AgOpenGPS - Page 377 - The Combine Forum
 2161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3761 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmay.david View Post
Has anyone else been able to send the GPS via UDP straight to agopengps, complete with embedded imu data?
When coding the roof unit (2x f9p for position and heading) I looked at the PAOGI parser of AOG. I think there is a difference between some PAOGI descriptions in the web and AOG: PAOGI defines 2 fields for heading (GPS/VTG and IMU) but AOG reads only one.

Not quit sure about this.

In my setup the UDP communication via WIFI works fine: AOG NTRIP client to ESP32 and NMEA (GGA+VTG+HDT or PAOGI) back. I send heading in the PAOGI sentence and AOG parser it.

I added 2 line to CNMEA.
See post #3705 10.6.2019

Greetings Matthias

Jmay.david likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3762 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:28 AM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
[QUOTE=m_elias;3341017]Hey guys. So I was actually driving the sprayer with AoG today. I have a couple questions:

1. When using the steer wizard, it appears that AoG temporarily changes the counts per degree to 1 (so that raw numbers are displayed?) and I noticed on my setup that the raw value rolls over once it reaches 327 and starts counting down from -327. Is this just my setup doing this or does everyone's?

I had the same issue when I setup my sprayer. Changed the number 3 here to a larger number fixed the issue for me. If I remember right!
steeringPosition = steeringPosition >> 3; //divide by 8

post #3763 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Dear All,

I continue my seeting up og AOG with rtk signal and autosteer, and I've 2 points :

1) My set up is
- rtk signal (from Rpi zero w) fixed signal,
- Autosteer with arduino uno + bno055 + mma8451 + WAS + ibt2 -> informations well returned to AOG and AOG control well the autosteer
I have the following problem : the speed in AOG is stuck to zero, and this locks the arduino program. What could be the reason ?
Where does this speed information comes from ? Are there other informations which can stuck it to zero ?

2) In the arduino code, sometime heading value was false or do not exist.
I've added a 500 ms delay before setting up the bno055 because Start up time is 400 ms in the datasheet.
Now it starts well every time

Best regards from France
francois
Gianluca likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3764 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmay.david View Post
I've found this too. My setup is still on the test bench, but the raw value rolls over to the -ve as well. This in on the button ino over ethernet. BUT, if you change the ino setup to USB serial, then everything works normally. the inos from the dev repository also work fine for me over ethernet and serial.(but I need the IBT2 setup in the button sketch). I've been through the code to try and spot why ethernet causes a change, but I couldn't spot it. Any ideas??
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW View Post
I had the same issue when I setup my sprayer. Changed the number 3 here to a larger number fixed the issue for me. If I remember right!
steeringPosition = steeringPosition >> 3; //divide by 8
Are you guys using the ADS1115 or the Arduino analog input? In my case, I'm using the Arduino analog input. The two github dev Arduino sketches are both setup for only the ADS1115. One of the main differences between Serial data and UDP packets is that Serial.print sends ASCII chars whereas UDP sends binary byes, I wonder if that is causing some issues.

For example, Serial.print(128) sends 3 bytes:
49 (ASCII for '1')
50 (ASCII for '2')
56 (ASCII for '8')

UDP just sends one byte with a value of 128 (ASCII for 'Ç')

AoG has to handle those a little different. If we switched to Serial.write(128) instead of .print, then the Serial data would be handled the same as the UDP(?). Then the Arduino and AoG code could be modular-ized into a common function called by both methods of communication.
post #3765 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:59 PM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
yes using ads1115 with basic pcb
post #3766 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by francois View Post
Dear All,

I continue my seeting up og AOG with rtk signal and autosteer, and I've 2 points :

1) My set up is
- rtk signal (from Rpi zero w) fixed signal,
- Autosteer with arduino uno + bno055 + mma8451 + WAS + ibt2 -> informations well returned to AOG and AOG control well the autosteer
I have the following problem : the speed in AOG is stuck to zero, and this locks the arduino program. What could be the reason ?
Where does this speed information comes from ? Are there other informations which can stuck it to zero ?

