AgOpenGPS - Page 93 - The Combine Forum
 2128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #921 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Do you have an Idea why the left section control does not turn off in this special case? The "AB Line Skip or Overlap" is 0.

Attached Images
File Type: png Overlap.png (246.9 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #922 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Does it do that all the way to the center? How about with a bigger circle? Slower speed? I know that with the guidance the lookahead point gets farther ahead the faster you go. I would hazard that that section of the boom is "seeing" the unapplied area outside the circle.

AB Line Skip or Overlap refers to pass-to-pass overlap, if I am not mistaken. Someone will correct me if I am wrong!

post #923 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2486 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminK87 View Post
Do you have an Idea why the left section control does not turn off in this special case? The "AB Line Skip or Overlap" is 0.
Absolutely, the look ahead is not smart enough to do an angular lookahead so it sees unapplied ahead of it. If you turn lookahead to a short time, it won't see it and won't turn on.

The faster you go, the farther it looks ahead because it is time, not distance based. If your vehicle is going 9, then that outside of the boom is going about 15, and since each section has its own lookahead, that's a long way out.

there isn't a single commercial product that can do angular lookahead.

Last edited by BrianTee; 11-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #924 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Capstan must be for turn compensation to work.
post #925 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Capstan must be for turn compensation to work.
turn compensation is a function of angular speed and rate then adjusting rate accordingly. Lookahead is a function of position and when to turn the boom on. I can't absolutely confirm or deny whether lookahead would not be triggered on Capstan, but it may seem that way since the instant on and off of PWM may hide that - as in very short look ahead.

Its a question i pretty much just rec'd a blank stare for at Agritrade at most vendors. That, and many others. Agleader was extremely knowledgeable and up front on many of my not so common questions.

Edit: I believe Torriem and i early on had this discussion. If you make the boom angular lookahead, then you will miss in other places - especially inside sections because it is looking the wrong way as the average angular velocity for each section would be different. And the math would be horrendous.

Last edited by BrianTee; 11-10-2017 at 03:24 PM.
post #926 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Brian, what software do you recommend to open the source code for AoG?
wvca likes this.
post #927 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Are you asking what compiler and IDE? AOG is written in C#, version 7 if I'm not mistaken. I use Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition to build it, but the latest version should work fine too. I once got it to open and build in SharpDevelop, another open-source IDE on Windows, but that requires the Visual Studio compilers to be installed, so you need VS anyway. I'm on Windows 10, but I imagine any OS that VS 2015 or newer supports will work fine.

You can download Visual Studio community edition from Microsoft's web page.

The code base is now rather large, but it is understandable. I've pretty much gone over every line of it in my porting project and I understand most of it. Brian has a comment in FormGPS.cs at the very bottom that gives an outline of the program's execution. As AOG is a GUI app that's event driven, control comes down from the GUI to event handlers, and that includes a timer that drivers the main core logic.

My side project, QtAOG is written in C++, and I develop and build in the Qt Creator IDE that comes with Qt's open source package. But that's a subject for another thread (and I will start that thread soon... making progress in fits and starts).

Last edited by torriem; 11-11-2017 at 12:40 AM.
post #928 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_elias View Post
Brian, what software do you recommend to open the source code for AoG?
As torriem has said, Visual Studio. I have been using Visual Studio 2017 Community edition which is free and awesome. there are som egreat features in the newest version of .NET but i have retained the 4.0 framework - but that only means any visual studio being 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 will easily compile AOG without error. I really like compatibility over anything.
https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/

Once it is installed, you can run AgOpenGPS.sln which contains all the projects and source code.

I also do Qt programming within Visual Studio:
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com...tudioTools2015

To modify the Arduino code, i use the the Arduino integrated development environment sometimes but mostly Visual Micro which is an extension in Visual Studio for Arduino.
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com...orVisualStudio

A great video about the arduino and VS, just watch it, its cold out! You'll never go back to the unaware Arduino IDE.

It allows you to program Arduino code - and debug - along with intellisense, and on the fly error correcting.

And my favourite programming tool for all the answers already out there.....
Google
Andre Cunali likes this.
post #929 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

v2.2 stable is on Github AgOpenGPS.

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS
wvca likes this.
post #930 of 4072 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Great! Maybe I can catch up on the C++ version by Christmas, in time to be several versions behind again.

BrianTee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page