AgOpenGPS - Page 387 - The Combine Forum
 2078Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3861 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
And you used the INO i posted in the reply? I know it works, I just tried it. You could move it to 6 and 7 and try that as well - just make sure you have enough sections in AgOpenGPS
i solid the two pins (D5,D6) and now the second relay turns on to. Only on the SectionRelays. At AutoSteer the relays didnt work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3862 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupoi View Post
You can set the tramlines in A-B setup window (top left corner) by choosing which path to start tramline counting and how often to repeat tramlines
Check, but my tramlines are in the middle of 2 workpaths.. seeder is 3mtrs, sprayer is 24 mtrs. It means that My first tramline is between the 4th and 5th working path. Is there also a workaround for this situation?

post #3863 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardklasens View Post
How is your setup with your base? Stand alone? Connected thru WiFi with internet? Or thru a PC?
Im using 2 different setups.

First connected base (usb) to old windows laptop that is running Snip Caster and sending rtcm messages to rtk2go.com. Laptop provides reliable power to the base too.

Second setup: Base is sending rtcm messages through XBee LR radio to my home pc. I connected the XBee LR module that I bought from Ardusimple to this PC with adapter. Then this PC, using Snip, sends messages to rtk2go.com.

This way I have quite reliable system with 2 different mountpoints using 2 different internet connections.

And if I had XBee LR radio in rover, it could receive corrections straight from base too. With limited distance though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3864 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Im using 2 different setups.

First connected base (usb) to old windows laptop that is running Snip Caster and sending rtcm messages to rtk2go.com. Laptop provides reliable power to the base too.

Second setup: Base is sending rtcm messages through XBee LR radio to my home pc. I connected the XBee LR module that I bought from Ardusimple to this PC with adapter. Then this PC, using Snip, sends messages to rtk2go.com.

This way I have quite reliable system with 2 different mountpoints using 2 different internet connections.

And if I had XBee LR radio in rover, it could receive corrections straight from base too. With limited distance though...
If i understand right.. youre using 2 base stations? Should it also work with only option #1?
post #3865 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardklasens View Post
If i understand right.. youre using 2 base stations? Should it also work with only option #1?
No, only 1 base connected to 2 computers.

I'd say easies way is to connect base to windows (10) laptop with usb and use snip to send corrections to rtk2go. Just like my #1 setup.
comedoo and richardklasens like this.
post #3866 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2468 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Κωνσταντίνος Εφρεμίδης View Post
i solid the two pins (D5,D6) and now the second relay turns on to. Only on the SectionRelays. At AutoSteer the relays didnt work.

Ok, I see you are struggling, so i made a video. If you made the circuit as per the first video, here is part 2. It actually does work!

post #3867 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Ok, I see you are struggling, so i made a video. If you made the circuit as per the first video, here is part 2. It actually does work!

https://youtu.be/xdytlUuL5l8
Thank you for your time. Yes it works like on the video you sent me.
* Now if I upload to arduino the AutoSteer INO i must check with the same way if the relays work and make the whole circuit (motor,swm,etc)?
I dont have understand what i must do to make the AutoSteer project.
post #3868 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:

I'd say easies way is to connect base to windows (10) laptop with usb and use snip to send corrections to rtk2go. Just like my #1 setup.
Hi Kaupoi
do you know if it is possible to configure ublox m8t as a base station?
I wuld like to upgrade my gps system, right now i am using rtklib and correction from public NTRIP caster, but i would like to use my own base buying the ardusimple f9p gps.

Another question for Brian: if i want to use sections control and autosteer together i need two arduino? one for autosteer and one for sections control?
Do you think it is usefull to put a diode on the elctrovalve cables to dissipate current when the relay switch off?

thank you
post #3869 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2468 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Κωνσταντίνος Εφρεμίδης View Post
Thank you for your time. Yes it works like on the video you sent me.
* Now if I upload to arduino the AutoSteer INO i must check with the same way if the relays work and make the whole circuit (motor,swm,etc)?
I dont have understand what i must do to make the AutoSteer project.

Well, that is a lot bigger project. Be sure you have the skills to complete it before beginning.
post #3870 of 4006 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianluca View Post
Quote:

Hi Kaupoi
do you know if it is possible to configure ublox m8t as a base station?
I wuld like to upgrade my gps system, right now i am using rtklib and correction from public NTRIP caster, but i would like to use my own base buying the ardusimple f9p gps.

Another question for Brian: if i want to use sections control and autosteer together i need two arduino? one for autosteer and one for sections control?
Do you think it is usefull to put a diode on the elctrovalve cables to dissipate current when the relay switch off?

thank you
You can combine the code to run on one Arduino if you're comfortable doing that.

Regarding that diode, are you talking about a snubbing/flashback diode? That's always a good idea for inductive loads like coils, it protects the relay contacts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page