Looking for Grain Farm Employee.. up to $30/hr - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
I have tried advertising with no pay posted, and my findings were two things...

The very first question was: how much are you going to pay me?
This results in my hanging up.

The other finding is that I only end up with about 5% of the resumes as I do when I list a salary range or an "up to $XX.XX/hr"
Then if I do speak with them I give them the whole "well if you do a good job, or are a skilled performer, you have the potential to earn $XX.XX/hr"
Kinda like dangling a carrot. I figure they need some kind of incentive, I figure they need to see there is potential to grow and earn more money if they do good for me.
Mind you, it has yet to work in practice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nillz
This seems so unreal. I'd be willing to work my ass off for 15/h. I was fortunate for the last guy in sask i worked for. They evem gave me free accommodation and a truck with fuel card. I absolutely loved working for them. How would you not show up for work. It was fun. A guy has to understand that farming isnt a 9-5 job. You gotta be dedicated. And yea whoever i'd work for i'd be wanting to become more as just an employee. Be more a part of the family and eventually part owner or whatever other options there are but thats my opinion and maybe my ethic as a german. I dont know if thats racist haha but you know what i mean.

Nodust and gtcustomag like this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nillz View Post
This seems so unreal. I'd be willing to work my ass off for 15/h. I was fortunate for the last guy in sask i worked for. They evem gave me free accommodation and a truck with fuel card. I absolutely loved working for them. How would you not show up for work. It was fun. A guy has to understand that farming isnt a 9-5 job. You gotta be dedicated. And yea whoever i'd work for i'd be wanting to become more as just an employee. Be more a part of the family and eventually part owner or whatever other options there are but thats my opinion and maybe my ethic as a german. I dont know if thats racist haha but you know what i mean.
Is your wife qualified to work in Canada? I have an ad for employment right now also.

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Haha,
The '63 nova has a 383 stroker, while the '67 will be getting an LS3.

'67 will be next years project.

As funny as it sounds, or as unbelievable as it sounds, my full-time guy can't be bothered to work on it with me, even though it's in a heated shop. So I say, fine, go home sit on your azz playing video games and look after your family that way buddy.

I am in a real need of good help, gotta make about 6 call backs of resumes this weekend.

Looking for 2 guys full time.
Right on, there was a thread started for vehicle projects like this, you better post some pics. The LS gonna be done up to look like an old small block ?

Brent.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

It's gonna be left looking like LS, maybe a custom engine cover.

Cars will be a little lowered and tubbed, so they can fit wide rubber front and back.
I build quality Shyte.
bjtjjl likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
This seems so unreal. I'd be willing to work my ass off for 15/h...
You had me at hello...!

Well, you didn't say hello, but I'd hire you no matter what, under those terms! Unless you were a thief or child molester.
The last time I paid a guy $15/hr he couldn't speak English and he didn't know how to drive a car.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
20 mins from edm. Puts you closew to what little town, n-e-s or w
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Can name a few hobby farmers that would give up their full time job and the hobby farm if there was another guy to work for that would consider taking them on more than just an employee.

I agree, making them feel appreciated and that they have a purpose keeps employees around longer and negates leaving for higher wages. There was a study done proving this.

Know one farmer would give their employee X bushels that they could market themselves as a bonus. Thought this was neat, gives them the perspective of income fluctuating with the market.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How many acres and which direction from Edmonton? I have a seasonal job but looking for something year round. I get bored in the winter.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Is your wife qualified to work in Canada? I have an ad for employment right now also.

Hey, she's not. it's really hard even for canadian med students to come back to their home country for rotations or even residency. IF canada was an option i wouldn't hesitate to come back. we have been doing a lot of research to see if there was a way but we probably have to wait until she graduates. Im just so surprised that there isnt any american farmers at all showing interest in me haha...i dont know if this forums majority is canadians or what.

bjtjjl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page