Diesel Fuel Pricing - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2908 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
What's this about? I haven't heard anything about this.
https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/consultatio...nsultation.pdf

Read it, spread it and send some feedback. You have one week.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Hmmm, I must be ahead of things, I thought this was already in effect. Didn't know about Ducks part though, pretty costly to drain larger sloughs. We only do minor surface work, so guess that's why I didn't know about this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Links for rack fuel price. Could not find any rack price info for FCL and dealer said they don't post it.

https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/rack-...k-pricing.aspx

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/business-...k-pricing.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Hmmm, I must be ahead of things, I thought this was already in effect. Didn't know about Ducks part though, pretty costly to drain larger sloughs. We only do minor surface work, so guess that's why I didn't know about this.
Terminology is "approved organization", but DU will surely be on the list. You would be surprised how minor work can be deemed major when the gov't gets involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmich View Post
Could not find any rack price info for FCL and dealer said they don't post it.
Any sort of transparency doesn't fit with the communist CO-OP agenda...

Thanks for the links!

Orlando A. Battista
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Even the Progressive Conservatives in MB aren't very "conservative". I just spent half the morning sending emails to government MLA's on their proposed drainage policy that allows drainage if you pay $12,000/acre and they give it to Duck's Unlimited!!! Talk about sickening, giving money to those idiots to be able to use our own land!
Changes to 3 diff pieces of legislation have been in the works for quite some time. Approx 18 months ago their was a public consultation into what changes /amendments should be made. This covered drainage regs, Conservation Districts and watersheds and an ALUS program if I remember correctly. Now this is the public consultation on the final document.

The proposed chges in so far as wetlands drainage are not new. Thru the licensing process getting a license to drain a permanent wetland would be difficult. Federally thru Dept of Oceans and Fisheries they had this type of system years back. If a person was to do work on a wetland, river, creek etc that negitavely impacted it then the person would have to do some form of mitigative work to offset the damage either onsite or on another location. RM had to deal with this numerous times. Whats new is that now a $ value can be put on it and basically handed of to another agency. I'm assuming DU,CD etc.

Govt's at all levels are getting pressure from all sides to manage / regulate drainage and land use. Their is a lot more emphasis being placed on wetland preservation, water retention and reducing water flows. The damage caused to private property ( land,farm buildings,crops, homes, fancy cottages built in flood zones at lake level etc) and public infastructure ( roads, culverts, bridges etc) by flooding is huge. Private insurance doesn't cover most of this and Govt's at all levels are broke and cannot afford to keep paying millions out in emergency programs and Disaster Assistance Funding. This is not only a problem in Manitoba but the rest of Canada and worldwide. Govt's are now stuck dealing with the problem created by years of poor land use planning, bad property development esp along lakes / rivers and insufficient water / drainage infastructure that has not kept up to current needs. Prov and municipal drainage infastructure that was built 1940 -60 was not designed to handle todays flows and unfortunately has not been upgraded or maintained to deal with todays agricultural and urban needs.

A lot of the other proposed chges I think will streamline the permit process to do Minor drainage and culvert/crossing works for farmers and RM.

Unfortunately the reality is that their will be more regulation and cost.
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmich View Post
Links for rack fuel price. Could not find any rack price info for FCL and dealer said they don't post it.

https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/rack-...k-pricing.aspx

https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/business-...k-pricing.html
Shell doesn't do bulk delivery in Saskatchewan any longer.
FCL used to be the source of the fuel when they did.
Shell rack price may give some indication of where Co op is at.
I fully agree Co op is definitely not a price leader, they never were.
And as far as their oil pricing goes, well they have priced themselves right out of the market.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 590 Post(s)
So the rack price for diesel is 10 cents cheaper in Toronto than Regina for diesel. I guess you have to be elected for this to make sense. Should be the other way around
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Fuel here jumped 10 cents from last week to this week. Hope it will drop before spring, but not holding my breath.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:11 PM

Was at a farm show in the states yesterday and spoke with a fuel dealer. Price they gave me having never done business or even met me before was over 10 cents per liter less than I would be paying in Canada, and this is off my most recent Canadian fuel price which may just be low if farmercook is right. #2 summer diesel. The real kicker is that the fuel is refined in Canada and shipped via tanker to North Dakota! Now looking at whether they will drop-ship directly to me but I bet there is something in the rules that prevents this and protects the Canadian petroleum system...

Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page