AgOpenGPS - Page 399 - The Combine Forum
 2152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3981 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 11:06 AM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
one thing i noticed is you can go back in later and press b again. a point stays the same, but you can change b point multiple times.

BrianTee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3982 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_elias View Post
I would like to be able to set the B point later, set A, close the AB window and press the button later to set B.

The interface is pretty clumsy, I agree. So many other things depend on it being set, or not. It also would be nice if it used your current position as B to show the abline updating as you drove. As well as in the whole field view on the left.

post #3983 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I cant' find the arduino sketches. Are they still in the repo.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3984 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendtiii View Post
I cant' find the arduino sketches. Are they still in the repo.?

Which board did you make? We are in the process of making one out of all the sketches to hopefully make things easier.

This has Arduino code. One for ethernet only, one for usb only, and the AutoSteerPCBv2.ino can handle most of the configs out there. Also the PCB Files are there as well

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS

Last edited by BrianTee; 08-19-2019 at 01:38 PM.
post #3985 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagre View Post
I have managed to introduce some basic features of my desired equipment. Now it is showing the spreades area correct with the throwing back of the fertilizer. Turning the sections on/off during AUTO mode is basicly working (not in headlandturns). ... an some more

Just pushed an pullrequest to the orginal git repository. My working copy is on "https://github.com/hagre/AgOpenGPS" (sorry, but I am not allowed to post links)

Below is a pdf of the additional colored area outside of the path. The portion of the code is where I edited it. This just records the tool width larger than it should and paints it twice. One original, and one back on top. I built another on a different computer that you can set the width of over spray. The tool width is the same, but the math is performed here and adds to the line. If the wind is blowing from the left then it could be measured and compensated for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ADDITIONAL COLOR.pdf (544.3 KB, 69 views)
post #3986 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_stuff View Post
Below is a pdf of the additional colored area outside of the path. The portion of the code is where I edited it. This just records the tool width larger than it should and paints it twice. One original, and one back on top. I built another on a different computer that you can set the width of over spray. The tool width is the same, but the math is performed here and adds to the line. If the wind is blowing from the left then it could be measured and compensated for.

Thank you for your detailed replay. I will try to improve the visualisation of the feritilizer feature, but I am still trying to get an deeper overview of the sourcecode. The structur is not alway logical and clean ( i donīt want to be unpolite, but complete seperate parts each for only one thing -> position, calculation, gui, vehicle, displaysettings, ... could make this wounderfull pice of software more stabil and easier to mantain and test. I am realy impressed by what farmerbriantee has already achieved! Thx
kaanakgser likes this.
post #3987 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenn_bjerkem View Post
It would have been great to just stop the tractor for a second and scroll back on the screen and set the A and B points at suitable places in the history. Too often I forget about the AB-line when driving the first round on the field.
Geostar 200 from SBG has a feature almost like that, but you must finish the first contour round, and then you can choose whatever side (or bit of a side) to be the A B line.
I love that function... maybe also a very nice option for agopen!
post #3988 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thank you for the info. I found it now. What did you change in the AutoSteerEth.ino to "Fix Drive" ?

I have switched to a atmega 2560 to have a additional serial port to communicate with other ECU's.
So I have to copy all fixes manually in "my" sketch. The diff in github shows no results,
because for the arduino code the whole files are shown as diff.

Stefan
post #3989 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendtiii View Post
Thank you for the info. I found it now. What did you change in the AutoSteerEth.ino to "Fix Drive" ?

I have switched to a atmega 2560 to have a additional serial port to communicate with other ECU's.
So I have to copy all fixes manually in "my" sketch. The diff in github shows no results,
because for the arduino code the whole files are shown as diff.

Stefan

The problem wasn't in the ino, it was in AgOpenGPS. Drive spoofs the autosteer when the Drive button is green and is normal when red. The code missed sending the actual steering angle setpoint.

Code:
// If Drive button disabled be normal, or just fool the autosteer and fill values
            if (!ast.isInFreeDriveMode)
            {
                if (rollUsed != 0)
                {
                    guidanceLineSteerAngle = (Int16)(guidanceLineSteerAngle + 
                        ((-rollUsed) * ((double)mc.autoSteerSettings[mc.ssKd]/50)) * 500 );
                }

//fill up0 the appropriate arrays with new values
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSpeed] = (byte)(pn.speed * 4.0);
                mc.machineControlData[mc.cnSpeed] = mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSpeed];

mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdDistanceHi] = (byte)(guidanceLineDistanceOff >> 8);
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdDistanceLo] = (byte)guidanceLineDistanceOff;

mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSteerAngleHi] = (byte)(guidanceLineSteerAngle >> 8);
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSteerAngleLo] = (byte)guidanceLineSteerAngle;

//out serial to autosteer module  //indivdual classes load the distance and heading deltas 
                AutoSteerDataOutToPort();
            }

else
            {
                //fill up the auto steer array with free drive values
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSpeed] = (byte)(pn.speed * 4.0 + 16);
                mc.machineControlData[mc.cnSpeed] = mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSpeed];

//make steer module think everything is normal
                guidanceLineDistanceOff = 0;
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdDistanceHi] = (byte)(0);
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdDistanceLo] = (byte)0;

guidanceLineSteerAngle = (Int16)(ast.driveFreeSteerAngle * 100);
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSteerAngleHi] = (byte)(guidanceLineSteerAngle >> 8);
                mc.autoSteerData[mc.sdSteerAngleLo] = (byte)guidanceLineSteerAngle;

//out serial to autosteer module  //indivdual classes load the distance and heading deltas 
                AutoSteerDataOutToPort();
            }
post #3990 of 4126 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quick question about the section control stuff; I purchased a new tablet to replace my current one to run with AOG. I have been using the system for a couple months now. As soon as I went to use these new tablet for the first time the Arduino failed to turn the solenoids on and off on the boom. I do believe it could be a communication problem between the arduino and AOG but my tablet seems to connect just fine; I can see the relay byte changing. I tried multiple versions on the AOG and the rate ino, both older integrating versions and the latest that just operated the section control through the auto steer port,but I can not seem to get the system to work again as it did previously. Also, the Led's on my relay board fail to operate though I can operate the coil manually and solenoids with external power. If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page