LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:04 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4545 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Thread kinda drifted from parts pricing...ha ha
On that, in the scheme of things that strikes me as reasonable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Have to win once in a while on parts.

Asked the local NH dealer about a demo of their disk drill knowing you like yours and the response I got was a blank look and you could see the squirrel in the cage was asking himself “we have a disk drill”?????
Farm world out of humboldt is demoing the disc drill this spring.

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
What size are your disks worn down to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
How is that drill for hair pinning in the wheat stubble?
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I would like to know how fast do you seed at. What’s your engine load. And your tractor slip.
I have 60’ with the 765 case tank we seed at 6.8 mph 2-3% slip and the engine load is at when full 88-95% when about half 72%
I would say this tank is kick a$$. Had to tern down the fan was burning the hoes out My old tank atx 3430 had to run the fan at 6000 this one 5100. A lot more air volume!
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
After three years the first set of discs were down to 18.5-18.75" from 20" I believe. They were still working okay and I could have moved the scrapers up to the higher notch, but changing discs was easier. I felt like the scraper was getting unnecessary wear and they are more expensive than discs. Now after two years in drier conditions I probably will do them again because the bearings are being done and it takes a few seconds when out. They aren't as worn as last time. I have some Ingersoll, CNH, and Bourgault discs on here to compare wear, so that will be interesting to see.

As far as hairpinning I really have no reference point so can't give a comparison to other brands. I do know I can not apply the type of down pressure with a 7.5" as the 10" guys can. So a 10" unit would definitely be better.

For power use I am running in worked ground today and tractor is at 50% at 1500RPM going 6mph. I always go 6mph although I could go faster. I do know doing peas quite a bit deeper and running with a full tank of peas and phosphate I had to drop a gear on the steep hills. I suspect it would be around 75% on the flat ground but I never really paid attention. Slip showing around 2% right now but I can't say that is perfectly calibrated, slippage is not high.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
I’m getting wore down to that 17 inch ,where the book says to move the scraper up. Ya the scrapers do wear more when the disks get close to that size. I moved a dozen scrapers up that where the disks were wearing faster. That carbide wears a grove in the disk and the scraper is wore just above the carbide looks like it needs a couple hundred acres to burn the scraper in the blade to work good
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Since it's raining here (again) in central Ontario I did a search for that bearing. The number looks like 803775?? The base number shows up as a wheel bearing on some european cars but can't say for sure how the seals match. I doubt an automotive supplier would get them much cheaper than $39 but who knows.
Pricing gets really interesting if you google 'alibaba f803775'. If you take 100-999 sets then you pay a whopping $3 each. The catch is that shipping is based on a container load of product but it gives you an idea on mark up between china manufacturer and what we pay.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
I was going to say that bearing looked an awful lot like an aftermarket wheel bearing. I wouldn't have known that had I not been watching Abom79 youtube videos lately.

Last edited by torriem; 05-23-2019 at 09:08 PM.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
Oh I know they are probably making 2000% margin on these things, but as rip-off parts pricing goes these days I figured it was acceptable. I'm also pleased with the longevity and ease of R&R.

I did have a moment of concern when I saw the ordered bearings say on the box "Made in Brazil". Just opened a couple boxes in the tractor here and the bearings say Slovakia on them though. Not sure if the label maker is geographically challenged or what???

Word to CNH, stick with quality product. If these bearings had been made in China I would not be installing them and they would be returned. Not sure what to think of Brazil had that been true, but changing suppliers smells of cost cutting. Glad to have original quality parts for a reasonable price.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page