Looking to visit a farm - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking to visit a farm

Hi guys, this is my second time posting here. I follow the forum daily and love reading your posts. A few years ago I asked you for your opinion whether I should study agronomy (I have no real background) or mechanical engineering instead. You mostly suggested mechanical engineering for a career as it's hard to start farming from zero and I wasn't sure about it. So I got myself a bachelor's degree in ME, however the love for big iron and working outside is still there. I help a friend on their small farm from time to time and when my uncle was still trucking I always wanted to go with him or help with the truck. As a student I worked in a truck repair shop during summer breaks (out of love for wrenching, the pay was poor).

I'm from Slovenia but right now I'm in the US working on a J-1 visa. I get one month to travel after work, beginning October 1st. So I was thinking maybe I could find someone from thecombineforum to let me visit for a week or so, just to experience a large farm, helping out with anything I can do (and learn stuff, I love operating anything on wheels ), not asking for any pay, just roof and food.

I'm currently located in Park City, working until the end of September, then my roommates and I will go on a road trip to see the national parks, then around Oct 15th I'll probably be free to visit a farm. I can fly to an airport near you, but I have to stay in the US. My flight back home is on 28th so I should be able to stay for about a week. If anyone is interested in having me, I'll be glad to help you with whatever I can.

Aleksander

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Just bumping the thread, anyone want some free help?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Alexsander.... if you’d be interested in visiting Nw MN, Roseau, MN. I’d sure be interested in chatting with you about coming up. We would be finishing soybean harvest, shelling corn, and in full swing of fall tillage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I'll send you a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page