AgOpenGPS - Page 288 - The Combine Forum
 2161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2871 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
I'm going to be really hit and miss on replies for the next month or so, a bit of R&R. Serenaded by the sound of orthopterans this morning while i type this.....

WTalen, I think your steer motor turns too slow, its got to go much faster if you want to do those kinds of ohmega turns. Pure pursuit cuts off corners with farther look ahead points, so going outside of a turn as in your video shows its a steering issue. Mine is set around 1.8 secs ahead, min distance around 3 meters, 1.5 on the offline gain. Once the tractor gets behind on steering - very evident on the ohmega turn - you're screwed, it won't catch up again. Best thing i did was use that 12v to 24v convertor, motor spins good speed and has way more power/control. If the problem exists on contour as well, your motor isn't keeping up to the requests made, it gets behind, tries harder to keep up, starts to oscillate, bad scene.

You can fudge turning sharper but making wheelbase longer as steering angle calc is highly dependent on wheelbase. But by far the most critical success/failure aspect is can the steering wheel turn fast enough. In latest version an initial stub is added on to the start of turns to allow the tractor to start turning at the right time based on the look ahead position. If the UTurn popped up but the lookahead was already well into the turn, that was a problem.

UTurns are completely generated by Dubins algorithm unless using patterns, then they are just made by the pattern.

Ramblings:

Why turn so sharp? Unless plowing, leave a couple swaths - set skip to 2, and fill in the blanks later, the turns will be faster and easier on your equipment. It's why we have GPS.

Mounting the antenna closer to the front/farther from pivot point gives a much greater lateral error (distance off line) and will then generate faster turns because with great distance offline, a greater steer angle is made. Downside, when going around a corner then antenna fix to fix is sharper since the arc is sharper then the arc the pivot makes. No free lunch, but the lateral error greatly improves and guidance because it detects off line much faster.

When you change lookahead distance, proportional gain needs to be changed as well, the 2 work hand in hand.

WW, that is smooth and dead accurate, wow such a nice job. You have all the right ingredients, smooth GPS signal, steady heading, quick response. Perfect.

We know AgOpenGPS works using the simulator, that is the goal point for the mechanical system as well. The closer you can get to rapid steering response, accurate and consistent GPS fix, smooth and accurate heading, the more the tractor will work like the simulator - mathematical certainty.
We can make this system better and better, keep trying new things, I'm pretty confident in saying that AgOpenGPS works!

WTalen and kareldew like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2872 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW View Post
when I see that other's have trouble with tractor keeping on line i want you to know with correct settings it just works. This video was created in may during seeding. I used a recorded u-turn but it just worked everytime. Hope this link works for you.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/dht6S1AvRXbu8T666
I see that you do not have YAW value, so you are using just the GPS heading and dog2 roll?
It is really calming to look at your video, so smooth.

post #2873 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:42 PM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Marrek;3300279]I see that you do not have YAW value, so you are using just the GPS heading and dog2 roll?

Yes thats right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2874 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have two questions:
Is it possible to use the IMU Brick V2 for roll? Seems like it is not incorporated in AGO.
When using work switch section controll is disabled, why? I connected the work switch with the traktor rear hydrauliks lifting any device.
post #2875 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
hey everyone, have a quick question about ublox applications board; thought I would see if anyone on here could help me. I recently switched to the c94-m8p-2 application boards to try out using a base station. I was able to successfully configure the one board to act as the base station, but whenever I connect the second board via usb to my pc I can not communicate with it. I have tried what seems to be every suggestion on the topic on the ublox forum regarding drivers and windows 10, but reinstalling the them does not seem to work. If anyone could point in the right direction it would greatly appreciated!
Cheers
post #2876 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minielly14 View Post
hey everyone, have a quick question about ublox applications board; thought I would see if anyone on here could help me. I recently switched to the c94-m8p-2 application boards to try out using a base station. I was able to successfully configure the one board to act as the base station, but whenever I connect the second board via usb to my pc I can not communicate with it. I have tried what seems to be every suggestion on the topic on the ublox forum regarding drivers and windows 10, but reinstalling the them does not seem to work. If anyone could point in the right direction it would greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Have a look at this article, it may help.

https://rtklibexplorer.wordpress.com...x-usb-drivers/
post #2877 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Minelly14,

From the user guide of the C94-8MP:

Do not have more than one application board connected to your computer while updating.

If one of them is working, I can't see why the other one isn't,
unless there is some issue with the hardware.
If you use the same usb port on the same computer and the same usb cable,
it should work and has nothing to do with drivers etc. ,
since the other one seems to work.
post #2878 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deistho View Post
I have two questions:
Is it possible to use the IMU Brick V2 for roll? Seems like it is not incorporated in AGO.
When using work switch section controll is disabled, why? I connected the work switch with the traktor rear hydrauliks lifting any device.
A few people on this thread have done some side my side trials of the BN055, Brick and DOG2 inclinometer for roll and graphed them. It turns out that using the Brick or the BN055 for roll is too erratic and will not work well in agricultural situations. The DOG2 was decided to be the best for accurate roll.

As to why section control is not working with the work switch that seems weird to me. Take a look in the DIY autosteer thread; over the last couple of days there has been some talk about troubleshooting work switch issues.
deistho likes this.
post #2879 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTalen View Post
A few people on this thread have done some side my side trials of the BN055, Brick and DOG2 inclinometer for roll and graphed them. It turns out that using the Brick or the BN055 for roll is too erratic and will not work well in agricultural situations. The DOG2 was decided to be the best for accurate roll.

Further to this the MMA8452 is now the best way to do tilt, cheap and accurate. The Weder AIO with AgOpenGPS has all the code for it.
WTalen and Weder like this.
post #2880 of 4131 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Further to this the MMA8452 is now the best way to do tilt, cheap and accurate. The Weder AIO with AgOpenGPS has all the code for it.
For all the newbies, What do you mean Weder AIO?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page