Crop progress 2019? - Page 11 - The Combine Forum
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
First day of summer... think we're done with the frost scares for this spring?

https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2019/0...edium=facebook

kevlar likes this.

Last edited by whtbaron; 06-21-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Yup, longest day of the year, and I had to wear a jacket when I drove our old open air tractor to our other farm an hour away to work on a spot for our camper. On the bright side, made it there before it rained! It seriously has to warm up if these crops are going to make it.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #103 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Yup, longest day of the year, and I had to wear a jacket when I drove our old open air tractor to our other farm an hour away to work on a spot for our camper. On the bright side, made it there before it rained! It seriously has to warm up if these crops are going to make it.
For sure! Almost July and I still have sweet shirts and jackets in use... haven't turned the a/c on in the house n corn is 4ft shorter then last year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:04 AM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Seems that you can always hope for better, but there should be no complaints on conditions from Central Alberta. However, an August frost is the thing that I would dread the most any year. We are current sitting 2 very good growing degree days behind the avg of last 7 years so really hoping my hot, dry forecast comes back for July/Aug. The experts say that a full moon is not correlated to frost, but pattern of storms around here this yr so far could make that one August 15 interesting.
whtbaron likes this.
post #105 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1484 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 361turbo View Post
corn is 4ft shorter then last year...
Saw a pic last week from Indiana I believe, 6' something guy in the field last year and corn was over his head, pic this year corn is not quite knee high.

Sick of the cold too, should be sweating balls this time of year not bundling up! We've got a long way to go to put this crop in the bin at this rate.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #106 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
[QUOTE=361turbo;3341071 haven't turned the a/c on in the house [/QUOTE]

Turn on the A/C!!!! Christ, I keep turning the heat back on, I don't know how many times I have turned it off saying no matter how cold it gets, I'm not turning back on, only to turn it back on!

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page