It's been busy times lately and a long time away from the forum so I don't even try to catch up everything now. Finally yesterday I was able to do the first proper field operations doing some spraying with AOG. Here some observations and first impressions:
- AOG overall usability is excellent, setting up fields and machine much easier and faster than my reference Trimble. Really great UI!
- stable operation over the entire field, except for one total blackout of my tablet. Probably heating too much as there was plenty of battery power left. Coverage map was restored after blackout but lost my AB curve driveline, is it saved at all or just when closing the field?
- Reach RTK kit with Tallysman TW3710 antennas working great, I got my base at home connected to rtk2go.com via wifi router, and using cell phone as a hotspot in tractor. Fixed solution almost 100% of the time. Really unbelievable performance for the price.
- autosteer working quite well, unfortunately I wasn't able to tune the parameters properly for this time and reaching the driveline was maybe even too aggressive. I believe this will get much better with some finetuning. In the long run, the wheel spinner solution would need some kind of freewheel system for manual steering.
- My hw setup seems to be really sensitive to the power up sequence to work properly.
- Section control working great in AOG, but my modified Amazone sprayer controller (Amaclick) didn't work as I expected. That will be a tricky thing to fix.
- AOG software problems found: the full screen boundary recording window as mentioned in several posts earlier, and steer switch not working (modified my autosteer.ino to fix this).
Overall I'm super happy and impressed with AOG, hats off to Brian and everyone else involved!