The Combine Forum banner

AIM-What am I missing?

8K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  Don Boles 
#1 ·
Could not make AIM this year. What am I missing not being there this year? Any must see? Who has the booth that you had to stop in at?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Your not missing much other then AGI spent a lot of money building a show case grain setup. Harvest west sent a bounce of used Combines- Really. Seed companies all watered the crap out of plots and none are really realistic of anyone's fields. Not sure I need to go back for 4yrs. Really disorganized and poorly planned if they ever get a large crowd attending or it rains for 3 days. Gowan at least gave some tought to future farmers and had a bouncer castle for little ones.

#6 ·
Actually I thought it was a decent show.

Though we missed the air drill demo passes, it was still interesting to compare the field finish between all the units.Pottinger had this crazy contraption that was a double disc, then packer wheels, then planter, then harrows in one machine. Not for southern sask, that’s for sure!

First time I got to see DOT run. They trundled around with the Pattinson sprayer on one unit and switched between the seedmaster drill and a fert spreader with the other.

Was hoping to take a spin in the sprayers just to compare cab noise but got there just after 3 when they shut down.

For all the talk about plots, in the end I think most are a waste of time. Other than straw height, what really can you compare visually? Most things need to be harvestd to actually see differences.

Saw the steam guy, didn’t talk to him. The machine wasn’t there, just a booth in a tent.

Seriously though, why aren’t all sockets square on the end? It might not get used all that much, but it’s so simple. The Milwaukee tent was almost as busy as the beer gardens.

#10 ·
I like the high end Milwaukee grease gun as it pumps a lot of grease in short order! Just don't forget to turn off the light at the end of the gun (useless IMO) as it will drain your battery when you put it away.

I love the longevity of their batteries. The old lincoln used up a battery in 2 tubes or less and eternally slow. I think this gun can pump 8 tubes (just guessing) before putting in another battery!

#13 ·
Got a call from someone at the AIM show today, well....actually seven calls. Could make out probably every third word spoken each time with some plain dropped calls in there to boot. Never were able to have the conversation we wanted to until he was driving away from the show on highway #16, and then only one bar of reception. What kind of third world operation are you guys over there in SK running?:wink: Sure hope there isn't an emergency and a call needs to be made!

#16 ·
Couple thousand people on a section of land with crop all around them. Gee - I wonder why they all can't watch cat videos at the same time. Give your head a shake - you're smarter than this. The notion that we all should have gigabyte bandwidth 24/7 no matter where we are displays a lack of common sense.

#17 ·
At the show on Wednesday.
Thought the female portion of the population was well represented!! "Cuteness" factor was a couple notches higher this year!!
Had a few questions for Raven, but someone must have warned them I was coming - couldn't find them, nor Trimble or TopCon.
If I was going to be farming for another 20-30 years would have taken more interest in the DOT demos.,
I thought the show was pretty amazing, can hardly comprehend the work that goes into putting a show like that on!

#20 ·
My thoughts on the show:
1 best outdoor farm show I've ever been at.
2 Lots to see food was great, especially all the free ice cream.
3 You actually have a place you can park a truck and not have to pay for it!
4 Excellent seeding demos.
5 One day 2 farmers cannot see everything, go with wives and no problem, LOL.
6 The Dewalt drill extender and staple gun were awesome tools for anyone who is doing decking and cattle fencing.
Overall highly recommended this farm show and sad to say I hearing more big names are pulling out of the Farm Regress Show Regina.

#25 ·
Good to see you northern SK guys made it back into cell range...:1:

So is there an entry fee to this show?

Also does anyone have an official attendance number for the show?

#29 ·
Well I went all three days and the longest I waited was on Wednesday morning and it would have been no more then 20 min. They got an exhibitor entrance and 2 entrances for general public. The only thing they need to do is have a gate for people who haven't picked up passes ahead of time, that is what slows up traffic. They got people guiding you in and traffic actually moves along pretty well for a crowd that size going in. Parking beats Regina by a long shot and you don't have to deal with city traffic.

#31 ·
The big surprise at the show was a Flexicoil painted air cart and drill. Big companies at the show that did not attend Regina were; Versatile, Concord, Mack, Western Star, Peterbuilt, Pottinger, Horsch, MTZ tractors, Agrifac sprayers, Apache sprayers, Landoll, Lemken,
McCormick tractor, Mahindra, Deutz-Fahr tractor, Pillar, Salford and Vermeer. I think I got them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.