Omnistar vs rangepoint - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Omnistar vs rangepoint

Just reading over some of the threads and no one seems to mention omnistar. Usually only rangepoint and centerpoint. I used omnistar last year in my quadtrac and it's was awesome. It's half the cost of centerpoint. Can anyone enlighten me?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's Equivilant to range point. In Aus that makes it almost 10x dearer

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I have a neighbour that uses omnistar and he loves it, says its bang on all the time. Only thing is i believe its like $700 for like three months(don't quote me on that).

Rangepoint is only $250 and its all year! I used it all year last year for seeding and banding fertilizer and it didn't drift once!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Other than rtk, centerpoint is the best, omnistar is second, rangepoint third. But rangepoint is cheap and much better than waas. I don't think omnistar is worth the money though when you compare it to centerpoint for what the cost and accuracy is worth.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Other than rtk, centerpoint is the best, omnistar is second, rangepoint third. But rangepoint is cheap and much better than waas. I don't think omnistar is worth the money though when you compare it to centerpoint for what the cost and accuracy is worth.
Agreed, with centerpoint there is no base station required and it has 2.5cm repeatability. I think it's a clear winner. Only problem is you can't get it on anything that's not Trimble or NH/Case gps's.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
[
Quote:
QUOTE=NESASK;1242074]Agreed, with centerpoint there is no base station required and it has 2.5cm repeatability. I think it's a clear winner. Only problem is you can't get it on anything that's not Trimble or NH/Case gps's.
[/QUOTE]

I will be running a Pro 700 on a quad this year and my dealer's tech guy is saying they are having software compatibility issues with rangepoint, is this true?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasksodbuster View Post
[
I will be running a Pro 700 on a quad this year and my dealer's tech guy is saying they are having software compatibility issues with rangepoint, is this true?[/QUOTE]

Well I believe I just read a thread where there was a member having issues connecting with centerpoint. I guess it kind of makes sense that there would be issues since it's more of a Trimble program. Wether or not it's true I do not know.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:37 PM

Maybe until they get all of the issues worked out, go with omnistar. Problem with that is that there is an unlock on the Trimble for a cost of $2000, not sure if this applies to case it not.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have a pro 700 version 27 software (version 28 is the up to date one) updated nav controller and i couldnt get connected because the receiver wasnt updated to the version 3.5. i had the update done and now it works
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NESASK View Post
Agreed, with centerpoint there is no base station required and it has 2.5cm repeatability. I think it's a clear winner. Only problem is you can't get it on anything that's not Trimble or NH/Case gps's.
The specs on CentrePoint RTX over here are +/-3.8cm
Is this different in NA/Canada?

We have guys running CentrePoint RTX in headers that are following John Deere RTK lines all day, with little to no nudge required. It's pretty bloody good, and for the same price as OmniSTAR HP you wouldn't even consider the HP unless you had an old receiver (252/262/EZ-Guide 500 etc)

Last edited by NQCruiser; 04-30-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page