Ridiculous part pricing - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Oh well, another thread derailing lol. I have 3 printers already. All have slightly different capabilities for different filaments and print sizes. Ender 3 is probably one of the best bang for the buck out there, although I don't have any personal experience with it. Personally Abs is my goto filament, but it all depends on the application. I have never seen the need for an exhaust fan for printing with it and a proper silicone heater and SS relay or mosfet are cheap addition to any printer. Enclosure is only really needed when you have drafts from a furnace or something. Be sure to get bed leveling too, best thing out there. 3d scanners are cheap and can even be done with the cellphone now. And since we are using it more for mechanical parts over artistic stuff, I highly recommend fusion 360 and it's free. Steep learning curve, but once it clicks for you quite easy.

lander2 likes this.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
I recommend just jumping into Fusion 360 if you run Windows or Mac. If you're on Linux you might find FreeCAD acceptable for many (but not all) things.

On my someday winter list is to maybe upgrade my Ender 3 with a new main board and probe to do auto leveling. Most of Creality's printers are based on some open source firmware called Marlin, and there are lots of other pre-built boards that run different versions of the firmware that can do interesting things. It's quite a rabbit hole to go down although the stock machines from Creality are very good.

post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Well in fairness to the topic, a 3d printer is one tool in the toolbox that can help us. At current price points anyone interested and inclined should get one.

Learning basic machining and metal-working skills is another tool. And a basic understanding of DC electrical circuits can help with modern machines.

Farming is very multi-disciplined these days. I enjoy this forum because people do share their knowledge and experiences. You've all saved me a bunch of money over the years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Thats great guys! i find the tech super interesting but know next to nothing about it at this point. Can see how ROI would not take long at all even printing small plastic stuff at this point. Pretty excited to see where it goes in the future thats for sure
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
I had the bolts fall out of separator grates and put stress on the remaining bolt and it bent it a bit and cracked where the 2 grates joined. 9790 MF. Figured I could reweld straighten the old one but take a bit of head scratching. Priced out one grate $1100. No thank you. Scratched my head and got it done instead. I bought an entire set of concaves for $1800 2 yrs ago. A lot more work went into them than 4 separator grates at $4400. Do they throw darts at a pricing board, and where it hits is the magic number?
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:23 AM

Does anyone know a good place online to cross ref bearing #s? NH bearings are stupid pricey and my tx needs a few. I have a good aftermarket outlet close by but i prefer to give him a bearing # to order rather than measurements and let him find me one. They dont really hire the cream of the crop to work the counter there
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by young.farmer90 View Post
Does anyone know a good place online to cross ref bearing #s? NH bearings are stupid pricey and my tx needs a few. I have a good aftermarket outlet close by but i prefer to give him a bearing # to order rather than measurements and let him find me one. They dont really hire the cream of the crop to work the counter there
Good question I would like to know too! On my 2610 summers disc the bearings are only available from summers dealers. I asked my local farm supply for a cross reference and they said it was only made by summers because of patent laws. The bearing and holder was around 300 bucks.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Are these the bearings? They say they are for a DK2610.

https://www.shoupparts.com/products/...nnion-bearing/

I have ordered parts from Shoup several times and have never been disappointed.

Last edited by skfarmboy; 09-23-2019 at 12:27 PM.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
[QUOTE=skfarmboy;3361173]Are these the bearings? They say they are for a DK2610.

https://www.shoupparts.com/products/...nnion-bearing/

Yeah. Those are the ones. Five or six years ago you had to buy the casting too. Then now about three or four years ago you can just buy the bearing. I bought the bearing. But it was 100$. Not 50$ Oat king. Im not that far from you. I have parts for your disk. Pm me if you want.

Last edited by Slip clutch; 09-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 PM

I would normally just pull the bearing out on the combine, get number off the bearing itself, order from the outlet and make a note in my book for next time but there isnt much left of the bearing this time to do that.

NH part # is 913716; catalogue even gives the dimensions, 40mm IDx 90mm OD x 23mm W. if i punch that into google i get a 6308 SKF, with about 50 options for letters at the end of it (ZZ, 2Z, 2RS etc.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page