AgOpenGPS - Page 362 - The Combine Forum
 2070Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3611 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikidd View Post
So last year when I swapped my system from our 7230 to the Versatile I had to upload a new version of the INO with the sign reversed because the WAS had to be mounted bakcwards. (https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...ml#post3256819) Has that gotten any easier with a swap direction on WAS setting anywhere in the program that I'm just not finding? I thought there was something mentioned about adding that.
Yep it got easier but not in the program itself. In the Modules>Autosteer_Switch folder you'll find the AIO (all in one) INO it has a setup zone (you can read about it in the .pdf in that folder too) and all you have to do is
Code:
 #define Invert_WAS 0                 // set to 1 to Change Direction of Wheel Angle Sensor - to +
change that 0 to a 1 to invert the WAS and then upload your sketch. Yep you still have to upload a new .ino

Be aware that if you are using the newest version of AOG you will have to also swap your roll values from negative to positive.

Last edited by WTalen; 05-09-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3612 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Thanks for the headsup on roll changing sign, it was giving me grief today with a combination of the old autosteer that I modified for the reversal, and the new AOG.

post #3613 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareldew View Post
I have a similar issue on my tractor, where I control an actuator by switching 2 bistable relays. The actuator pushes the motor away from the steering wheel and in that moment between actuator start and motor release, the motor 'spikes' one way. Actuator and autosteer connect to the same power plug in the cab. This spike lasts for a fraction of a second to a few seconds, it was even worse with the 12 to 24V adapter which I had to unplug. So far I haven't found a clear reason or solution...
This does not happen on my other tractor with identical setup and electronics.
@Weder: is there something I can try to prevent these faults in my system? I am using the Autosteer Switch sketch and have wired D3 to GND so that it is permanently on. There is a mechanical switch at the motor, no encoder. I am not a electronics expert so I'm just guessing if a resistor or a diode-capacitor would help and if so, where...

Last edited by kareldew; 05-10-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3614 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex lan View Post
I had an offset double the machine width in north-south way and the east-west direction it overlaped of half a machine +-
it sounds strange but it is.

I have to test again with a fresh github program new settings again and with the reduced gps mesages. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
Hi Alan,

Did you finaly find a issue about this?

In my case i don t found why AB line don t be at 21m
post #3615 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by senechalo View Post
Hi Alan,

Did you finaly find a issue about this?

In my case i don t found why AB line don t be at 21m
no not yet, I had it again with the new aog over 5 days with reduced msg (only gga and vtg). I have no Idea what it could be.
What I did to make it work, is shut down my pc. I did not try to open the same field again because I was bussy so I just opend a new field.
post #3616 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
Sorry been MIA but am we have had a horrible run of crap luck this seeding with flat tires and strange faults - like DEF etc. Oy.

Lots of posts, but have been using AOG to run the 4650 rolling and has done about 200 ha last few days in autonomous mode - but with me in the seat. After some playing around my conclusion is the MMA over estimates the roll angle a lot - like what should be 7 degrees but is showing 11. Also it is highly sensitive to angular velocity - going around a uturn and it goes abnormally high as well. I made the antenna height half as high as it actually is to compensate. Anyone else find this with the MMA?

The Brick has a delay, i suspected this last year, but confirmed this year, it will cause some wander as it is too slow to react. Until we find something that actual works, heading with other then 2 antennas will be a mystery.

UTurn won't work for a field over a mile long. I'll have to extend the range. Not a problem in Europe as I'm sure not many fields over 1.5 km long. In imperial units, distance to you turn flashes imperial and metric distance.

The best responding auto steer is just to use no mma and no BNO. It keeps within an inch or 2 all day. Bad data in means bad steering. Easy choice, simplify your setup.

The good news, running AOG in the seeder and does section control for air art and seed treater. Works flawless and never missed a beat for hundreds of acres. Same with Agrabot driving itself. Works every time including obstacle avoidance and drive around.

https://twitter.com/efarmerdot/statu...34032404389888
JB_1 and PeterSK like this.
post #3617 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I've turned MMA's off at all 3 of my setups. It just causing zigzag. Getting much straighter lines without it. I have BNO in one setup (No PCB), and it seems to work perfect.
Steering wheel encoder (I think) has accidentally turned autosteer off few times. Is there any time frame for pulses? I think there should be adjustable time frame.
Autosteer led would be helpful too.
I've been using AOG now for spreading fert, harrowing and seeding, and I'm very happy with it.
kaanakgser likes this.
post #3618 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I tested the MMA by putting a spirit level with inclinometer in the tractor (from -13 to +13 degrees)
works very well
kaanakgser likes this.
post #3619 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2456 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clod.fr View Post
I tested the MMA by putting a spirit level with inclinometer in the tractor (from -13 to +13 degrees)
works very well

Did you try it while moving?
post #3620 of 3976 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yes at slow speed (3km / h).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page