!!!
Ah, also the fertilizer industry creed!
Northern Farmer likes this.
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2906 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
So do some mad max fuel tanker runs if itís only 10 miles! How hard can it be!
Actually a little pipeline would work perfect!

Quote:
Looked up Petro Can website for Rack Price. As of today ULSD was 73.6 ( Edmonton ) 74 ( Regina ) and 76.1 ( Winnipeg ) . Local price for summer diesel .78 last week. Have to wait for a warm spell before they can deliver.

I think lots of people would be interested in increasing their storage but regulations are making it cost prohibitive. Not sure that a 400 bbl tank could get approived here without a bunch of mods and containment. Sounds like fuel companies can't unload into unapproved storage tanks or face penalties at least in Manitoba. Not sure what regs are in Sask or Alberta.
Do you have the link for the rack price?

Yeah in MB it's ridiculous thanks to NDP. For a bit I was having to get inspection every year, thankfully the PC's have backed off but not near enough. I think we should push them to align with SK and AB on a bunch of stuff, used dryers would be another similar thing. In MB if you want to take a tanker load of fuel you need a cement pad, containment, barrier curbs, etc. Also need approved double wall storage, not cheap. In MB we are at a dis-advantage in nearly every way to our Western neighbors, side-effect of left-wing governments over the years.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Just think of all the benefits Swman of your former left wing government of being so environmentally friendly. After all as our Prime Minister says the environment and economy go hand in hand. I just about puke everytime I hear him say that.
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Quote:

We donít need double containment. Even then it is probably still cheaper to build secon containment as transaxial mentioned than to drop 80k on a 50k l double contain tank. Look at almost any bulk dealer, all vertical tanks with a concrete wall around them.

Any inquiries-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 2906 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
Just think of all the benefits Swman of your former left wing government of being so environmentally friendly. After all as our Prime Minister says the environment and economy go hand in hand. I just about puke everytime I hear him say that.
Even the Progressive Conservatives in MB aren't very "conservative". I just spent half the morning sending emails to government MLA's on their proposed drainage policy that allows drainage if you pay $12,000/acre and they give it to Duck's Unlimited!!! Talk about sickening, giving money to those idiots to be able to use our own land!

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Even the Progressive Conservatives in MB aren't very "conservative". I just spent half the morning sending emails to government MLA's on their proposed drainage policy that allows drainage if you pay $12,000/acre and they give it to Duck's Unlimited!!! Talk about sickening, giving money to those idiots to be able to use our own land!

What's this about? I haven't heard anything about this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page