2) In the arduino code, sometime heading value was false or do not exist.
I've added a 500 ms delay before setting up the bno055 because Start up time is 400 ms in the datasheet.
Now it starts well every time

Best regards from France
francois

1. If using GGA do you have VTG enabled as well? VTG has the speed info. RMC contains all the correct info in 1 sentence.
2. Good you got that figured out.
francois likes this.
post #3767 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_elias View Post
Hey guys. So I was actually driving the sprayer with AoG today. I have a couple questions:

1. When using the steer wizard, it appears that AoG temporarily changes the counts per degree to 1 (so that raw numbers are displayed?) and I noticed on my setup that the raw value rolls over once it reaches 327 and starts counting down from -327. Is this just my setup doing this or does everyone's?

2. What is "Min turn radius" and "Max traverse speed"?

As WW said, just reduce the number coming from the a/d convertor 12 bits is plenty, hence the <<3.

Don't use the wizard, I'm pretty sure i deleted all of them. Just increase the counts per degree till it seems about right. So if you want 45 degrees turn times 32 counts per degree, that's about 1500 counts for each direction. Using huge numbers doesn't work and is no more accurate.
Jmay.david likes this.
post #3768 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_elias View Post
Hey guys. So I was actually driving the sprayer with AoG today. I have a couple questions:

2. What is "Min turn radius" and "Max traverse speed"?

As WW said, just reduce the number coming from the a/d convertor 12 bits is plenty, hence the <<3.

Don't use the wizard, I'm pretty sure i deleted all of them. Just increase the counts per degree till it seems about right. So if you want 45 degrees turn times 32 counts per degree, that's about 1500 counts for each direction. Using huge numbers doesn't work and is no more accurate.
I'm using the Arduino's built in analog input, so only 10 bits. The reading shouldn't get so large that it causes roll over on a 16 bit (2 byte) variable so I'm still not sure why it's happening.

I though the wizard was useful in calculating the steer angle from my wheelbase and turn diameter. Are you saying that an accurate steering angle is not critical for a successful system?
post #3769 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all, greeting from Ireland, its raining here today.

This thread must be the most informative on DIY GPS and autosteer that is out there.

I have read most of the 377 pages in this thread over the last few months, however I have a confession to make, it is that I am somewhat lost. I am an engineer by profession and spent a lot of time ~15yrs ago with Matlab. I understand how to assemble the Autosteer components and I understand the schematics as my current employment involves the need to read such diagrams.

I have downloaded and installed the latests files from Github, I was hoping to review the code and start the teaching myself as to what is going on .............. I understand the equations from the Stanley car that I see on the youtube video.

I also have MS Visual studio installed, as I understand there is two parts to the code, some written in C sharp and some in python with the arduino.

I open the sourcecode folder and I open the agopengps

Should i be buying the book Csharp for dummies and python for dummies in an effot to figure out what is going on with the code ? or are there tutorials along the way that I shoudl watch
Clod.fr likes this.
post #3770 of 4129 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidank View Post
Hi all, greeting from Ireland, its raining here today.

This thread must be the most informative on DIY GPS and autosteer that is out there.

I have read most of the 377 pages in this thread over the last few months, however I have a confession to make, it is that I am somewhat lost. I am an engineer by profession and spent a lot of time ~15yrs ago with Matlab. I understand how to assemble the Autosteer components and I understand the schematics as my current employment involves the need to read such diagrams.

I have downloaded and installed the latests files from Github, I was hoping to review the code and start the teaching myself as to what is going on .............. I understand the equations from the Stanley car that I see on the youtube video.

I also have MS Visual studio installed, as I understand there is two parts to the code, some written in C sharp and some in python with the arduino.

I open the sourcecode folder and I open the agopengps

Should i be buying the book Csharp for dummies and python for dummies in an effot to figure out what is going on with the code ? or are there tutorials along the way that I shoudl watch

AgOpenGPS is written in C# with the GUI using Windows Forms (winforms) and includes a C# library for openGL. The Arduino code is written in C++/C. AgOpenGPS is quite a large program and has seen many revisions as new features have been added and so original code is always adapted and highly modified. Like 99% of software where the end goal was not known, it has become quite the spaghetti code (quite unavoidable).

Your skills are in good demand, and appreciate you stepping into the project. Welcome to the forum. Combine Forum certainly isn't the best format, but it is where it ended up. We also do some saturday morming Zoom calls worldwide.

As far as books, plenty of torrents, sites, pdf's and really good tutorial videos on both C# and arduino. Was the main reason for choosing them in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page