AgOpenGPS - Page 373 - The Combine Forum
 2038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3721 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Barn
My steering orbital is a closed centre load sense (ccls). I can tell that as it has 5 hydraulic hoses attached - pump, tank, left, right and load sense.

The hydraulic valve is one which suits this. If you look at the AgOpenGPS wiki under hydraulic steering this information should be there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZ8302 View Post
Not quite sure what you are looking for. AOG should be able to parse the section/switch data from serial = Usb or Bluetooth and UDP. At least it did when I checked in February. The sentence is the same.
I'm looking for AoG to send the section control settings sentence to the Arduino via UDP. So far, I'm only receiving the section control data. I made the change and now I also receive the settings sentence.

post #3723 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2417 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmay.david View Post
I've been having a test of StanLee. Very smooth. I think I've found a bug though? That, or there are settings I am completely missing.
StanLee working very smooth in 'steer axle ahead' config, but when you set up a vehicle for a 'steer axle behind' like a header, the correction doesn't kick in until the rear of the vehicle has reached the desired path, by which time, the front/implement is way off course. Is there a way that StanLee can 'lead from the front' even when the machine is rear axle steered?

Correct it does not work. I tried this a few days ago, and it doesn't work in pure pursuit either. You are also correct that the header will be considered the steering axle and then steering then would be set to turn the opposite way. I'm going to have to figure this one out - especially now there are 2 methods of guidance and several instances.

Edit: I've set it up so steer behind, antenna behind, rigid tool, tool ahead, hitch at 250cm. So just like a combine, but if your antenna is ahead of the drive pivot wheels, it should be ahead. Anyway all I had to do is set the steerangle setpoint times -1. I'll send an update on github this evening. It will work on Curve, AB Line, Contour - but only in pure pursuit. I'm going to have to figure out how to do this in StanLee. Maybe it can't be done, I hope it can.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-06-12.png (475.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by BrianTee; 06-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3724 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Some in the German group use AOG with a combine. Maybe Andreas or someone else can tell about the settings.
Jmay.david likes this.
post #3725 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Is it possible to get more then 250cm for a front mounted sprayer? Any more and it gives me an error.
That should be in inches, I think its 270 inches from my pivot axle to the boom.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

Last edited by Beerwiser; 06-13-2019 at 06:38 AM.
post #3726 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Correct it does not work. I tried this a few days ago, and it doesn't work in pure pursuit either. You are also correct that the header will be considered the steering axle and then steering then would be set to turn the opposite way. I'm going to have to figure this one out - especially now there are 2 methods of guidance and several instances.

Edit: I've set it up so steer behind, antenna behind, rigid tool, tool ahead, hitch at 250cm. So just like a combine, but if your antenna is ahead of the drive pivot wheels, it should be ahead. Anyway all I had to do is set the steerangle setpoint times -1. I'll send an update on github this evening. It will work on Curve, AB Line, Contour - but only in pure pursuit. I'm going to have to figure out how to do this in StanLee. Maybe it can't be done, I hope it can.
Gotcha. Well, I'm finally doing a build on a combine in the next couple of weeks so I'll keep testing the devs on it. So that's flipped the antenna position around, correct? I'm thinking about placing the antenna more towards the engine block so it'll pick up changes quicker being closer to the steering. But I would have to put 'pivot axle point is behind the antenna', even though the drive/pivot point would be in front of the antenna?
post #3727 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Just a little post to say I greatly miss the headland feature... it was my visual tool to know where to on/off sections and do the outer round(s) afterwards when spraying and seeding green manure crops and cereals. Which I will be doing a lot this summer and autumn.
I understand it is not so easy to re-implement because of the way the inner and outer boundaries are now handled in the code?
post #3728 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmay.david View Post
Gotcha. Well, I'm finally doing a build on a combine in the next couple of weeks so I'll keep testing the devs on it. So that's flipped the antenna position around, correct? I'm thinking about placing the antenna more towards the engine block so it'll pick up changes quicker being closer to the steering. But I would have to put 'pivot axle point is behind the antenna', even though the drive/pivot point would be in front of the antenna?

I tried it in the tractor yesterday by just driving backwards and it seems to work really well. All i set was steering at the back and antenna behind pivot - code unchanged. The thing with rear steer i found was the to move the look ahead point way longer and turn down the counts per degree, like if it was 30, to like 20.

Kinda makes sense when you think about driving in reverse how much more twitchy it is, but i think a combine steer geometry has the ackerman angles backwards.
post #3729 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareldew View Post
Just a little post to say I greatly miss the headland feature... it was my visual tool to know where to on/off sections and do the outer round(s) afterwards when spraying and seeding green manure crops and cereals. Which I will be doing a lot this summer and autumn.
I understand it is not so easy to re-implement because of the way the inner and outer boundaries are now handled in the code?

Do you think I should just add it back as a line? Skip the inner boundaries etc. After all the uturn line is really just a headland except closer to the outer boundary. it could work like the very outer boundary where the sections just turn off outside the outer boundary.
post #3730 of 3856 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Do you think I should just add it back as a line? Skip the inner boundaries etc. After all the uturn line is really just a headland except closer to the outer boundary. it could work like the very outer boundary where the sections just turn off outside the outer boundary.
I for one would be very happy this way. If it works with the width setting screen with "x.x times implement width" like before, it is all I need

BrianTee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page