AgOpenGPS - Page 408 - The Combine Forum
 2161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4071 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'll see what I can do with posting it.

I was thinking just follow the dot also. Since I can control the spacing of the dots, then, I just need to feed which dot to go to next or how many in front of where I am now. Kinda like your A B C function. Instead of a point on the line, line up with the point. That should get rid of most of the heading issues. What's my heading now? What heading do I need to be when i get to the next dot? Run a short Dubins (or something like that) to get there. Hey, that may be the best idea yet. Thanks.

By the way, this all started with using ABC to spray a field when the Raven Controller died. Drove by the field today, best it has looked in years. No strips of missed weeds. Thanks Again.

torriem and BrianTee like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4072 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
..........And if in 3 points the direction changes twice, it will try to turn around - hence the pinning the steering

Can you direct me to this check in the code. Tried follow the dot. Very unstable. Deleted the changes I made to RecordPath.cs and started over fresh. Just feeding my drawPath into your recList. Still works well until tight corners. But not all tight corners. It is very random of what corners it will follow. If it ever goes way off track, and you hit stop. Dubins will find the start point but it will not track on the recorded line. (I think this is a Bool switch.) Delete path and start over seams to fix that problem. So, I drove and recorded the first part of the path. Then I drew the last half of the path and fixed the whole path with the spacing, fillets, and headings. Printed out headings in the textbox1 in the FormSelf. They all looked right. Ran the RecordedPath. Followed nicely until near the end where I turned sharper than 90 degrees. Watching the SteerAngle in the little box. It starts the turn correct. The angle climbs to near 4000 then it immediately reverses to near - 4000. Or it may set it to zero.

post #4073 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Multiple tractor / U-turn alarm

Hello again and thank you for the great job !
I have now installed Agopengps on 2 tractors, and it works well.

Would it be possible to add an Alarm on the Tablet when U-Turn starts to tell the driver he has something to do (lift machine, drive slower, ...)
I was first thinking installing a buzzer on a relay port but it would be much simpler if an alarm would be integrated directly in AgopenGps on the Tablet.

Thank you in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4074 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Lightbulb Menue Item Quit/Exit

Hello Brian,

can you please insert a "Quit" or "Exit" option in your File drop down menu.
On touch screens, it is very difficult to meet the x in the upper right corner
(with big fingers).

Thank you.

Stefan
Attached Images
File Type: png ExitAOG1.png (318.7 KB, 4 views)
WTalen likes this.
post #4075 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendtiii View Post
Hello Brian,

can you please insert a "Quit" or "Exit" option in your File drop down menu.
On touch screens, it is very difficult to meet the x in the upper right corner
(with big fingers).

Thank you.

Stefan

Oh yes for sure!
post #4076 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Touch lines are here. Why drive to make AB Lines when a couple touches will do. On Github.

Touch Lines - Lines and curves with Touch - YouTube
These changes are so great! My suggestion would be to show only the AB and curve lines created in the field you are using at that moment and hide the ones from other fields. From the video's I can't tell if that is already the case.

Now personally I'm still looking for a way to turn a survey shapefile into a .kml which can be imported into AOG. I have once shared a method with text editor here which I thought worked but it did not after all.
post #4077 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi All. I'm about to have a go at building a semi autonomous mower using AOG, it'll be a big learning curve but definitely worth it the end I reckon!
Just a question though, I read in the agrabot thread that the agarbot project is dead mainly because AOG has all the same functionality built in (well at least this was my understanding)
Just wondering if there's controls (relays?) in AOG to be able to engage and disengage drive as well as lifting and lowering the implements?
post #4078 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonjc91 View Post
Hi All. I'm about to have a go at building a semi autonomous mower using AOG, it'll be a big learning curve but definitely worth it the end I reckon!
Just a question though, I read in the agrabot thread that the agarbot project is dead mainly because AOG has all the same functionality built in (well at least this was my understanding)
Just wondering if there's controls (relays?) in AOG to be able to engage and disengage drive as well as lifting and lowering the implements?

You can just use sectional control to turn on/off stuff. Or just use the recorded feature (best for a mower always doing the same thing)
post #4079 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone. Last weekend installed and wired all electrical components on one of our tractors. Right now it's guidance only. Had time for couple adjustments and a short drive. It seemed to track and indicate directions quite good. This weekend I will mount hydraulics for steering and I hope I have enough time to test and adjust necessary parameters. I will post some pics next week when I have done my installation.

From what I saw when I had my little test I have a couple questions about tractor and implement representation in AOG:
- vehicle dimensions are not real but for illustration purpose only
- Starting from bottom
  1. Horizontal red line = implement width
  2. Vertical light violet line = trailed implement drawbar length
  3. Red dot = Vehicle hitch point ????
  4. Vertical blue line = vehicle hitch length from rear axle ????
  5. Black triangle = vehicle with rear axle on horizontal black bottom line and front axle on top vertex of triangle ????
  6. Light blue dot = GPS antenna location ????
  7. Colored gradient triangle = ???? just a connection representation from rear axle to GPS antenna ????
  8. Two yellow angled lines = no idea, lookahead ????
  9. Top bar with vertical yellow line = steer angle and roll indicator

It seems to me that all these elements are to scale according to the provided vehicle and implement dimensions.
Can Brian or someone elaborate on my guesses?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tractor&Tool_Representation.JPG (111.5 KB, 8 views)
post #4080 of 4131 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
You can just use sectional control to turn on/off stuff. Or just use the recorded feature (best for a mower always doing the same thing)
Awesome thanks for that! I'm just waiting on some PCBs to turn up then its soldering time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page