Grain Cart Prices! - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
We bought a cart a few years ago when it was wet and didn’t want trucks in the field, now we use the cart all the time. Unloading on the go gains us about 30 percent more acres every day. Having Libra on the cart we know how many tonnes we harvest off each field and helps us calibrate our combines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
So due to the lovely weather we have been blessed with, we are kicking around the idea of getting a grain cart. Only really a 2 man operation around here as far as harvest goes, my brother and myself. Fields are getting so soft and wet, I can't get into most fields now. Plan is to get a cart, even though I will have to drive it and the truck myself (I know, I'm good right!!!). Not looking for new by any means, but looking around on a few sites to see what is out there. My lord man!!!!! The prices on these new ones! Getting close to the 200,000 mark! Knock a zero or two off that, now that's what we're shooting for! Not really looking for advice or suggestions, have a few in our sights, but willing to hear the good and bad out there. Just couldn't believe the prices! Not sure why I was so shocked, nothing is really "cheap" any more.

There is only two of us here as well, we had a cart and sold it. 2 combines so its just easier to dump in semis rather then to cart and then to semi anyway. Just my $0.02. Plus with strippers, driving thru the field is a no no.

post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Just a FYI if you have a properly calibrated scale on cart, and put everything through it, lots of insurance companies will use that info instead of measuring bins.

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Just a FYI if you have a properly calibrated scale on cart, and put everything through it, lots of insurance companies will use that info instead of measuring bins.
I don’t know. Because I have a truck scale and crop insurance would not recognize the wights. So they Measured the bins. But if some one else weighed the grain they would take that. But not yours. Go figure.
w-mFarms likes this.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I'm one step closer to owning a grain cart got PTO option on a 4WD!
adsinaus likes this.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip clutch View Post
I donít know. Because I have a truck scale and crop insurance would not recognize the wights. So they Measured the bins. But if some one else weighed the grain they would take that. But not yours. Go figure.
What province are you in ?

Brent.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Manitoba
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Ok, I’m in Sask. So different provider.

Brent.
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
So might be going to look at a J+M 750-14 tomorrow. It has a pto on it, but the front wheel assist 110 horse might be too small for it. The dealer said they are easily converted to run with hydraulic. Our 4 wheel drive is a 9680 Ford New Holland, which is on the low side for hydraulic flow to run the cart, it will run it he says, just not as fast. To my understanding, if they put the hydraulic kit on it, you can switch back and forth fairly easily, is that correct? What do you guys think? Is there any things with these carts that give problems? Sounds like it's in good shape.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
So might be going to look at a J+M 750-14 tomorrow. It has a pto on it, but the front wheel assist 110 horse might be too small for it. The dealer said they are easily converted to run with hydraulic. Our 4 wheel drive is a 9680 Ford New Holland, which is on the low side for hydraulic flow to run the cart, it will run it he says, just not as fast. To my understanding, if they put the hydraulic kit on it, you can switch back and forth fairly easily, is that correct? What do you guys think? Is there any things with these carts that give problems? Sounds like it's in good shape.
we have a J&M, love the cart, no problems since we owned since new (2008). Just don't release too much horsepower on the cart as they we're really build to be dragged around by 350+ horses i think. Ya you can swap from hydraulic to pto easily, we run ours pto so much nicer and faster than hydraulic.
I think a 110 horsepower FWA can run a 750 no problem just don't go into water with a full load.

JoRu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page