AgOpenGPS - Page 311 - The Combine Forum
 2161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3101 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorosj View Post
Hi, my intended use is grape planting. Is it possible to set plant spacing (distance of the plants in the row), and getting output on the actual planting points?
regards, Jozsef

Not at this time it can't, only the spacing between the rows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3102 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Not at this time it can't, only the spacing between the rows.
Feature suggestion: tool events: tool sets 1 bit to high and AOG does react as defined by the user like in the Uturn sequence. Possible reactions could be mark position (good for wrapping gras balls) or display error message like running out of seeds....

In the section control sentence are 2 bits left at the very end to send events.

Greetings Matthias

WTalen likes this.
post #3103 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I would like to add AB-lines manually in the .txt file, but I fear there is no quick way to do this. The challenges:
1) A way to convert a (lon, lat) point to the local (x,y) used in AgOpenGPS
2) Heading of a line in QGIS (projection EPSG, WSG84, ...) equivalence to the heading in AgOpenGPS, or a way to convert it.
Would this be correct?

For who it may have worth, here is a way I found to get coordinates into a KML which can then be loaded as a field boundary. For example if you have done a Reach or other RTK survey of a field and want to get this into AOG. Basically I edited a KML that worked, feel free to improve and/or add to the wiki.

1) load the coordinates from CSV or from the attribute list of the shapefile into a spreadsheet
2) combine longitude, latitude and ",0" with a text joining function & or CONCAT. In a new column you get for example a cell with content "11.11111111,22.2222222,0".
2) open a new .txt file in notepad, paste the following and paste your new column under <coordinates>:
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2">
<LineString>
<coordinates>
lon.decimal,lat.decimal,0 lon.decimal,lat.decimal,0 ...
</coordinates>
</LineString>
</kml>
3) replace enters between coordinates by spaces
4) save file and rename .txt to .kml, open as field boundary in AOG
5) see your boundary and hope this is a good way to do this
BrianTee, WTalen and comedoo like this.

Last edited by kareldew; 02-14-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3104 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i also want to plant grapes. I think, i use two units, one for the distance of the rows and die other for the distance of the grapes in the rows. But i have another problem, i want to work with a velocity between 200 and 500 meters per hour. But below 700 m/h the correction signal is very low.

Can i change something ?
post #3105 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareldew View Post
I would like to add AB-lines manually in the .txt file, but I fear there is no quick way to do this. The challenges:
1) A way to convert a (lon, lat) point to the local (x,y) used in AgOpenGPS
2) Heading of a line in QGIS (projection EPSG, WSG84, ...) equivalence to the heading in AgOpenGPS, or a way to convert it.
Would this be correct?

For who it may have worth, here is a way I found to get coordinates into a KML which can then be loaded as a field boundary. For example if you have done a Reach or other RTK survey of a field and want to get this into AOG. Basically I edited a KML that worked, feel free to improve and/or add to the wiki.

1) load the coordinates from CSV or from the attribute list of the shapefile into a spreadsheet
2) combine longitude, latitude and ",0" with a text joining function & or CONCAT. In a new column you get for example a cell with content "11.11111111, 22.2222222,0".
2) open a new .txt file in notepad, paste the following and paste your new column under <coordinates>:

3) replace enters between coordinates by spaces
4) save file and rename .txt to .kml, open as field boundary in AOG
5) see your boundary and hope this is a good way to do this

You have to unwind the Convergence Angle, add the offsets back to the X,Y position, then use UTMtoLatLon function to convert back to Lat/Lon. Nothing is ever easy
kareldew likes this.
post #3106 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwuchs View Post
i also want to plant grapes. I think, i use two units, one for the distance of the rows and die other for the distance of the grapes in the rows. But i have another problem, i want to work with a velocity between 200 and 500 meters per hour. But below 700 m/h the correction signal is very low.

Can i change something ?

Ya, it jumps around when going very slowly as any little wiggle puts the antenna ahead and then behind current position. You basically must have a dual antenna RTK system that is extremely stable and accurate, or a very stable IMU. Very specialized application.
post #3107 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 01:44 PM

Hi Brian,

another feature suggestion:
The workswitch should have a new option: activate Auto Section control. In the GUI it could be 3 radio buttons like Work Switch should … o nothing o ON/OFF o Section Control Auto ON/OFF.
Background:
To use AOG with a corn planter you should connect the section control with the hitch: if the machine is in the soil the section control should turn to AUTO, so the planter will put seeds with section control (electrical Drives each row) and will stop when the hitch is lifted.
The steer controller could either use a mechanical switch, or read the hitch high at the very common plug (0V = low 12V = high) and set the workswitch bit.

I tried to put it in, but I didn’t get the interaction with the GUI. (sorry running out of time, need to go the wine yards, +13°C today)

Thanks
Matthias

PS: I’ve seen, it won’t be easy, as Workswitch is Boolean, not Byte, maybe put a filter in the vehicle files manager to convert older files from Boolean to byte

PPS: the NTRIP is great work
BrianTee and apm like this.
post #3108 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZ8302 View Post
Hi Brian,

another feature suggestion:
The workswitch should have a new option: activate Auto Section control. In the GUI it could be 3 radio buttons like Work Switch should … o nothing o ON/OFF o Section Control Auto ON/OFF.
Background:
To use AOG with a corn planter you should connect the section control with the hitch: if the machine is in the soil the section control should turn to AUTO, so the planter will put seeds with section control (electrical Drives each row) and will stop when the hitch is lifted.
The steer controller could either use a mechanical switch, or read the hitch high at the very common plug (0V = low 12V = high) and set the workswitch bit.
Hey Matthias,
I'm just looking at your XLS file for arduino<->AOG communication (I am trying to retrofit section control on older Mueller electronik device), and I think there already is a possibility to do that.
There is a SectionMain byte send from arduino to the AOG, that is for turning Main valve off - could be used for shutting all motors off on planter. Also, the Uturn byte is also received from AOG, I believe that could be used also - shutting planter off when on headland or when the machine is lifted.

Or do I not understand anything right? Would be great if you could explain.

For planter control - will it be possible to compute current section speed when not going straight and send it to Arduino? For bigger planters and electric drive it is also important to set the correct spacing when turning.
post #3109 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I want to describe my problem in more detail., For example, if I drive 1 km / h, the program responds quickly
and correctly. But if i drive with 0,4 km(h, the correction signal does not jump constantly around a point.
It may be that I drive a distance of 50 cm and then the deviation from the AB line can be 15 cm, until the
programm outputs a correction signal. If at slow working speed the correction signal constantly steers around a point back and forth
I have no problem with it. My antenna Trimble BD982 RTK Can I change something because of the settings, or is not possible with this special application?
post #3110 of 4129 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrek View Post
Hey Matthias,
I'm just looking at your XLS file for arduino<->AOG communication (I am trying to retrofit section control on older Mueller electronik device), and I think there already is a possibility to do that.
There is a SectionMain byte send from arduino to the AOG, that is for turning Main valve off - could be used for shutting all motors off on planter. Also, the Uturn byte is also received from AOG, I believe that could be used also - shutting planter off when on headland or when the machine is lifted.

Or do I not understand anything right? Would be great if you could explain.

For planter control - will it be possible to compute current section speed when not going straight and send it to Arduino? For bigger planters and electric drive it is also important to set the correct spacing when turning.
You are wright that's the solution I suggested too. If you connect your steer controller to the hitch signal the workswitch will only work as workswitch, not for enable/ disable section control. If you need this feature you have to connect your section control box to the hitch signal.
So I thought it would be easier if you connect the all ways installed steer controller to hitch signal, a decide in AOG how to behave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page