Zero turn mower - The Combine Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Zero turn mower

Lost the day job and the crops are the shits so might as well replace the old lawn mower. Got to keep them cactus trimmed.

Donít have a big area maybe 2-3 acre. Looking at Kubota or a Club cadet. Guess I could be open to other brands. (Not a fucking grasshopper) I have seen them eat the lawn and Iím not having something named after them.
The CC looks about 1500 bucks cheaper then the Kubota.

Thoughts?

Week Men Create Hard Times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2878 Post(s)
We have had several cub cadets and they have been really good. They have a few different levels of quality but Kubota likely does too. Ours has the two handles which I much prefer, but seems like a lot of them have a steering wheel now. I found the steering wheel to be awkward and cramped. Kubota generally makes good stuff so I'm sure those would be good as well. We have saved a lot of $$$ running Cub Cadet mowers over the years and I highly doubt the grass has ever noticed. Even have two family members using our old units and they still talk to us...LOL

garyfunk and meritmat like this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Can’t comment on cub cadet but we bought a Kubota ZD 331 72” in 2010. Have done nothing but general maintenance since then. The big deck will gouge on steep terrain at times. We mow two 5 acre lawns and a 5 acre cemetery with it. So it does see a lot of use. Cools unbelievably. We have cottonwood trees and previous mowers required at least one sometimes two compressed air cleanings per mowing session. Not the kubota. Clean after day is done. Whatever you buy spend the money to buy a commercial unit. Built heavier to last.
brazil08 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
I wound up picking up a Toro commercial 60" Z I think it is (zero turn) for about 1/3 of some others new. It only had about 100 hrs and was like new. 27 Hp I think and it eats heavy grass pretty well. It is pretty simple and the deck is very solid and easy to adjust the height. Zero turn is a quick machine compared to the tractor style but rougher. Unless you want a Ferris diesel with wheel suspension for about 26G!! The zero turn is nice for trimming but hard to beat a rear steer with a steering wheel for straight runs. Lots of Country Clippers around here for a pretty good price I hear. You can steer them with one hand, leaving a free hand for a cold beverage!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Have a Kubota 72" zero turn. Have around 250 hours on it, no issues. I like the mower and would recommend it.
There is a good dealer in Med Hat/Dunmore. They have a good parts supply. That is important as well.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 11:50 PM
Ken Adams

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Have a Kubota ZD 331 - sure will cut, good machine!! But in these conditions is it a dirty thing to operate!! Maybe getting old and soft but wish had bought something with cab and ac now
Transaxial likes this.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4674 Post(s)
What, SWMans suicide mower not still available?
Transaxial and whtbaron like this.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 2878 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
What, SWMans suicide mower not still available?
It is!!!!!

First thousand bucks takes it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190528_092830.jpg (342.7 KB, 62 views)

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
We bought a used Kubota front mount mower last year with a diesiel engine for around $3500. My wife likes the front mount mower around the trees. If the tree or shrub branches are bent over in places you just drive into it with the front deck which keeps you from getting hit by them. It has been plenty maneuverable and cuts tall grass well. The diesel runs a long time on very little fuel but you have to use the glow plugs to start it even in the summer. The model we bought was a F2100 which is a older model but did not have to many hours on it.. It is very heavily designed with almost everying is grease able.

Last edited by SouthernSK; 06-17-2019 at 09:45 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I have a Husqvarna 60” deck bought it new 4 years ago. Cuts two yards has 680 hr on it. It’s ok the deck is built a little light. Had to straiten it out a few times. And it dose not cut wet grass. If I was and I will buy another one it would ba a commercial one. John deer Kubota Ferris and what other good brand that I can’t think of right now. And I don’t think I would buy a another zero turn. Too F’en ruff!!! I would buy a front mount four wheel drive so It will not spin out on wet grass and cut on dikes and not go for a ride down to the bottom of the ditch that has water in it!!!!! I would spend the 26k on a new one. Yes I know it’s sounds like I’m nuts but you will NEVER buy another one. 26 over 26 years. 1000 per year. In 26 years a 1000 would be like 500 today. Or less. You can buy a dam good use one for under 10k that would do you good too.

Last edited by Slip clutch; 06-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page