AgOpenGPS - Page 400 - The Combine Forum
 2119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3991 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minielly14 View Post
Quick question about the section control stuff; I purchased a new tablet to replace my current one to run with AOG. I have been using the system for a couple months now. As soon as I went to use these new tablet for the first time the Arduino failed to turn the solenoids on and off on the boom. I do believe it could be a communication problem between the arduino and AOG but my tablet seems to connect just fine; I can see the relay byte changing. I tried multiple versions on the AOG and the rate ino, both older integrating versions and the latest that just operated the section control through the auto steer port,but I can not seem to get the system to work again as it did previously. Also, the Led's on my relay board fail to operate though I can operate the coil manually and solenoids with external power. If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction that would be awesome
Cheers

Does the usb power the relays? Or does it all go thru the autosteer powersupply? Maybe the new tablet can't supply enough power?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3992 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Does the usb power the relays? Or does it all go thru the autosteer powersupply? Maybe the new tablet can't supply enough power?
The relays themselves have there own 12v source but the 5v logic is from the usb powering the arduino. I can't find any specs with output at the usb but some others were saying it could be as low as 100mA. Ill try if with a desktop pc and see what happens; maybe grab another relay board to test too

post #3993 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Wouldn't it be more efficient to run solenoids with mosfet? If the tablets we use do not have the risk of explosion of their batteries if the heat inside the tractor is too hot or the weather is too hot? I just canceled the battery just in case.

sorry for the poor translation. Is there a risk that li-on batteries will explode? I fed the tablet with lm2576 and canceled the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8021.JPG (1.29 MB, 23 views)

Last edited by kaanakgser; 08-21-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3994 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have updated to the newest AOG version. But all my settings are gone after I have started the new version. I have to edit all the settings again.
What is the trigger for the default settings to be load in AOG? In which directory are the settings stored?
post #3995 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendtiii View Post
I have updated to the newest AOG version. But all my settings are gone after I have started the new version. I have to edit all the settings again.
What is the trigger for the default settings to be load in AOG? In which directory are the settings stored?

Settings are in YourUserProfileNameHere/appdata/local/agopengps but are in json format. If its the same version and same directory, it will use your old settings. I don't change version very often because of that. The settings stuff is all built into C#.
post #3996 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
dear brian (rateappliedlpmright) instead I want to print the pressure data, how do I do it, if it is difficult I don't want to bother you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bar.jpg (104.3 KB, 13 views)
post #3997 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaanakgser View Post
dear brian (rateappliedlpmright) instead I want to print the pressure data, how do I do it, if it is difficult I don't want to bother you.
None of that is programmed at either end. It can be done - winter (Canada) project
post #3998 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lost Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Settings are in YourUserProfileNameHere/appdata/local/agopengps but are in json format. If its the same version and same directory, it will use your old settings. I don't change version very often because of that. The settings stuff is all built into C#.

I have a lot of setting files. I copy every new AOG Version in a separate directory.
How can II handle separate AOG versions (with main Version equal) on one PC?
Why creates AOG new settings dirs?

My dir:
Attached Images
File Type: png Bild1AOGSettings.png (148.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by fendtiii; 08-23-2019 at 05:24 PM.
post #3999 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
There are two reasons why AOG makes a new folder for every version. AOG uses the settings API built into the C# standard library, which probably defaults to this behavior. I'm sure it's possible that one could tell C# to make a settings folder without a version number, but this brings me to reason two, which is that since AOG is developing rapidly, the items in the saved settings file may change version to version, and and old settings files may cause newer versions of AOG problems (or vice versa). It's an age-old programming dilemma.
BrianTee likes this.
post #4000 of 4061 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello,
i just startet with AOG and tried to figure out section Control. Right now i have some Kind of scale Problem, i create a new field and load the kml file from Google Earth for outer boundary. AOG then Shows me a 20 ha big field, but it is only 3.5 ha.
Then i attached an Starfire 300 Receiver and tried driving on field, Position is okay and boundary fits real field but sprayer with 27m width looks to small. Do i miss a config somewhere?

Greetings from Germany
Bernd

Attached Images
File Type: jpg section control.JPG (121.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by BerndRL; 08-24-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page