DIY AutoSteer with AgOpenGPS - Page 151 - The Combine Forum
 1214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1501 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Are you getting constantly updated values in the text box from the steer arduino? Is your steer switch enable connected properly to the arduino, or is may be floating?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weder View Post
I dont think so, most of orbitrols allow only a few bar pressure at the output to tank, check your Orbitrol if its able to do more!
Do your think that it could be mounted in series before the orbitrol?
Does you steering wheel block while in Auto-steer, or it moves freely? (so you can use the steering wheel encoder to disangage Auto-steer)

post #1503 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrek View Post
Do your think that it could be mounted in series before the orbitrol?
Does you steering wheel block while in Auto-steer, or it moves freely? (so you can use the steering wheel encoder to disangage Auto-steer)
Same problem, could not find a Valve which allows pressure at the output!

You are talking about „reaction“ orbitrol, this is a problem also at closed center systems.
You have to switch the orbitrol away from the steering lines, otherwise the steering wheel will turn instead of the axle.

3 approaches:
1: 6/2 valve switching over the steering lines completely to the valve
Some commercial retrofit systems are going this way (I started this way)
2: Using switchover valves, havn‘t seen in reality, but rumors said it should work?
3: Change the orbitrol to a one with „non reaction“ (I ended up here)

Last edited by Weder; 12-10-2018 at 04:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weder View Post
Same problem, could not find a Valve which allows preassure at the output!

You are talking about „reaction“ orbitrol, this is a problem also at closed center .........
Isn't the purpose of those valves to control hydraulic flow and pressure to cylinders? I don't quite understand why the pressure should be limiter in the output. But I don't have much knowledge about hydraulic systems.

For now, it seems that there are four types of steering, and we should think about proper connecting of AOG into those types:
1) Open Center - Non-reaction
2) Open Center - Reaction
3) Close Center Load Sensing - Non-reaction
4) Close Center Load Sensing - Reaction

In both my tractors I have Non-reaction steering (as my steering wheel doesn't move intil I touch it), and I thought taht Reaction types are used only in Automobiles. As the biggest difference should be that Reaction steering needs to have the same flow to each wheel, so there should be two cylinders connected as a parrallel pair (or maybe one cylinder with rod on both sides). Is that right?

To BrianTee:
Brian, this topic is wide, and I believe that it should have a separate thread in this forum, so we could discuss only hydraulic steering. Should we start a new topic and is it possible to copy some of the posts there?

Last edited by Marrek; 12-10-2018 at 04:49 AM.
post #1505 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Isn't the purpose of those valves to control hydraulic flow and pressure to cylinders? I don't quite understand why the pressure should be limiter in the output. But I don't have much knowledge about hydraulic systems.
The output back to the tank is meant, should be nearly free!
Quote:
For now, it seems that there are four types of steering, and we should think about proper connecting of AOG into those types:
1) Open Center - Non-reaction
2) Open Center - Reaction
3) Close Center Load Sensing - Non-reaction
4) Close Center Load Sensing - Reaction
You got it! But its not a thing of AOG only , it's same thing of every automatic steering system if used with hydraulic.
Quote:
In both my tractors I have Non-reaction steering (as my steering wheel doesn't move intil I touch it), and I thought taht Reaction types are used only in Automobiles.
Both variants are out there, but you are not really bothered, if you not exactly take care about it.
Quote:
As the biggest difference should be that Reaction steering needs to have the same flow to each wheel, so there should be two cylinders connected as a parrallel pair (or maybe one cylinder with rod on both sides). Is that right?
Never heard about that, what is the reason?
Quote:
To BrianTee:
Brian, this topic is wide, and I believe that it should have a separate thread in this forum, so we could discuss only hydraulic steering. Should we start a new topic and is it possible to copy some of the posts there?
More likely a thing of the Wiki, made some schemes, but still found no time to ad.

Last edited by Weder; 12-10-2018 at 05:12 AM.
post #1506 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 06:58 AM

There is a site with installation manuals https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=1581]HERE , but there are so many types, without the part number of valves.

I still think that separate thread would be great to have. We would really appreciate if you could share your knowledge with us, so we can learn a little bit more about hydraulics, and why it should be connected that way, not the other way

Connecting things is not a problem. A problem is connecting things RIGHT.
post #1507 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
To BrianTee:
Absolutely! The more topics the better I think.

** It really doesn't need to be a topic since AgOpenGPS is never to be used on a real vehicle in any type of driven scenario. It is for learning and simulation only, for discussion on how potentially autosteer may possibly work as there are no safety limits in place whatsoever or implied.
dairytech likes this.

Last edited by BrianTee; 12-10-2018 at 07:53 AM.
post #1508 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Absolutely! The more topics the better I think.
Ok decision is fixed by chef ;-)

Will do some more graphics, and open up a new topic ... if I can find some time next days/weeks..ohh god...
post #1509 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Are you getting constantly updated values in the text box from the steer arduino? Is your steer switch enable connected properly to the arduino, or is may be floating?
The problem was with my error, not configuring my gps to update fast enough. Its now running at 5hz and its smooth just like simulator.
post #1510 of 2024 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hello,

I'm continuing with AGO on my old Same (Open Center, separate steering pump, orbitrol, cylinder, no reaction I think)
and was looking for a electric valve.
I thought of the following scheme :

Orbitrol is not loaded at the output and has just to flow the output of the electric valve ?
What do you think ?
Otherways, I think there could have possibilities with 5 ways valves.

Best regards
francois

Attached Images
File Type: jpg OC_Non_React.jpg (32.0 KB, 133 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page