AgOpenGPS - Page 205 - The Combine Forum
 2152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2041 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get to use u turn. Something went wrong doing the headland pass and the record window went full screen and I forgot to turn on the booms in aog since I was still doing it manually anyhow. Not a big deal though and probably my fault(or norton antivirus garbage).
I have this same problem that when I record a the borders, it goes full screen. It isn't a huge deal, I just have to remember to turn the sections on before I record the border. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an answer for it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachGrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get to use u turn. Something went wrong doing the headland pass and the record window went full screen and I forgot to turn on the booms in aog since I was still doing it manually anyhow. Not a big deal though and probably my fault(or norton antivirus garbage).
I have this same problem that when I record a the borders, it goes full screen. It isn't a huge deal, I just have to remember to turn the sections on before I record the border. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an answer for it?
I found that if I have my computer in "tablet mode" it goes full screen when recording a boundary. If I take it out of tablet mode it keeps the record window small.

BrianTee and ferrer like this.
post #2043 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:44 PM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattires View Post
I found that if I have my computer in "tablet mode" it goes full screen when recording a boundary. If I take it out of tablet mode it keeps the record window small.
Once your recording your boundary you can swipe across screen from left to right. all your open windows should show up. switch to the agopen gps screen. once your boundary is done switch back to boundary screen to finish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Yup, tablet mode seems to be the problem with the boundary. I will try the left to right swipe. Windows 10 is a PITA imo.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #2045 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It's been busy times lately and a long time away from the forum so I don't even try to catch up everything now. Finally yesterday I was able to do the first proper field operations doing some spraying with AOG. Here some observations and first impressions:

- AOG overall usability is excellent, setting up fields and machine much easier and faster than my reference Trimble. Really great UI!
- stable operation over the entire field, except for one total blackout of my tablet. Probably heating too much as there was plenty of battery power left. Coverage map was restored after blackout but lost my AB curve driveline, is it saved at all or just when closing the field?
- Reach RTK kit with Tallysman TW3710 antennas working great, I got my base at home connected to rtk2go.com via wifi router, and using cell phone as a hotspot in tractor. Fixed solution almost 100% of the time. Really unbelievable performance for the price.
- autosteer working quite well, unfortunately I wasn't able to tune the parameters properly for this time and reaching the driveline was maybe even too aggressive. I believe this will get much better with some finetuning. In the long run, the wheel spinner solution would need some kind of freewheel system for manual steering.
- My hw setup seems to be really sensitive to the power up sequence to work properly.
- Section control working great in AOG, but my modified Amazone sprayer controller (Amaclick) didn't work as I expected. That will be a tricky thing to fix.
- AOG software problems found: the full screen boundary recording window as mentioned in several posts earlier, and steer switch not working (modified my autosteer.ino to fix this).

Overall I'm super happy and impressed with AOG, hats off to Brian and everyone else involved!
post #2046 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
There is nothing I can do about the windows operating system, but..... you can turn tablet mode off and then that doesn't happen.

I will double check when ab curve is saved. Sounds like you got most of it working! Congrats.
post #2047 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 PM
apm

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
If using a nano that is powererd at vin and usb, here is a fix if having connection problem. https://ketturi.kapsi.fi/2014/04/how...-arduino-nano/
Personally, I just hit the reset button if I get the startup routine wrong.
Another good reason to using ethernet rather than usb.
BrianTee and Peter Brothers like this.
post #2048 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

If you live near Alberta.....

https://twitter.com/AlbertaCanola/st...70634815639552
Beerwiser and wvca like this.
post #2049 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrer View Post
- stable operation over the entire field, except for one total blackout of my tablet. Probably heating too much as there was plenty of battery power left. Coverage map was restored after blackout but lost my AB curve driveline, is it saved at all or just when closing the field?

It is saved as soon as you click "B" making the line. It is also saved when smoothing, if you want it permanently saved. Crashes can be nasty at the best of time, but yes its saved.
post #2050 of 4126 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 12:16 AM
X80

Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Okay i am about to order 10.1" Samsung tab A tablet, and need to conform if bluetooth external gps is a good option like a garmin glo which is on glonass?? They say the blue tooth is better than cable.

This is only for use on 4 wheel motorbike as guidance, no sterring, as none of the fields are straight, mainly spreading fert, seed, slu bait etc...

Once i have the tablet an its in a water proof case i will make a frame to put it in so it sits just above head light on quad bike.

Will agopen be okay as an appp for this need?

Ant...

Any help or advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page