AgOpenGPS - Page 287 - The Combine Forum
 2161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2861 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Regards BrianTee, Weder and everyone else on the effort and energy that AgOpenGPS exists and works.

I am not a farmer, but I have a friend who is a farmer and who suggested that we make an autopilot for his tractor.

I found AGOpenGPS and we made, the biggest problem to me is WAS twice we bumped it and I'm trying to find a better solution, the problem is that the point has a great distance between the lowest point (when Wheel it falls into the hole) and the highest point (when Wheel it climbs to the rock) the Wheel at which WAS is located.

Connection to the AutoSteer and GPS is a USB, and GPS-correction is Bluetooth with the phone.
It does everything pretty well, but I would like to go to the UDP protocol, but now we are doubting between WIFI and ethernet ports.
The only thing I do not know how to play GPS NEMA sentences in the network with udp protocol.

I've seen a Weders scheme recently and made PCBs in Eagles, I have not tested it yet (I'm waiting for components to arrive), but if I like it, I can send it to someone.
I split the power supply so it could work with all the combinations.
I also have a of variants of PCB with arduin nano, and extension for BNO055 and MMA8452 for easy setup.

Sorry about my bad English, but I'm even worse in writing [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/CombineForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]

Thank you all once again
PS

Attached Images
File Type: png AutoSteer - ESP32 top.png (227.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png Power top.png (156.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png Aliexpress MMA8452 top.png (77.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png AdaFruit MMA8451 top.png (77.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png AdaFruit BNO055 top.png (92.3 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by ropecope; 12-11-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2862 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
That's a strange one indeed. The other option may be to search for AgOpenGPS in the registry and delete anything that comes up. Also, try putting in a completely different folder, that also forces it to make a new config file.

Also hide the entire AgOpenGPS folder in documents - just rename it, it will create everything new. I'm thinking that is where the problem may be.
I cleared everything out of the registry, didn't help; I moved the github download to a different folder, didn't help; I deleted everything AOG from my firewall rules, didn't help. I am not sure what you mean when you say "hide AgOpenGPS folder in documents", I don't have anything AOG related in my documents folder. I did look at the differences in the user.config file created on the computer that works vs the computer that does not.

For the computer that works I have this...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <userSettings>
        <AgOpenGPS.Properties.Vehicle>
            <setting name="setSection_position1" serializeAs="String">
                <value>-8.0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position2" serializeAs="String">
                <value>-3.0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position3" serializeAs="String">
                <value>3.0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position4" serializeAs="String">
                <value>8.0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position5" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position6" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position7" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position8" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position9" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="set_youSkipWidth" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position10" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position11" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position12" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setSection_position13" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
        </AgOpenGPS.Properties.Vehicle>
        <AgOpenGPS.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="set_culture" serializeAs="String">
                <value>en</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setF_workingDirectory" serializeAs="String">
                <value>Default</value>
            </setting>
        </AgOpenGPS.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>
For the computer that doesn't...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <userSettings>
        <AgOpenGPS.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="set_culture" serializeAs="String">
                <value>en</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="setF_workingDirectory" serializeAs="String">
                <value>Default</value>
            </setting>
        </AgOpenGPS.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>
I cannot figure out what has changed about this computer.

post #2863 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
A suggestion when performing a U-Turn is to default to minimum look ahead distance. I have had some issues with the look ahead point moving too far through the YouTurn pattern on screen, as a result the requested steer angle doesn't allow the tractor to follow the turn pattern on screen. If a YouTurn begins and AOG automaitcally defaults to the users minimum Look ahead (in Meters) then the Pattern on screen can be followed much more closely. This doesn't seem to be an issue on larger YouTurns i.e. 3 skips when implement width is roughly the track width of the tractor.

I've noticed this to be a problem when trying to follow an AB-Curve or a recorded path too. If your implement width is narrow and you are trying to follow a recorded path or AB-curve lets say to avoid a theoretical tree in the middle of the field with any speed and a look ahead of about 4 seconds you might just hit that tree that you were trying to avoid with your AB Curve. Of course if your Look ahead was small the path or curve could be followed much easier but you would sacrifice the smoothness that a greater look ahead offers. These appear to be the limitations of a steer motor and Pure Pursuit.

At the end of this video I encountered a potential fault that AgraBot would need to overcome. My computer froze... I'm not sure how that fault could be overcome. BTW is there a way in Task manager to default High priority threading for AgOpenGPS instead of selecting it to do that every time?

One last thought is with recorded path playback there are instances when it would be nice to just auto-steer the recorded path without doing the Dubins path to the beginning of where you recorded, for instance the round about path that you might take to get to and from a field for sprayer fill ups etc. That way you could follow that path regardless of the direction of travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2864 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 05:42 PM
apm

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
WTalen, could also try increasing min turn setting to something that is actually achievable in the time to do a uturn rather than the full lock setting. Or put a bigger wheel on the steer motor to increase the turn rate.
post #2865 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
What do you guys think of this? $4000 for something that appears to be less capable than AOG! Crazy!

https://store.handsfreefarm.com/wheelman-pro
BrianTee and p00qwerty like this.
post #2866 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTalen View Post
A suggestion when performing a U-Turn is to default to minimum look ahead distance. ......

