AgOpenGPS - Page 104 - The Combine Forum
 2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1031 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Not sure I'd call it a bug or glitch, but I think I found an instance when YouTurn triggers too early because the boundary points aren't in a nice square 90 deg corner. I watched your latest iTec/Dev version video, and maybe you've already solved this with the pink look ahead box centered on the implement. Take a look at my two screenshots.

Attached Images
File Type: png normal YouTurn.PNG (415.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png early YouTurn.PNG (417.0 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1032 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2486 Post(s)
There are many situations that are complicated to navigate. I've dramatically tightened up the "box" used to determine distance to the headland - and with sequences it is now ahead and behind the implement to detect distances after passing over the headland line - twice the fun. At times, it should be closest point, and other times it should be farthest point away in the box makes the most sense to trigger.

I've never used commercial auto headland software, but do they deal with uneven headlands gracefully?

post #1033 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Latest very dark nightly build on https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS_Dev

It works - kind of like when the dealer says "Field ready".

Doesn't save any settings of Sequences, but does work. Is able to catch and correct its timing for many different odd occurrences as now there are about 12 conditions that can occur to decide whether it should do a youturn and run the sequencing logic or not. YouTurn is set by vehicle pivot point, and all sequences are triggered based on tool position. However, direction is still determined by vehicle heading and i must determine it by tool heading as with a long hitch they can be pointing in very different directions.

Only Auto and manual button do anything for real when set up. Relay1,2, Thingy just pop a window up saying they fired. As usual, please try to break it!

Also torriem, there are 2 settings files now, Settings and Vehicle. The Settings.settings one was getting too big, and there are a LOT of settings to be saved now.
torriem, Peter Brothers and MHoek like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1034 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Wow. Really great work again.

Could it be that the "Auto section control" is not working any more? Or did i miss something?
Attached Images
File Type: png Coverage.png (353.7 KB, 13 views)
post #1035 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminK87 View Post
Wow. Really great work again.

Could it be that the "Auto section control" is not working any more? Or did i miss something?
It didn't seem to work for me either. I think section 0 worked but not the other 4 sections.

Brian, do you expect this latest dev version should play nice with the non-dev fields?

If I load AoG on a 2nd device using the same files from the 1st device, I'm finding the section on/off time settings seem to be reset to the defaults.
post #1036 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
btw. thank you Brain for your work!

after 25 years i come back from atari st and gfa basic to visual c# :-)

BrianTee likes this.
post #1037 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Oops, really easy fix, the section control opengl window got resized to really narrow. It hides in the background and that can easily be done - told ya it was a dark version!!

So this version saves the sequences, functions and actions. Downside, the old vehicles are no longer compatible with this. There were just too many changes.

Not really sure if there are many more "features" to add to AgOpenGPS, i'll focus on getting it stable. Lots of little things to clean up.

Sequence functions don't have to be in any particular order or start from the first line, they are all sorted based on distance. Added a reset all sequences and now everything is on the youturn page, or right on the front screen.

Its getting there! Put it up on Github dev, thanks for test driving it!
post #1038 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Wow... you're doing really cool stuff. I've been following since nearly the beginning and wish I had the technical capability to contribute more.

I really thing there are 2 primary use cases:
1. The small farmer (adventurous) that can't justify the spend on current off the shelf solutions. Automate 75-150 HP equipment to improve accuracy and make things simplier. They would be using low cost GPS+ your software and low cost (or lightbar) steering.
2. A larger farmer that if fed up with the 'establishment' and knows there's a better way. Probably already have a good GPS (or 3) but looking for more friendly and customized software.

Question on the window...is it possible to make the right hand pane shrinkable to change the amount of space dedicated to the controls buttons vs the paint screen? When using as a light bar, the paint screen is starting to get small.

My to-do list over Christmas time is order 2018 seed and get the parts to rig up autosteer. Have 2 GPS's (emlid), onboard IMU on Emlid and BNO055, and an arduino already. Trying to build the 'kit' for autosteer. Guess I need to pick up a ride height / steer angle sensor also.

Last Q: Is the Phidgets 3269_2 the current preferred motor or are there other options to look at.
post #1039 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_1 View Post
Wow... you're doing really cool stuff. I've been following since nearly the beginning and wish I had the technical capability to contribute more.

I really thing there are 2 primary use cases:
1. The small farmer (adventurous) that can't justify the spend on current off the shelf solutions. Automate 75-150 HP equipment to improve accuracy and make things simplier. They would be using low cost GPS+ your software and low cost (or lightbar) steering.
2. A larger farmer that if fed up with the 'establishment' and knows there's a better way. Probably already have a good GPS (or 3) but looking for more friendly and customized software.

Question on the window...is it possible to make the right hand pane shrinkable to change the amount of space dedicated to the controls buttons vs the paint screen? When using as a light bar, the paint screen is starting to get small.

My to-do list over Christmas time is order 2018 seed and get the parts to rig up autosteer. Have 2 GPS's (emlid), onboard IMU on Emlid and BNO055, and an arduino already. Trying to build the 'kit' for autosteer. Guess I need to pick up a ride height / steer angle sensor also.

Last Q: Is the Phidgets 3269_2 the current preferred motor or are there other options to look at.
Motor should be about ~300 rpm.. motor is 1:4.25 so it is possible do turn the steering wheel when to motor is on it.
BrianTee likes this.
post #1040 of 4075 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

The right hand pane is a pain, but winforms (the windowing stuff you see) isn't very flexible when it comes to that. With a higher resolution monitor, all those problems go away.

The other thing you might double check is if the % magnify on the screen is 100%. Lots of manufacturers like to set them at 125 or 150%

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page