Rob Holland - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The grower you speak of in Regent must have been Anderson. Their son Aaron and his friend worked with us for a while when we were around the Dakotas he helped them out a few seasons. We cut for the roths in Mott aswell that year among others.

SWFarmService likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeere4250 View Post
The grower you speak of in Regent must have been Anderson. Their son Aaron and his friend worked with us for a while when we were around the Dakotas he helped them out a few seasons. We cut for the roths in Mott aswell that year among others.
You got it! One season I believe he went along and Derek S also

Mikey and Rob were kinda opposites but shared more in common than meets the eye

You must have also cut on Stangs and maybe Boltie's?

God Bless America
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes Derek was the fella. The crew kinda split in regent and I went the half that cut in Mott, I do remember the regent crew mentioning the name stangs a few times but can't recall boltie's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is something really sad to hear. It seems that the best guys are always taken away too early. My deepest condolences to the whole family.

I had the privilege to work for Rob for a couple of seasons in the early 2000’s and he ended up having a bigger influence in my life than he probably ever knew. I’m not aware of how the operation continued or was during the last few years since I lost contact with Rob & Sue while going through some tough times myself, but he was one of the people giving me the inspiration with his example and history to just go on no matter how difficult the situation was, and just pull through.

The operation he had was second to none and the way to run it was nothing but legendary. He was very good to work for and with, and always took care of his employees and customers. Yes, he was hard on you if you weren’t doing your job right, but also always fair. Being a hardass sometimes was just because he was always aiming for nothing but perfect. The way to maintain the equipment, not only the combines, but everything was impressive and I think not only the quality of the work, but also the quality of the whole operation was the reason why the customers wanted him back year after year.

May you rest in piece in the cab of the heavenly combine up there. You will be missed.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
SWFarmService, so sad to hear this news. I rode around with him and picked his brain back during the 93' fall harvest near his home base. I remember the yr. because it was 1st year of 1688's. Said to come by the shop any time which I did later that winter. Never got up the gumption to go on a run but his crew seemed like a well oiled machine and you could tell the attention to detail and they way things were maintained that everything was top notch. I wish I had known him better or gone on a run with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page