These appear to be the limitations of a steer motor and Pure Pursuit.
I think your motor is too slow.
If you imagine, that when you work in tractor, at approx. 8 kph, you need to make a quick turn at the end of field with narrow implement, then you turn fast with the steering wheel. How fast? Lets say it is 1,5 rotation per second as a big approximation of a quick "light-bulb" turn.
If your steering wheel diameter is 38 cm, and the diameter of your wheel on motor is 7 cm, then the gear ratio is 0,184. That leads to a conclusion, that with that setup, you need a motor with arround 490 RPM.
From the other way (lets say without changing motor), if you have 300 RPM motor, and want to have 90 RPM on steering wheel (1,5 rotation per second) (//both as a max values), you would need gear-ratio 90/300 = 0,3.
With the same steering wheel (38 cm) and same motor (300 RPM) you need to have 11,4 cm motor-wheel diameter.

The Phidget motor does have 588 RPM, but on 24V. If you run it with 12V (as wiki says), it moves half-way slower, and with the foam-wheel from Trimble (I think it is 70 mm diameter?) doesn't it run too slow?
post #2867 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrek View Post
I think your motor is too slow.
If you imagine, that when you work in tractor, at approx. 8 kph, you need to make a quick turn at the end of field with narrow implement, then you turn fast with the steering wheel. How fast? Lets say it is 1,5 rotation per second as a big approximation of a quick "light-bulb" turn.
If your steering wheel diameter is 38 cm, and the diameter of your wheel on motor is 7 cm, then the gear ratio is 0,184. That leads to a conclusion, that with that setup, you need a motor with arround 490 RPM.
From the other way (lets say without changing motor), if you have 300 RPM motor, and want to have 90 RPM on steering wheel (1,5 rotation per second) (//both as a max values), you would need gear-ratio 90/300 = 0,3.
With the same steering wheel (38 cm) and same motor (300 RPM) you need to have 11,4 cm motor-wheel diameter.

The Phidget motor does have 588 RPM, but on 24V. If you run it with 12V (as wiki says), it moves half-way slower, and with the foam-wheel from Trimble (I think it is 70 mm diameter?) doesn't it run too slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apm View Post
WTalen, could also try increasing min turn setting to something that is actually achievable in the time to do a uturn rather than the full lock setting. Or put a bigger wheel on the steer motor to increase the turn rate.
Thank you for doing that math. While I agree that I could use a faster motor the point I'm trying to make is that currently in AOG this UTurn is impossible because of the look ahead and Pure Pusuit. Currently my motor can keep up with the requested steer angles at a slow speed but even at a slow speed in the simulator this turn doesn't work. In the simulator where the requested steer angle is met instantly you can see that the U-Turn becomes impossible to follow the pattern on screen. To apm's point why not make a turn for your tractor that AOG can achieve, well... my tractor can achieve it so why can't AOG. These are just a few suggestions thanks for the input.
Marrek likes this.

Last edited by WTalen; 12-12-2018 at 07:32 AM.
post #2868 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Check the setting - Vehicle / Min Turn Radius, play with it
post #2869 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 02:29 PM
WW

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
when I see that other's have trouble with tractor keeping on line i want you to know with correct settings it just works. This video was created in may during seeding. I used a recorded u-turn but it just worked everytime. Hope this link works for you.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dht6S1AvRXbu8T666
torriem, ferrer, WTalen and 3 others like this.
post #2870 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW View Post
when I see that other's have trouble with tractor keeping on line i want you to know with correct settings it just works. This video was created in may during seeding. I used a recorded u-turn but it just worked everytime. Hope this link works for you.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dht6S1AvRXbu8T666
Nice video! Having the GPS antenna up front probably helps with your accuracy too. With a 31ft implement everything works fine on U-Turns for me too.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill I'm just trying to improve efficiencies for the guys with narrow implement widths. When the U-Turn at the end of the field closes in on the minimum turn radius of the vehicle the pure pursuit with dynamic look ahead might need to be improved to improve tracking. Maybe the simplest solution if I'm the only person that finds this to be an issue, is to record a U Turn that would force the look ahead point to tell my steering to turn L and then full lock R and then L for a right turn. Pure Pursuit and dynamic look ahead is fantastic for straight lines!

Brian is this what your Headland turn algorithm is based on?

https://link.springer.com/content/pd...12220-0_27.pdf

Perhaps the "Follow the Past" algorithm is a better approach for U-Turns. The only problem with this is that it only applies to stuff that is done in the past and path planning for Agrabot would not work. It could work for a recorded path though.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Neural Network Headland.JPG (232.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Follow the past.JPG (54.3 KB, 12 views)
Marrek likes this.

Last edited by WTalen; 12-12-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Forgot a link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page