Survey marker in wrong place? - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
jvw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Most of the fences around here are wrong, most we don't worry about, they seem to average out across the farm. I did remove one last year, it started correct at one end, but by the other end, was off by 100' to my disadvantage, and add in an extra 50 feet of trees, and it was significant, neighbor was agreeable. One is 16 feet to my disadvantage on one end only. Have one that has significant curves to it, all in my disadvantage. Gain some extra pasture in a few places from wrong fencelines, in conditions that aren't amenable to refencing most years. One neighbor was dead set convinced that she owned 50 feet of my property beyond the survey stakes, due to something a realtor had told her, not sure that was ever settled to her satisfaction. I have one that a previous owner surveyed and moved gaining a few acres, and the losing party is still bitter about it everytime it comes up. But mostly I am my own neighbor and I'm not too concerned about property lines, only really figure it out if a new fence is going up, just surprised that someone would build a new fence in the wrong place as in this case.

Transaxial likes this.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
How many people figure the road allowance is theirs to use and fence off. Set your fence on your side of the road allowance and Iíll set my fence on my side. How simple is that? I swear most of my neighbours have no clue.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What's been said is mostly correct. The pin you found is definitely a governing monument. You'll have to look at the plan to see what it means exactly though.

Pins are posted along the south and west sides of road allowances, and right of ways - almost never along the north or east. That said, the pin you found could be an offset marker, or a pipeline, irrigation, road widening, or some other subdivision marker.

In Alberta, you can buy plans for $2 from the spin2 website here http://www.spin.gov.ab.ca/

You will definitely be able to find the township plan from the original survey, but more helpful will be if you can find something more recent that used the pin you're looking at, like a subdivision or right of way survey.

I can help you look it up if you want, just PM me the land description and the boundary you're wondering about.
Transaxial and brazil08 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page