The Combine Forum banner

Reverse Parts Rant.

8K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  SWMan 
#1 ·
The other day I had two disc bearings fail on my P2080 drill, happened at night and probably within a few rounds of eachother. I had bought a couple of spare bearings when I bought the drill 4.5 years ago so I switched them out next morning. Before calling the dealer I phoned the bearing store and they informed me I had a "pretty special" bearing there, and I had better phone the dealer. Now I am not surprised a farm equipment mfr would have something proprietary on their drill, but there are 96 on mine!

It's a double-wide bearing, made in Slovakia, about 25,000 acres on it so far(60' unit). So called for price from the dealer for the bearing.....$39! I honestly expected higher, although $39 isn't free by any stretch. Dealer had some in stock and ordered a complete set which I will change when I do discs this summer.

So credit to New Holland and Mazergroup for not bending me over, both parties have supported this unit very well from day 1. It is the best drill I have owned by a country mile for accuracy and durability.:54:

Attachments

See less See more
#46 ·
I have no idea if that's good or bad. Looked at 1890 when I bought this thing but all I heard was how bad they were to work on and all disc drills require periodic maintenance of some sort. This thing has been bomb-proof thus far and if these bearings and discs are what needs doing every 4 years then I'm fine with that. But to get 5X the acres there must be some sort of different bearing or he must not have stones or ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.