Smart Phones Re-visited? - Page 16 - The Combine Forum
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I enjoyed pumping gas and will do it again if I have to. Not a bad job really.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:23 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4634 Post(s)
There are fuel stations where they will put fuel in for you?!

post #153 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
There are fuel stations where they will put fuel in for you?!
The COOP in Olds is still full service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 02:58 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4634 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by combinemanc View Post
The COOP in Olds is still full service.
I literally didn't know there was any, a dying breed.
post #155 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:

That's a sign of good buying habits. There's few full service stations left that AREN'T Co-ops. I despise the whole Co-op culture but sometimes they're the only choice. And in fairness some of them give pretty decent service.

R.J.(Bob) Evans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #156 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
In France, I use a crosscall, it's really very solid and as good as the others, and Android.

Https://crosscall.com/en/products/
post #157 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
There's 3 within 10min of me that pump gas for you! Its really nice as alot of older poeple around. 2 clean the windows and check oil,tires, water, windshield wiper fluid ect...

I find it nice as my grandmother doesn't have to get out of her car especially in the winter. Or during harvest if she needs somthing the one guy does it for her. Even changed her wipers during a small snow storm probably 4 years ago. Now I buy almost everything I can through him bulk fuel,oil,antifreeze ect. It is a few cents higher sometimes but I figured it costs me less than $200 a year so its worth it to me.
adsinaus and kevlar like this.
post #158 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2817 Post(s)
Although I don't think China not buying canola or whatever is likely to really influence the market more than temporarily, there are other reasons not to buy Huawei phones. I was told today that some US networks are denying access to Huawei and Google will not support Huawei platform beyond present agreements. This came from some guys in a phone store so could be blurred on the details, but if travelling to the US the you probably don't want a Huawei phone. So I stroked that off the list pretty fast.

Ended up getting a Google Pixel 3A today. Very pleased to see that even though my old phone had died suddenly that all my text messages as well as contacts, photos, etc were all backed up to the cloud and loaded onto my new phone when we set it up! Google really has things figured out and it was super quick and intuitive to get things going, very similar to my old phone actually.

This phone is smaller than my old one and most current phones on the market, which is kinda nice. Also it listens to music playing nearby and shows band and song title on home screen...kinda creepy but surely will be useful.

Through this we switched to Telus from Rogers as well. Two phones with 3X the data of current plan and monthly payment is probably $20-30 lower too. Seems Telus has access to more towers in MB and talking to some who travel the US coverage is very good there too. I got a Canada/US plan myself.

Hopefully I don't have to re-visit this for another 3.5 years...ha ha

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #159 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1483 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
Translation: Farm may go broke from lack of marketing opportunities but Iíll have a nice phone while I pump gas for a living.
That wouldn't be all bad but I've thought Walmart greeter would provide a lot of entertainment.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #160 of 161 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
That wouldn't be all bad but I've thought Walmart greeter would provide a lot of entertainment.

Instantly thought of this...

There was an older, male Walmart-greeter and everyday he was cheerful, happily greeting customers with a "Welcome to Walmart; I hope your day is wonderful!" or an "Enjoy your shopping!"

One day a loud, boisterous, unkempt woman comes in with her two children, who are running around and causing havoc as she yells at them. The old man greets her in his usual cordial manner, and she snaps back a rude reply to him.

Smiling, the old man looks at the lady and says, "What wonderful children you have; are they twins?"

The lady snorts and replies back "Are you blind? They're five and seven and look nothing alike. How could anyone mistake them for twins?"

The old man, in his calm and cheerful demeanor, smiles broadly at the lady, and says, "Well, Miss, I didn't think anyone would want to f**k you twice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page