AIM-What am I missing? - The Combine Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
AIM-What am I missing?

Could not make AIM this year. What am I missing not being there this year? Any must see? Who has the booth that you had to stop in at?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Your not missing much other then AGI spent a lot of money building a show case grain setup. Harvest west sent a bounce of used Combines- Really. Seed companies all watered the crap out of plots and none are really realistic of anyone's fields. Not sure I need to go back for 4yrs. Really disorganized and poorly planned if they ever get a large crowd attending or it rains for 3 days. Gowan at least gave some tought to future farmers and had a bouncer castle for little ones.

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Highlight of the show: Milwaukee has sockets that are square on the end so you can put a wrench on them.
bjtjjl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2808 Post(s)
WOW! Sounds like a gigantic waste of time, glad I am at home getting work done.
bjtjjl, bauerr and Windmillfarms like this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Anyone see the steaminator steam sprayer thingy?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:27 PM

Actually I thought it was a decent show.

Though we missed the air drill demo passes, it was still interesting to compare the field finish between all the units.Pottinger had this crazy contraption that was a double disc, then packer wheels, then planter, then harrows in one machine. Not for southern sask, that’s for sure!

First time I got to see DOT run. They trundled around with the Pattinson sprayer on one unit and switched between the seedmaster drill and a fert spreader with the other.

Was hoping to take a spin in the sprayers just to compare cab noise but got there just after 3 when they shut down.

For all the talk about plots, in the end I think most are a waste of time. Other than straw height, what really can you compare visually? Most things need to be harvestd to actually see differences.

Saw the steam guy, didn’t talk to him. The machine wasn’t there, just a booth in a tent.

Seriously though, why aren’t all sockets square on the end? It might not get used all that much, but it’s so simple. The Milwaukee tent was almost as busy as the beer gardens.
scotsburn and SWMan like this.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksn View Post
Highlight of the show: Milwaukee has sockets that are square on the end so you can put a wrench on them.
Isnít the box end of the wrench like a socket already? Only thing I could see them being handy for would be bolts in recessed holes, but usually they have Lots of room for an impact or ratchet.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelin81 View Post
Isn’t the box end of the wrench like a socket already? Only thing I could see them being handy for would be bolts in recessed holes, but usually they have Lots of room for an impact or ratchet.
Yeah I was thinking for hard to reach spots. Or maybe to add a wrench if you need a bit more torque to break a nut?
Like I said, it might not be used all that often, just seemed like such a simple thing to do to make an often used tool a bit more versatile.
RunninREDharD likes this.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I bought a Milwaukee grease gun. A year ago. I never saw four young men wanting to grease so often! Lol. The only problem my forearms are getting smaller. Can’t show off anymore
torriem and RunninREDharD like this.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
I like the high end Milwaukee grease gun as it pumps a lot of grease in short order! Just don't forget to turn off the light at the end of the gun (useless IMO) as it will drain your battery when you put it away.

I love the longevity of their batteries. The old lincoln used up a battery in 2 tubes or less and eternally slow. I think this gun can pump 8 tubes (just guessing) before putting in another battery!

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page