Farmer Sues Monsanto - Glyphosate - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpie View Post
It was me , having trouble pay for the seed thought this is going to be easy money ��
Keep you posted.
Will 2 bill cover your seed costs Grumpie? Might need to go for a bit more!

Opportunity doesn't knock! It presents it'self when you beat down the door!

Last edited by lynas; 05-16-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
The science is very clear, it is not.

Science declares the facts, juries declare the payout!

post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSK View Post
With the payouts that have been awarded I think Bayer will be wishing they never bought Monsanto. Does anyone know the farmers name that suing Monsanto? Does anyone know if the Non Hodgkins lymphoma rate is higher in farmers than the regular population?

I knew a near neighbour and friend that has passed from Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. He was diagnosed before Roundup was invented
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
The article I saw this morning said the guys name is Gary Gadd, 62 from Moose Jaw

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
If long term health is your primary concern then farming shouldn't be your choice in career.

If all this guy(or any of the claimants) did in their life was spray roundup in a sterile environment then there might be a case, but guaranteed he sprayed a plethora of other chemicals, ate processed food, didn't get 8 hours sleep regular, had stress in his life, etc, etc.

This farmer should be shunned...
This is exactly it.... how can they prove the cause.... as a society we hardly understand cancer to begin with.... to say, without a reasonable doubt, it came from this guys spraying roundup is absurd...

If I get throat cancer I'm suing McDonalds cuz it came from drinking hot double doubles.....

A-Rough-Guide-to-IARC-Carcinogen-Classifications_1558101415559.png

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 712alberta View Post
The article I saw this morning said the guys name is Gary Gadd, 62 from Moose Jaw
If this is the guy every ag retailer within a 1000mile radius should ban him from buying any crop inputs, you know in the interest of his health.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
If it's the same Gadd family I'm thinking of, don't you have to actually do some actual work to get exposed to this? There's a field west of Moose Jaw right on the highway, hasn't had a crop successfully harvested in about 15 years. Last years crop (which was the first seeding in close to 10 years) is still standing. Last time they harvested something, a bunch of the grain got left in piles on the north edge of the field, still there, black as death....
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroncrest View Post
If it's the same Gadd family I'm thinking of, don't you have to actually do some actual work to get exposed to this? There's a field west of Moose Jaw right on the highway, hasn't had a crop successfully harvested in about 15 years. Last years crop (which was the first seeding in close to 10 years) is still standing. Last time they harvested something, a bunch of the grain got left in piles on the north edge of the field, still there, black as death....
Pretty sure this is a different guy/family.

Brent.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Fair enough. Was actually thinking about this more as I was milking tonight. Don't want to come across as a complete dick: very sorry to hear of his poor health, absolutely guessing on the possible relation, wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
I am surprised from the reaction of farmers on this subject. I though we should maybe join this class action in hopes of helping the farm make a profit this year. The amount of money being awarded is insane. It is just like winning the lottery. It seems like the jurys do not care about government safety studies but represent the general publics skepticism and hate for Monsanto. There are so many things we are exposed to that can cause cancer. I am surprised the court can pin it all to the roundup use for these individuals. I wonder if this farmer will have to have documention that he used the Monsanto version of roundup and not the many other clones. For me I might be out of luck because of all the Chinese glycosate I have been using for years. If only I had bought the high price stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page