1Likes
  • 1 Post By CSchraefel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Need Agtron blockage monitor

I have a dual channel agtron blockage and rate monitor for the wired sensors. Channel one keeps giving errors and the problem is in the monitor itself, if I switch cables right outside of the monitor, the problem stays with channel 1. Shut off and cool down seems to be the only solution, then it works for a few seconds or minute at a time. Do I understand that these are becoming obsolete and replaced by wireless mostly now? If so, are there any monitors sitting around unused for the right price? Single or double channel would work, I could always use two monitors, one for each channel, and put up with twice as much beeping...

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Do the simple thing, throw that pile of junk in the trash can in the shop... thats what I did with mine,now the big 560R is nice and quiet, and I just get out and check runs like the good ol days .. that technology was great when is worked , but had become a fussy POS, and Im about as meticulous as it gets when it comes to wires/wiring

Btw my 260art was doing the exactly same thing as yours...

Was looking @ replacing with a legend set-up talking to the 2630 deere- but think Ill look at other blockage options or just do without ..made it through this year without any loop 1 fkd loop 2 ERR messages and I enjoyed that ..

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Bought a used drill with an Agtron system on it a couple years ago. System didn't seem to work when I hooked it up.
Are you guys saying that they are not worth trying to fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1001 Post(s)
My older Agtron system worked pretty good this season. I had to replace a couple sensors but was thankful it was working.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
For me the sensors themselves have worked flawlessly. Its the cabling between towers that seems to give me troubles. They seem to break on the inside without the outside giving much of a tell. If they had better cabling I hope most of my issues would be resolved.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
We run them on 3 drills. We wouldn't be without it. Takes a bit to figure out, especially the older ones but once you do they are golden. The newer ones are very easy to calibrate. Easy to train new drill operators when you have one on the tractor. Everything is good unless that thing complains. If set up right it does not give false readings. Always trust it. We have been burned a few times by thinking it was the unit. Even the "clean sensor" warning usually indicates some type of blockage somewhere. Sometimes just a chunk of something in the tank above the meter restricting the flow. We only run one per tower and any that might be trouble spots like the outside ones all get sensors. The company is very good with support as well. Also good for knowing exactly when a tank runs out. Some good videos on youtube for set up and installation. I even keep a spare head for troubleshooting cables which I always seem to be able to find the worst routing options. Always seem to find a pinch point and lots of time you can't see the damage. Good luck with it.
Windmillfarms likes this.

Last edited by CSchraefel; 06-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
jvw

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keldifornia View Post
Do the simple thing, throw that pile of junk in the trash can in the shop... thats what I did with mine,now the big 560R is nice and quiet, and I just get out and check runs like the good ol days .. that technology was great when is worked , but had become a fussy POS, and Im about as meticulous as it gets when it comes to wires/wiring

Btw my 260art was doing the exactly same thing as yours...

Was looking @ replacing with a legend set-up talking to the 2630 deere- but think Ill look at other blockage options or just do without ..made it through this year without any loop 1 fkd loop 2 ERR messages and I enjoyed that ..
Did you really trash your monitor, because if it still functioned on one loop, I would be interested in it. As much time as I waste tracking down failed sensors, and errors for no reason, it does save a lot of really embarassing incidents. Twice I had a primary hose break in the freezing early morning temps this spring, caught immediately. Many other individual plugs, and partial manifold plugs which I caught right away. It is really useful for emptying out a tank completely.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvw View Post
Did you really trash your monitor, because if it still functioned on one loop, I would be interested in it. As much time as I waste tracking down failed sensors, and errors for no reason, it does save a lot of really embarassing incidents. Twice I had a primary hose break in the freezing early morning temps this spring, caught immediately. Many other individual plugs, and partial manifold plugs which I caught right away. It is really useful for emptying out a tank completely.

I sure as fk did throw that POS in the trash , right where it belongs, theres a few used Concord walking axle shims, about 40 used grease tubes, some secondary air drill hose,.. you can take it all , they deserve each other
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
If anyone else is throwing this stuff away throw me a message second if the op passes. Finished season 8 with 168 sensors this year. Swapped out 4. Otherwise it worked as it should as long as you set it and don’t ignore it.

Sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem finding a monitor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page