Topcon vs Trimble - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW-Vic View Post
Yes I use it on a Hardi Navigator and it works a treat. Took a bit to check the timing of the shut off but once it was sorted, it works well and trouble free. I am also running it on CORS.
Will be running a spreader through it as well using the shutoff as well.
Good to hear you have had success with it. What is CORS?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waringa View Post
These were this prices I was quoted at the field days for an x35. I'm pleased you started this thread because I am wanting to change into topcon or Trimble.
That's interesting, I've never been able to get prices from them at any field days, they always say that you have to go to a dealer. I've tried for two years to get a quote from my closest dealer, and so now have gone to one slightly further away and got the quotes straightaway.

I wasn't aware of those specials, but I hadn't considered a X35 as I thought the monitor was too big, tractor cabins get cluttered enough anyway.

A lot of people seem to go for Trimble "because it's cheaper". In my case it hasn't been, but it's not really a completely accurate comparison due to reusing my existing electric steering wheel. I'm pretty surprised that this thread hasn't produced more debate.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
There isn't alot of Topcon products around this area, it's mainly Trimble or John Deere. My only concern is with dealer service which is why I am getting out of my current guidance. My Topcon dealer is about 40kms away which is good. Just would like to know what Topcon is like with backup service? Otherwise they look like a good product at a reasonable price .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS2 View Post
What is CORS?
CORS is the correction signal that I subscribe too from a network of base stations around the state.
I don't have a private base station as such and can drive anywhere and as long as there is a reasonable phone signal I have a correction for RTK. Been on it over 10 years now and overall find it really good.

From what I understand there are similar systems in most states.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waringa View Post
There isn't alot of Topcon products around this area, it's mainly Trimble or John Deere. My only concern is with dealer service which is why I am getting out of my current guidance. My Topcon dealer is about 40kms away which is good. Just would like to know what Topcon is like with backup service? Otherwise they look like a good product at a reasonable price .
Obviously, as with machinery, a lot depends how good your local dealer is.

We have two of the X20 series two's. We've had to have screen and internal battery replacement done. Can't remember what it cost.

One X20 used for spraying on a front wheel steer tractor has performed quite well. The reciever is starting to play up and nobody can tell me much about it.

The other X20 used for seeding on an articulated tractor and is pretty lazy and not particularly impressive. I've looked for suggestions for improvement and not really got anywhere.

Topcon X20 slow locking onto line https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...d.php?t=265553

X20 series one's are no longer supported.

X20 series two's are still being repaired as far as I know, "until the parts supply runs out" which I was told about 18 months ago would be in about 18 months.

More than that, I can't tell you.

Last edited by CTS2; 03-27-2019 at 06:34 AM.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW-Vic View Post

CORS is the correction signal that I subscribe too from a network of base stations around the state.
I don't have a private base station as such and can drive anywhere and as long as there is a reasonable phone signal I have a correction for RTK. Been on it over 10 years now and overall find it really good.

From what I understand there are similar systems in most states.
Righto, I had heard of a mobile phone signal based correction, but didn't know what it was called.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
CORRs seems to be an option with most of the main players now, First unit was a Leica and now an Topcon X30 and just purchased a New Holland and have it set up with their inbuilt system. Seems the only addition needed is a modem and some software.
I started for the signal with Vicpos and am now with Smart net. Can run as many machines as I like off the one account. I find it works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page