29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian A. Herrnboeck View Post
No...

The are outfitted with sensors for attitude and altitude.

You literally get a color-keyed map which you can import into ag software (Farmworks, AgExpert GIS, SMS Advanced, whatever you use) and then you can create a drainage map, or just use the drone/cloud generated version and upload it to a farm gps and away you go with your scraper.
Obviously but some are equipped with camera lenses specifically for this and NDVI to help with quality, have you spent much time looking into ag and industrial spec'ed outfits?

AGM

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Bumping a old thread.

Really am tempted to get myself a DJI Phantom, but was reading thru the thread to see if there is more uses for it, just than hobby flying and crop checking.
Stumble on this website, that provide a NDRE/NDVI add-on for a phantom 4. Anyone using it? How is it working? Did it help to improve your crop/save you money?

https://sentera.com/product/phantom-...health-camera/

Also find info on a Parrot Sequoia sensor, which is available in our country. Also is very pricey...Don't know if it is better than the sentera...maybe more capabilities?

Nou wat nou?

Last edited by BoSoT; 03-18-2019 at 07:07 AM.
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Barn
My only experience is with a mavic air. Dad bought one last year for fun and after i used it a few times I realized how useful it it just for scouting and taking a birds eye view of things around the farm. After a big rain storm you can see where the low spots are very clearly. I’m not interested in the Ndvi pictures yet just checking out animal damage from elk was a huge eye opener. We are getting 3x more damage than I was thinking. You think you see it all by driving equipment but it’s a different perspective. The Mavic was under $1000 at Costco.

1967 Case 930 Comfort King with spin on filters and square fenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
I bought a DJI Mavic pro 2 yrs ago. Used it for checking for berthas. This alone made the $1800 worth it. I can leave my yard and go 4 miles taking pics of canola in various places, it would take me forever to walk in the tangled mess. I lost 40 acres on a half section once to worms because I didn't walk there. Never again. I have 3 batteries for it and it automatically flies home when batteries hit 30% to my landing pad at home. You can adjust its fly home battery % to what ever number you like. I err on the side of caution always and have never crashed. Has collision avoidance and makes flying so easy for even tech dummies like me. DJI is probably the leader when it comes to drone software and dependability. A mavic pro is small and portable. It has a 12 megapixel camera which has a remotely operated gimble. You can fly a couple feet and hover over the crop, let go of the joysticks and it will just hover there using GPS to hold its position and altitude. Then you can point the camera straight down , Left ,Right and take pictures or video the entire time. Lift off and go to a different part of the field. When you are done with taking photos and looking at the images on your phone you can remove the card and look at it on your pooter for a more detailed look and Zoom in if you wish. 20 min may not seem like much time but at 45 miles an hour as the crow flies I can get places in a hurry. I have taken pics of wildlife damage and had crop insurance walk the field. Not all of them are licensed to fly a drone which is a joke. I fly mine and send them the pics. A photo is worth a million words and can make stuff fair and not a crap shoot.
BrianTee and kareldew like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page